The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Adult nursing cardiff !!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TigerRose93
Same! :biggrin: they've offered me BBB but I'm only predicted BBC which worries me. :/

Congrats! Ah im sure you'll be fine :smile:{
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi i've had a conditional offer for cardiff adult branch, one of the conditions states subject to getting an nhs funded place. Do other people have this on their offer??

Thanks
Reply 22
Original post by caz77
Hi i've had a conditional offer for cardiff adult branch, one of the conditions states subject to getting an nhs funded place. Do other people have this on their offer??

Thanks

Yeh that's on my offer too, I think it just means that as long as the NHS fund the places for their offers then we're all good :smile: I don't think it's anything to worry about!
Reply 23
Original post by speck
Yeh that's on my offer too, I think it just means that as long as the NHS fund the places for their offers then we're all good :smile: I don't think it's anything to worry about!

Thanks for that, ive had an offer for Glam to but it doesnt mention that, glam is for march intake but i really want to start sept so leaning more towards cardiff
Reply 24
Im in exactly the same position as you,offer from Cardiff for September and Glam for March, but March just seems so far away, another year before it starts :confused:
Im edging more towards Cardiff too at the moment!
Original post by speck
Congrats! Ah im sure you'll be fine :smile:{

Thank you! I might email admissions tomorrow, I don't want to put them as my firm choice and get rejected even if I do get a C. :smile: and two Bs.
Reply 26
Original post by speck
Im in exactly the same position as you,offer from Cardiff for September and Glam for March, but March just seems so far away, another year before it starts :confused:
Im edging more towards Cardiff too at the moment!

Hi,

Was Glam your first choice? I've heard good and for both, def thinking of Cardiff as my firm now as I really dont want to wait a year from now to start x
Reply 27
Original post by caz77
Hi,

Was Glam your first choice? I've heard good and for both, def thinking of Cardiff as my firm now as I really dont want to wait a year from now to start x

I didn't think I was going to be accepted to either one so didn't really have a preference, but I've just accepted Cardiff as my firm and Glam as my insurance (I've already got all my grades though) and just applied for residences at Cardiff too so all sorted! scary stuff.
I know a year seems so long to wait, I've had a few years out already so just want to get stuck in now :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by speck
I didn't think I was going to be accepted to either one so didn't really have a preference, but I've just accepted Cardiff as my firm and Glam as my insurance (I've already got all my grades though) and just applied for residences at Cardiff too so all sorted! scary stuff.
I know a year seems so long to wait, I've had a few years out already so just want to get stuck in now :biggrin:

lol I've had more than a few years out, I'm 33 next week. I'm doing the Access course as my a levels were years ago so no longer count, Ive got the Grades I need, just need one big assignment to finish. Can't wait to start now, but scared to :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by speck

Which residence have you applied for in Cardiff? Im so confused about which one is best :s-smilie:
Reply 30
Original post by caz77
lol I've had more than a few years out, I'm 33 next week. I'm doing the Access course as my a levels were years ago so no longer count, Ive got the Grades I need, just need one big assignment to finish. Can't wait to start now, but scared to :biggrin:

Ahh not looking forward to assignments again! Same, im excited but nervous as well, no idea what placements will be like :redface:
Reply 31
Original post by Benefnin
Which residence have you applied for in Cardiff? Im so confused about which one is best :s-smilie:

I've put allensbank down as my first choice as its practically on heath campus, and I had friends living there last year who said most of the people living there were doing nursing/OT/radiography, but had people doing all other courses too! :biggrin:
Then got Talybont north as 2nd and 3rd, they're a bit cheaper but a bit further away

What ones are you thinking about?
Reply 32
Original post by speck
I've put allensbank down as my first choice as its practically on heath campus, and I had friends living there last year who said most of the people living there were doing nursing/OT/radiography, but had people doing all other courses too! :biggrin:
Then got Talybont north as 2nd and 3rd, they're a bit cheaper but a bit further away

What ones are you thinking about?

I'm not really sure tbh, my offer is for March '13 so don't know if that makes a difference? Are you starting in September?
Reply 33
Anyone in here in the March intake? If so are you thinking about living in accommodation or traveling?
Reply 34
Original post by Benefnin
I'm not really sure tbh, my offer is for March '13 so don't know if that makes a difference? Are you starting in September?

Yeh I'm starting in September, you can still get accomadation if you start in March though I'm pretty sure!
anyone taking a car im unsure whether too? X
Reply 36
Has anyone had anything through yet about the NHS bursary?
When I rang Cardiff uni a few weeks ago they said they would send something through late May/early June with a reference number on but not had anything yet!
Reply 37
Original post by speck
Has anyone had anything through yet about the NHS bursary?
When I rang Cardiff uni a few weeks ago they said they would send something through late May/early June with a reference number on but not had anything yet!

I'm doing mental health not adult But haven't heard anything either :/
Reply 38
Original post by Rhi_Chemo
I'm doing mental health not adult But haven't heard anything either :/

I've checked UCAS and it still says conditional on there being a funded place... maybe the bursary stuff won't come through until our places are confirmed? Might ring them later!
Still trying to put my student finance app through:s-smilie:
Hi, I'm doing child nursing and contacted the university who told me that I do not need to do anything for the bursary and they would do it all for me in August and I only needed to apply for the reduced loan. A bit worried that we all seem to be hearing different things. :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest