Sounds like heaven.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Why?
    because I need to gain weight, especially since summer is coming up
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you want to put on 40lbs of fat?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I wish I could trade places with you. I'm currently eating 1600 calories a day and going to the gym everyday trying desperately to lose weight in time for summer. :sad:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    because I need to gain weight, especially since summer is coming up
    You do know that about 95% of the 40 lbs you will put on will be fat, yes? No one looks good with 40 lbs of fat. If you wanted to get fit for summer then you should've started last summer. Bulking is a slow, delicate process if you want to look good while doing it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Attempt? A night at the pub is probably about 20,000 calories for me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Put what you eat on here every day? Would be cool to see how you consume that 8000 calories haha.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely you need (want) to gain 40lb of muscle and not pure fat?

Also why specifically 40lb for 5 weeks time?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP, if you really want to do it, then whole milk is probably one of your best bets. Four litres of that provides about 2560 calories and 130g of protein.

(Original post by crocker710)
    Surely you need (want) to gain 40lb of muscle and not pure fat?
    I really wish gaining 40lbs of muscle was easy. Although if it was then everyone would be walking about ripped out of their minds...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanR)
    I really wish gaining 40lbs of muscle was easy. Although if it was then everyone would be walking about ripped out of their minds...
    Haha you're telling me; I'm already 87kg with around 9%bf; trying to clean bulk. You can't imagine the amount of Nandos marinade I go through to keep up with the chicken.

I have to go to Costco to get 1Litre bottles (£7 which isn't half bad! :awesome:)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I have your liver when you're done?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha you're telling me; I'm already 87kg with around 9%bf; trying to clean bulk. You can't imagine the amount of Nandos marinade I go through to keep up with the chicken.

I have to go to Costco to get 1Litre bottles (£7 which isn't half bad! :awesome:)
    Jesus, pics of you? How tall are you? Single-digit bodyfat isn't easy to keep up at any weight.

I did GOMAD for a few of months and gained about 17 lbs with very minimal fat gains so I'm still lean as hell; I have always been skinny as hell though... Currently at about 156 lbs, hoping to hit about 180-190 lbs by the end of the year. I know my noob gains can't keep up forever!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanR)
    Jesus, pics of you? How tall are you? Single-digit bodyfat isn't easy to keep up at any weight.
    Going to do a blog of it starting tomorrow hopefully the summerbody starts here, I'll have pics up for that; I'm 6'3"
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to do a blog of it starting tomorrow hopefully the summerbody starts here, I'll have pics up for that; I'm 6'3"
    Nice. Send me a link when you do? About the same height as me. I lost a crapload of weight over Christmas when I was ill too, trying to break out of Auschwitzmode once and for all.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're trying to expand into a soft, doughy mass of flesh that your friends can use as a dinghy, I'm not sure how 40lbs of weight in 5 weeks is going to improve your summer.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccees)
    Put what you eat on here every day? Would be cool to see how you consume that 8000 calories haha.
    Michael Phelps consumes 12,000 calories a day and here is his diet

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 5, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.