The Student Room Group

The Revamped TSR Asperger's Society!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
:sadnod:

it's awful at times but I always realise that I have my friends and family who support me :smile:
Original post by Mrx123
it's awful at times but I always realise that I have my friends and family who support me :smile:

I know what you mean, but I still have my moments of melancholic apathy.
Reply 422
I know what you mean, but I still have my moments of melancholic apathy.

whats tht?
Does anyone have any experience of obsessions towards others? I think I'm slowly messing up what was a good friendship because of this...

And to make everything slightly harder, he's Autistic too.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone have any experience of obsessions towards others? I think I'm slowly messing up what was a good friendship because of this...

Oh dear god, yes! I had a terrible obsession towards a certain friend during secondary school; hence, why I don't let myself get too close to people and vice versa. I do, however, form obsessions with people I begin to trust and it's always people I most likely will never see again. :sigh:
Original post by Mrx123
whats tht?

Basically being sad and not caring about anything in the world.
So I had my assessment today... Well, my initial assessment. Was an hour long and she (the psychologist) said that it seems to her that my assumptions were correct and that I have Asperger's. Not sure if that was the diagnosis, though, because I'm going back a month later to discuss how a diagnosis can be helpful, etc.

It feels a bit weird. My bank account will also suffer a bit after the second meeting. :p:
Reply 427
Basically being sad and not caring about anything in the world.

I'll admit I've felt like tht sometimes but I would always want to talk to someone about it, preferably a stranger because they don't know you and cant really judge you but still give advice
Reply 428
How is everyone today?

Had an odd moment at the pub today. So the head of lighting and I were talking and out of no where he asked me if I had Asperger's? I was quite taken back at first, but it turned out he has it too and he said well done to me for being able to cope much better then he ever could. Strange.
Reply 429
I have a question. If i asked if it is possible for a guy with AS to have a girlfriend you would say yes. So i'm not gonna ask that. what I am gonna ask is is it likely? Assuming that i am fairly good looking and at least try with girls?
Original post by sexbo
I have a question. If i asked if it is possible for a guy with AS to have a girlfriend you would say yes. So i'm not gonna ask that. what I am gonna ask is is it likely? Assuming that i am fairly good looking and at least try with girls?

Firstly, I think everybody's got a chance regardless of their condition. Secondly, not all girls are shallow to judge on looks
Reply 431
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Firstly, I think everybody's got a chance regardless of their condition. Secondly, not all girls are shallow to judge on looks

Evidence? do you know of many with AS? have you yourself managed to get a gf? Thank you for your input but I wasnt looking for vapid "someone for everyone because the world is perfect" advice. Sorry if im sounding rude but i just want solid evidence that its likely and if u could provide that that would b great
Original post by sexbo
Evidence? do you know of many with AS? have you yourself managed to get a gf? Thank you for your input but I wasnt looking for vapid "someone for everyone because the world is perfect" advice. Sorry if im sounding rude but i just want solid evidence that its likely and if u could provide that that would b great

That's ok :smile: I haven't had one since, but I had a gf when I was 15, so proves it can happen.
Reply 433
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
That's ok :smile: I haven't had one since, but I had a gf when I was 15, so proves it can happen.

Alright that's the motivation I needed. Thanks :smile:
It can happen - A male friend of mine with AS is married. However, unlike some of you, he wasn't diagnosed until he'd been married for a few years. (they'd been together for 4 years at this point)
Had one of those bad days today. Didn't help that the ex gf was rubbing my nose in it with her new bf (who she was seeing before we ended). Even stooped to slinging insults at her. Oh dear.

Thing is I've noticed with AS (Or in my case anyway) is that I love being proved correct.
Original post by The_master616

Thing is I've noticed with AS (Or in my case anyway) is that I love being proved correct.

I love that too. Once had a debate on Facebook regarding a maths question (geeky, I know) and nearly everyone said I was wrong. Apart from the 2 people with math degrees...

i have the same. have the tendency to phone someone all the time when we have been in an arguement.. just to hear him say we will be alright.
Will see my uni GP sometime soon but what is a typical timeframe for diagnosis for an adult? I would like to know ASAP but relaistically I only have 2.5 months left of the year in which to do so, otherwise it will be autumn time before I can see someone.
Will see my uni GP sometime soon but what is a typical timeframe for diagnosis for an adult? I would like to know ASAP but relaistically I only have 2.5 months left of the year in which to do so, otherwise it will be autumn time before I can see someone.

It probably depends where you live. I was first referred in January and had an appointment at the end of February. I now have a follow up appointment in mid April.

Quick Reply

Latest