The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Just Firmed :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

and I'm looking at Southside/Eastside too... they're really expensive but seeing as I'm not going to be spending more than 1 year in halls, may as well live that year in style I suppose...
Original post by Alex J
Just Firmed :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

and I'm looking at Southside/Eastside too... they're really expensive but seeing as I'm not going to be spending more than 1 year in halls, may as well live that year in style I suppose...

Yes exactly!!! This year is gonna be amazing :smile:
Reply 3102
Got my offer pack! :h: now for the dreaded injections...
I wish I had the grades for Imperial:frown:
Reply 3104
Original post by Alex J
Got my offer pack! :h: now for the dreaded injections...

how long did it take for your offer pack to come after your offer? :smile: congrats on the offer!!
Reply 3105
Original post by DSal
how long did it take for your offer pack to come after your offer? :smile: congrats on the offer!!

It took 8 days to come after the track update, and I firmed last night so I doubt the sending of the offer pack has any relation to if/when you firm them. And thanks! :biggrin:
Hey guys, congratulations to everyone with an offer from Imperial- hope we all get fantastic grades in the summer, and sort out what appears to be never ending paperwork which I've yet to start.

This is just a world university ranking which made me smile a bit (bear in mind international rankings fluctuate slightly, so QS will be a bit different for example, but they all more or less include Imperial as top 5-10 for medicine specifically). Anyways, this is filtered for clinical, pre-clinical and health (medicine), on the Times Higher Education world university ranks, check out where Imperial College is:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-2012/clinical-pre-clinical-health.html

..Like a boss.
(edited 12 years ago)
Does anyone know if you still receive the offer pack if Imperial is down as your insurance choice?
Reply 3108
Original post by All Taken
Hey guys, congratulations to everyone with an offer from Imperial- hope we all get fantastic grades in the summer, and sort out what appears to be never ending paperwork which I've yet to start.

This is just a world university ranking which made me smile a bit (bear in mind international rankings fluctuate slightly, so QS will be a bit different for example, but they all more or less include Imperial as top 5-10 for medicine specifically). Anyways, this is filtered for clinical, pre-clinical and health (medicine), on the Times Higher Education world university ranks, check out where Imperial College is:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-2012/clinical-pre-clinical-health.html

..Like a boss.

mate Imperial should be number 1!

In all seriousness though, ICSM is 20-odd years old and for it to be 3rd in the world is an achievement to be proud of. And look at this:

it was like 8th in 2011 (or there abouts)
now its 3rd in 2012
extrapolate the trend to 2013...
Original post by Alex J

In all seriousness though, ICSM is 20-odd years old and for it to be 3rd in the world is an achievement to be proud of. And look at this:

now its 3rd in 2012

Hahaha! :biggrin:

I like it!
Reply 3110
Original post by Alex J

now its 3rd in 2012

Original post by StockholmBoy
Hahaha! :biggrin:

I like it!

lets hope we contribute to the extrapolation......
Reply 3111
Congratulations people who got offers :smile:
What are your GSCE and AS results ? :smile:
Original post by Lama88

Got 6A*s, 3A's and a B at GCSE, 4A's at AS. BMAT: 5.7, 5.2, 2.5A
So not anything amazingly special :biggrin: So happy to have got an offer :smile:
Original post by Lama88

1.5A*, 5A and 5B at GCSE and 4As at AS. I hope that some other people can take hope from my GCSEs as they're far below what an average medical applicant seems to get, and I still got in, so it can be done! Don't lose hope! :smile: Best of luck.
Afternoon,
This ones for any Imperial students or anyone who lives in the area actually. For accommodation, when it says a 20 minute walk, is it actually a 20 minute walk or is that a large underestimate and it ends up more like 30 minutes?
I'm just wondering for when it comes to applying halls.
Original post by 4 Mathlete the win
Afternoon,
This ones for any Imperial students or anyone who lives in the area actually. For accommodation, when it says a 20 minute walk, is it actually a 20 minute walk or is that a large underestimate and it ends up more like 30 minutes?
I'm just wondering for when it comes to applying halls.

Google maps suggests the 20 minute walk ones are just under 20 minutes, and google usually agrees with my walking speed.
Reply 3116
I was going through the accommodation and I realised that the sport facilities are free if you live in the halls which are in the South Kensigton campus but not for the ones which are 20mins walking distance away or further. Is this true? And if so does anyone know the cost for the facilities, as I want to know whether the added cost would mean they end up being pretty equal. Thanks
Original post by :)!
I was going through the accommodation and I realised that the sport facilities are free if you live in the halls which are in the South Kensigton campus but not for the ones which are 20mins walking distance away or further. Is this true? And if so does anyone know the cost for the facilities, as I want to know whether the added cost would mean they end up being pretty equal. Thanks

I can't give you a certain answer, but I am almost completely sure that Ethos is 'free' for all students regardless of accommodation. It wouldn't be fair or make any sense to give the students with the best housing free gym membership and access to the sport facilities and not the rest.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by :)!

I believe pretty much all the facilities are free for Imperial students. I think there's a small induction fee for being shown around ethos and one of the gyms has restricted times for students but almost all free for all.
There's a £30 Induction/Membership to Ethos that you have to pay if you want to use it, regardless of where your accomodation is. After that, you can use it as often as you like for the entirety of your 6 years!

Protip; If you end up living in Wilson House, it's 5 minutes away from the St Mary's campus which houses not one, but TWO gyms, which are MUCH less crowded than Ethos is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending