Reply 140
Original post by RMW1994
As soon as you land? lol,you planning on flying there are you :tongue:

Hahaha who knows :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by RMW1994
Oooh amazing, american football,you a big fan?

Yeah , I've played for a few years :cool:
Reply 142
Original post by Tremmel Smith
Yeah , I've played for a few years :cool:

Ah cool,i'm a patriots fan!
Reply 143
Original post by Kwamzy94
Great minds think alike :wink:

I'll be seeing you in the gym then haha. I so wanna try American Football and Muay Thai (if my Course permits the time for it)
Original post by RMW1994
Ah cool,i'm a patriots fan!

Steelers for me lol :colondollar:
Reply 145
How did you guys apply for Self Catered at Endcliffe Site?

I'm currently on the accomodation application website and I'm 'forced' to put the option Endcliffe Site even in University Catered.

:frown:
Original post by jordan-s
I'm firming Sheffield for Computer Science and Mathematics! :smile:
Anyone else doing the same message me, i'd love to get to know some of my future classmates! :biggrin:

I'm gonna firm my Software Engineering so we'll share a department :biggrin:
Reply 147
Original post by millo92
How did you guys apply for Self Catered at Endcliffe Site?

I'm currently on the accomodation application website and I'm 'forced' to put the option Endcliffe Site even in University Catered.

:frown:

There should be like two sentences and then you can choose whether you put one or two by it? one saying university self catered and the other sentence says university catered from what I remember,You should be able to choose from the drop down list for the first sentence endcliffe, like there should be an options list of endcliffe,ranmoor and city or something and the second sentence is only endcliffe as an option. but just make sure you put the first sentence as number one and the other one as number two if that makes sense? I'm absolutely crap at explaining things but I dunno if that helps a bit?
Reply 148
Original post by RMW1994
There should be like two sentences and then you can choose whether you put one or two by it? one saying university self catered and the other sentence says university catered from what I remember,You should be able to choose from the drop down list for the first sentence endcliffe, like there should be an options list of endcliffe,ranmoor and city or something and the second sentence is only endcliffe as an option. but just make sure you put the first sentence as number one and the other one as number two if that makes sense? I'm absolutely crap at explaining things but I dunno if that helps a bit?

I THINK i get what you mean! That was what I was going to do but the fact that they still ask Endcliffe on University Catered (regardless of it being option 2) is quite scary :frown: I wanna make my own food, it would suck having to pay extra for catering on top of that..Thanks so much though! :smile:
Reply 149
Original post by millo92
I THINK i get what you mean! That was what I was going to do but the fact that they still ask Endcliffe on University Catered (regardless of it being option 2) is quite scary :frown: I wanna make my own food, it would suck having to pay extra for catering on top of that..Thanks so much though! :smile:

I know its really confusing,I had to get my mum to double check it for me lol. But its because endcliffe is the only self catered one I think. Ranmoor is all self-catered etc. But I doubt you'll end up in catered :smile: But you're welcome,just make sure you put the priority stuff all correct etc! :biggrin:
I emailed the sociology department and I've changed my course from Politics and Sociology to Social Policy and Sociology! :biggrin:
I've wanted to do it for a while, then on impulse did it and I'm really happy! Plus I now only need a C in Economics, I was (and still am) convinced I couldn't get a B which I needed previously :smile:
Original post by millo92

Don't worry there's not catered and self catered rooms, catered just means you get a card to buy meals in university restraunts. So you won't get catered unless you've specified you want it
Original post by RMW1994
Hey never fear, I'm sure there a black & ethnic society there you know,plus there's loads of black people in sheffield,well not loads but its not like every day you're gonna be like 'OMG OMG A BLACK PERSON'.. i was like that when i went blackpool haha.

Hahaha there are black people in sheffield(am one of them) just have to find them if you want them but yeah its culturly diverse
and quick question what is the gentleman society that EVERY guy is talking abouut?
Firmed! Anyone applied for accommodation yet? Do you get a choice of block?
Original post by Patchey1000
Firmed! Anyone applied for accommodation yet? Do you get a choice of block?

not block, but whether you want to be at Ranmoore, endcliffe or city.
Original post by .snowflake.
not block, but whether you want to be at Ranmoore, endcliffe or city.

Thanks, wanted to be as close to the bar as possible :-P
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but...

If you choose En-suite at Endcliffe, and then put your preference as location, you are virtually guaranteed to get your choice?

Because, if you put your preference as location, then they'll fit you into Endcliffe. http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective/undergraduates/room-types
That page says that Deluxe, En-suite and Shared rooms are available at Endcliffe. Deluxe and Shared are usually oversubscribed according to something I read here, therefore you'll get an en-suite?
Original post by adayandforever
Hahaha there are black people in sheffield(am one of them) just have to find them if you want them but yeah its culturly diverse
and quick question what is the gentleman society that EVERY guy is talking abouut?

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/get-involved/societies/gentlemens-society

Not quite sure, but it looks like fun. I might turn up during Freshers Week to see what it's like.
Firmed my offer for English lit and applied for self-catered at Endcliffe :biggrin: Now I just need to get the grades!
Original post by okthefolkie
http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/get-involved/societies/gentlemens-society

Not quite sure, but it looks like fun. I might turn up during Freshers Week to see what it's like.

that sounds cool Not going to lie.

O_o. OMG They...there's.. Sheff doesn't have a chemistry society...What is this madness.
They do however have a knitting society, which makes up for this a tiny bit.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending