Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Morning run?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here go on a morning run?
    I'm thinking of starting a morning run routine, do you find it beneficial to 'kick-starting' your day and also promoting a healthier lifestyle? Also what time do you go on your morning run?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    Anyone here go on a morning run?
    I'm thinking of starting a morning run routine, do you find it beneficial to 'kick-starting' your day and also promoting a healthier lifestyle? Also what time do you go on your morning run?
    I used to, I used to get up early eat my oats drink a pint of water, wait an hour then run. Get in shower and be at work for 9am, felt great.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do. I tend to run better in the morning.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Set Alarm
    Buy Oats
    Go on Run
    Eat Oats
    ????
    Profit
    why would i even get negged for this. haters gonna hate on my advice.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of doing this, maybe through summer instead though

Would be nice to get a bit more exercise and be active
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I do this, i do about 3-4k starting at between 6 and 6 30 each morning (unlike the others i do not eat or drink before hand, i really dont think its neccesary)

It really does help you start the day, i do the run get ready then am ready to start some work at 7 30, before venturing out towards work around 9.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julian_valensi)
    Hi,

I do this, i do about 3-4k starting at between 6 and 6 30 each morning (unlike the others i do not eat or drink before hand, i really dont think its neccesary)
    Well, assuming your last feed and water was around 7pm like most people, you might go to bed at 10pm, get up at 6am and go for your run.

So 11 hours since your last drink, not to mention the amount you dehydrate during the night (every breath you exhale dehydrates you and you sweat while you sleep) Then you go for a run and dehydrate yourself more.

So you get home and you start your day thoroughly dehydrated, drink the usual amount of water, about 2 liters, throughout your day. But it never tops you back up fully because you were too low to begin with.

Can you see the issue with doing this for a long peroid of time?

I tell you, I love beverages.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely a morning runner - it kickstarts my day, and I find it much harder to motivate myself to go if I don't do it first thing.

At the moment, I normally get up at about 8.30 to run, but as it gets warmer I'll start going earlier - can't stand running in the heat, much prefer it when it's cool. I'll have a handful of dried fruit before I go, then have a proper breakfast when I get back.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I plan to start running every morning at 7am, for about 20 minutes, just to kick start my day.

Will start when I finish uni and don't have to stress about revision or exams. Fingers crossed this is something I'll actually DO rather than just talk about doing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    Well, assuming your last feed and water was around 7pm like most people, you might go to bed at 10pm, get up at 6am and go for your run.

So 11 hours since your last drink, not to mention the amount you dehydrate during the night (every breath you exhale dehydrates you and you sweat while you sleep) Then you go for a run and dehydrate yourself more.

So you get home and you start your day thoroughly dehydrated, drink the usual amount of water, about 2 liters, throughout your day. But it never tops you back up fully because you were too low to begin with.

Can you see the issue with doing this for a long peroid of time?

I tell you, I love beverages.
    Well i think different things work different people to be honest, i feel more comfrtable running straight off, others may not.

I agree with you about hydration being important though, i must say i dont 'drink the usual amount' after a run i usually have breakfast imideitly after a run and make sure hydrated with water and fruit juice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes run to Uni in the morning, depending on how far away you live its easier to stick to as you need to do it to get where you need to be. At Leicester we have showers on campus so I just take a change of clothes and shower when I get there.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julian_valensi)
    Well i think different things work different people to be honest, i feel more comfrtable running straight off, others may not.

I agree with you about hydration being important though, i must say i dont 'drink the usual amount' after a run i usually have breakfast imideitly after a run and make sure hydrated with water and fruit juice.
    I'm the same, I exercise better on an empty stomach/not eaten for a couple hours.

I have a quick run about 1-2 miles most mornings at 6am, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, make lunch and out of the door by 7.40 for work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find that when I go for a morning run I feel less lethargic during the day, have much better concentration, generally feel happier and fall asleep much more easily. I'd definitely recommend it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky to have a field behind me I can run. I actually drive somewhere else to run because I have Easter off. The terrain is harder to run on and bigger which makes me happier to run on the field behind me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i always plan to but it never happens
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Another Girly)
    i always plan to but it never happens
    Lol me too! I used to run every morning religiously for a whole year but I was anorexic then so that wasn't particularly healthy.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I started a couple weeks ago and I love it! Whenever I go I make sure I'm done before 8 because that's when the cars come and all the school kids come out
    I'm always so much more awake in the morning and have a lot more energy! I've also realised that it helps with my sleep schedule because now, in order to have the energy before, during and after the run I need my sleep so I force myself to get 7-8 hours a night! Before I started I wouldn't care if I had 5 hours of sleep!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ya I go on morning run.
    Morning walk and morning run is very good for fitness and controlling weight. It is very effective for controlling blood pressure and other diseases.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Morning walk is very beneficial for the health and when you do the walk the cool breeze for the lungs and health is good and it lowers the blood pressure and temples you fresh and active.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.