Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are you a friendly person online?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In general, I don't think online interaction matters that much. for most of the day, I don't think about nor care about it. But it seems many get offended if something they read online is not to their liking.

Does this make sense?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedesifems)
    Does this make sense?

no
    • 7 followers

How I am online is how I am in real life. :dontknow:

Does that answer your question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm just very curt and unfriendly online, since to me there is no rapport and it's generally strangers.
    • 142 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try to be lol. I hate when people neg for the smallest of things though I guess it's fruitless to try & please everybody so you might as well just be yourself I'm so much more confident online than I am in real life (where I'm quite shy around people as I feel that I'm getting judged badly). I dunno why I love helping people so much on here it's not as if I'm ever going to meet them in real life but it just gives me a feel good factor inside for some reason :rolleyes:
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm more raw online.. perhaps more incendiary/reactionary too aye, if not necessarily more unfriendly
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably more blunt online, whether that comes across as nice is another matter.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends on my mood but I find that people are VERY sensitive online.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Generally the same online and off. Yes I'm friendly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really hate how unecessarily unfriendly and rude people are on tsr because people come on here looking for help with real problems and that's kind of the point of this part of the forum... but its just reality that people dont interact in the same way online ... but I dont think its ever helpful to be gratuitously nasty or sarcastic- but it is an advantage of online forums that you can be honest with people- but a lot of people just make stupid assumptions- you can only go on what people say about themselves...there's very little you can actually know about a person based on an internet post..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.