The Student Room Group

What to do during Easter?

revise a lot
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Have you ever got an A/A*? Some of us have to work really hard, and the time off at easter helps us do that.
I was going to start revision 4 days ago, but have no will power - just can't bring myself to do it. Do you have any advice about how to stimulate my willowpower?
Reply 3
159 and counting views not bad
I'd, and I'm sure others, would rather have no social life for 2 weeks than not do as well as you can in exams.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Angry Spartan
I'd, and I'm sure others, would rather have no social life for 2 weeks than not do as well as you can in exams.

Seconded.

The OP actually does want us to fail. Reverse psychology will not work OP.:colone:
Reply 6
Original post by Angry Spartan

third :wink:
Reply 7
I'm in year 11 (GCSE)
What do you recommend? I have 16 exams, and aiming for A* in all. Please advise.
Reply 8
For GCSE go over the topics you've done in class and if any problems arise, see your teacher. They may be able to arrange revision and help during half term.

If you can't wait that long, get a friend or a really clever classmate to explain to to you a difficult topic. That's how I flew through AS level.

Also, do a little bit of work every day. 2 or 3 hours a day should be all right.
Reply 9
Original post by hcam
For GCSE go over the topics you've done in class and if any problems arise, see your teacher. They may be able to arrange revision and help during half term.

If you can't wait that long, get a friend or a really clever classmate to explain to to you a difficult topic. That's how I flew through AS level.

Also, do a little bit of work every day. 2 or 3 hours a day should be all right.

Thanks. Now its Easter, so I can't got and see teachers. However, just before the end of term I went to see teachers for extra work/help etc. I gave them past papers that I have done to mark.

For Sciences and maths I will be fine. (My dad can help me)

But for English, how should I start revising? I have done past papers and handed them in. But there are only 2 copies... what else can I do to revise?

And history? Music?
Reply 10
I'm in a bit of a pickle over the humanities subjects because I'm not very good at them. But practise is key. I hated RE however I practised writing essays in timed conditions so I regularly wrote essays that were A or A star grade like it was as natural as breathing. Maybe the same principle applies to history and English. Check the specification for an A or A star grade and only write what is relevant. More words doesn't always mean a higher mark. More substance means a top grade. Look at model answers to get an idea.

I liked music. I made flash cards to remember definitions and drew pictures on them to jog the memory. Get your music theory down solid in your brain so you understand what they are asking in the exam. CGP do really good music revision books. I did all right in music, a B, but I would have got an A if my theory was stronger. Do a really good music performance and work on theory and you'll pull through.
Original post by Bukhatir
although it's Easter students have decided to work/revise even more :frown:.Just saying take time out and chill out for a fortnight. Go shopping or something or play Mass effect3 e.t.c.. It's a matter of working smarter, not harder.?Getting an A or A* isn't easy but are you willing to destroy yourself?

Taking time away from work and routine allows the body to replenish and repair itself.At this point of reading probably your thinking "this dude wants me to fail f*** him" but just try it.There's a reason why English flocks say, "too much of something is poison"

Tiredness makes revision ineffective and affects performance in exams. Revise for maximum 30 minute intervals and then have a 5 minute break.
The exam should be treated as a normal school or college day, other than that they are doing an exam. Follow your normal routine will help you relax.

Try it go for gym sessions or paint pictures near the river banks.So when going back to learning your there with fresh pair of eyes
:biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1959422

that would be great..... if I wanted to fail my exams.
Reply 12
Original post by lohoj
I'm in year 11 (GCSE)
What do you recommend? I have 16 exams, and aiming for A* in all. Please advise.

Revise like there is no tomorrow :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending