The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
There seems to be no winners yet. Perhaps they eliminated the first round and are still reviewing the second round applicants.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by Takhmina
Loan, I'm from Kazakhstan, and you?
I received an email and I am NOT awarded the scholarship too.

I am from Vietnam, Takhmina. Too bad we both did not get it. Are you going there or not?
Cant afford it here, haizzaa, need to plan something else...
Reply 182
Original post by mg428
There seems to be no winners yet. Perhaps they eliminated the first round and are still reviewing the second round applicants.

Yes, the supply is too low while the demand is too high, nothing much to expect or surprise, but still it hurts the feeling...

Do you have a plan B?
Reply 183
Hi, I also applied for a scholarship but i still have no answer and the waiting is killiiiing me : ( i have yet not seen anyone who got it and it worries me : S
Reply 184
Original post by Loan
I am from Vietnam, Takhmina. Too bad we both did not get it. Are you going there or not?
Cant afford it here, haizzaa, need to plan something else...

Yes, I am definitely going there.
that's a pity... Hope you'll find something better!
Reply 185
Original post by jen_196
Hi, I also applied for a scholarship but i still have no answer and the waiting is killiiiing me : ( i have yet not seen anyone who got it and it worries me : S

Hi Jen, some of us here got the No already, so if you havent got it yet, it may be the YES!!!! Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 186
I'm an international undergraduate applicant for 2012 entry, is it too late for me to apply for a scholarship? I'm shocked seeing you guys have applied and stuff :eek:
Reply 188
the deadline for the scholarships is 23rd April. i still need to apply but i don't know what to write for the 250 word essay. any help?
Reply 189
I need to write my 250 word assignment as well for the undergraduate scholarship ... still thinking :daydreaming:
Reply 190
Scholarship deadline for international students is May 31st.
I am also about to write my essay. After reading all the comments, i am a bit disheartened. But lets see what happens?

Are there others who are applying for the international scholarship? I would love to hear from you and share the process. :smile:
Original post by mekagrg
Scholarship deadline for international students is May 31st.
I am also about to write my essay. After reading all the comments, i am a bit disheartened. But lets see what happens?

Are there others who are applying for the international scholarship? I would love to hear from you and share the process. :smile:

I might apply but I'm waiting till my exams are over :P haven't done anything -___- hehe
Reply 192
Original post by desy.kris
I might apply but I'm waiting till my exams are over :P haven't done anything -___- hehe

haha, i think i am the only one paranoid. I want to get it done with as soon as possible.
Reply 193
How can I apply for several scholarship at the moment? I mean both full and half fee waivers, Westminster international scholarships, International house, etc. Do I need to send separate copies of transcripts for each scholarship or what?
Reply 194
Original post by Curare
How can I apply for several scholarship at the moment? I mean both full and half fee waivers, Westminster international scholarships, International house, etc. Do I need to send separate copies of transcripts for each scholarship or what?

No, you don't need to send several applications. You just have to mention your intended scholarships in your application. There is a place where you put your scholarship choices on the application.
Personal note: I do not think you should mention both full and half fee waivers. Just write "full". They might just grant you a half scholarship. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 195
Original post by mekagrg
No, you don't need to send several applications. You just have to mention your intended scholarships in your application. There is a place where you put your scholarship choices on the application.
Personal note: I do not think you should mention both full and half fee waivers. Just write "full". They might just grant you a half scholarship. Good luck. :smile:

Thanks for the answer! But on their website I see the following: Please note that you should only apply for the level of funding you actually need as we assume that you are applying for the minimum funding you require to take the course and we do not consider you for smaller scholarships if you are unsuccessful in gaining the larger one.
I think this means that if full waiver is not granted, you automatically will not be considered for a smaller one.
Reply 196
Original post by Curare
Thanks for the answer! But on their website I see the following: Please note that you should only apply for the level of funding you actually need as we assume that you are applying for the minimum funding you require to take the course and we do not consider you for smaller scholarships if you are unsuccessful in gaining the larger one.
I think this means that if full waiver is not granted, you automatically will not be considered for a smaller one.

Well, that puts everything into a whole new perspective. :confused: I would think that mentioning both half and full waiver scholarship would jeopardize my chances of getting a full scholarship. But since, the university itself says it then i guess, it is perfectly okay to do so. I do need full scholarship though and the university doesn't have half fee waiver scholarship for international undergraduates(it only has the 2000 part fee waiver one). So i guess i should put that there.
Are you an international student? Undergrad? (Sorry for confusing you:redface:)
Hi everyone! I'm kind of new here. I sent my scholarship package few days ago and it may arrive to UK tomorrow. I'm wondering if the scholarship is processed based on the "first come, first served" rule? Because a friend of mine told me that she knew one guy was informed to receive a full scholarship in October while the deadline was in the early of November. O_O. When I saw a post by louderthanbells said he received a letter saying he was awarded a gold scholarship before the deadline, I now think that it's probably true that the process in based on"first come, first served" rule. Anyone here knows anything about this? I got some problems with the post office, and if they view the scholarship application before the deadline, it'd be a big deal T____T
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by mekagrg
Well, that puts everything into a whole new perspective. :confused: I would think that mentioning both half and full waiver scholarship would jeopardize my chances of getting a full scholarship. But since, the university itself says it then i guess, it is perfectly okay to do so. I do need full scholarship though and the university doesn't have half fee waiver scholarship for international undergraduates(it only has the 2000 part fee waiver one). So i guess i should put that there.
Are you an international student? Undergrad? (Sorry for confusing you:redface:)

I've sent them an e-mail with these questions, but still no answer :frown:
Yes, I am an international student, postgraduate :smile: There are 4 or 5 scholarships I would like to apply for, but don't know how to mention all of them in 1 application, they are not only from the University itself. I am a bit confused, yes :biggrin:
Reply 199
Original post by Curare
I've sent them an e-mail with these questions, but still no answer :frown:
Yes, I am an international student, postgraduate :smile: There are 4 or 5 scholarships I would like to apply for, but don't know how to mention all of them in 1 application, they are not only from the University itself. I am a bit confused, yes :biggrin:

They are usually good with answering emails. What do you mean by " not only from the university itself"? If all the scholarships you are applying are the ones mentioned on the scholarship brochure then you should write them down on your application. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending