The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avhhs
:hugs: You've still got us :smile:. She went camping or something didn't she?

Thanks :hugs: She went to a caravan, due back tomorrow afternoon though :smile:
Just realised how pathetic it is to feel lonely when somebody you speak to via a forum goes away from one day. :rolleyes:
Original post by avhhs
Lol that would be funny if I forget it :biggrin: (and frustrating too :tongue:). :hugs: Thinking of some people in my school is guaranteed to ruin my mood, especially my best friend and seeing how busy she always is (who I haven't spoken to at all since leaving school on Friday). She really does get me jealous :frown:.

That's really good to hear. Just be careful with what you do - I want your mood to stay good :smile:. Not really up to much tonight. Really bored. I was about to start some homework but then that thing with my mum happened, which completely put me off (and I had distracted myself just before with the computer :colondollar:)

:hugs:

Yes I don't think you would find it very funny if you forgot it! whens your meeting with then social worker then hun?

I know how you feel, when I am back home I don't see my bf much because we don't really live close and whenever I see him on facebook doing stuff I always get really jealous and down :frown: its difficult! Sorry you don't get to speak to her or see her much hun, it is ****!

But yer I would love my positive mood to last, but it never does at university, it is always properly all over the place when I am here. One minute I am really happy and the next I am a complete mess and it is harder work at uni because my housemates are always around to see me fall apart!

You should stop being distracted by the internet if you are trying to do work though hun :tongue: go offline! :hugs:
Reply 6502
Original post by Phoenix07
Yes I don't think you would find it very funny if you forgot it! whens your meeting with then social worker then hun?

I know how you feel, when I am back home I don't see my bf much because we don't really live close and whenever I see him on facebook doing stuff I always get really jealous and down :frown: its difficult! Sorry you don't get to speak to her or see her much hun, it is ****!

But yer I would love my positive mood to last, but it never does at university, it is always properly all over the place when I am here. One minute I am really happy and the next I am a complete mess and it is harder work at uni because my housemates are always around to see me fall apart!

You should stop being distracted by the internet if you are trying to do work though hun :tongue: go offline! :hugs:

:tongue: It is at 1:30pm.

:console: That sounds bad. Sand thing happens to me looking at what other people have been up to. Another problem in our friendship that I found out only on Friday was that her boyfriend doesn't want her to be speaking to me at all, because he thinks that she is cheating on him and keeps teasing me. Therefore me and her can't go our anywhere together because one of her friends might see and tell her boyfriend.

Sounds very similar to me. I'm convinced my family doesn't want me. I just want to somehow get away from them.

I was originally trying to not touch the computer. But I needed to print something and this got me distracted :tongue:.

I think I might fall asleep soon. :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
:tongue: It is at 1:30pm.

:console: That sounds bad. Sand thing happens to me looking at what other people have been up to. Another problem in our friendship that I found out only on Friday was that her boyfriend doesn't want her to be speaking to me at all, because he thinks that she is cheating on him and keeps teasing me. Therefore me and her can't go our anywhere together because one of her friends might see and tell her boyfriend.

Sounds very similar to me. I'm convinced my family doesn't want me. I just want to somehow get away from them.

I was originally trying to not touch the computer. But I needed to print something and this got me distracted :tongue:.

I think I might fall asleep soon. :hugs:

I am really sorry that her bf is being so **** about it all, that is a really horrible situation to be in!

I constantly get distracted by this and facebook when I am meant to be doing work though, I swear this is the reason I am getting no work done :tongue:

Well goodluck with the meeting tomorrow huni :smile: Hope it goes alright and you manage to say what you want to say!

I am going to fall asleep soon to, absolutely knackered but the house feels so empty so feeling all paranoid again! grrrrr it is just annoying!

Hope you're ok huni :hugs:
Reply 6504
I am really sorry that her bf is being so **** about it all, that is a really horrible situation to be in!

I constantly get distracted by this and facebook when I am meant to be doing work though, I swear this is the reason I am getting no work done :tongue:

Well goodluck with the meeting tomorrow huni :smile: Hope it goes alright and you manage to say what you want to say!

I am going to fall asleep soon to, absolutely knackered but the house feels so empty so feeling all paranoid again! grrrrr it is just annoying!

Hope you're ok huni :hugs:

:hugs: It's OK. She is taking a pretty big risk though, by still talking to me. I think she said that he was OK with us talking in school though :smile:. Although I suppose that is almost inevitable really (although a girl in my class has refused to come near me since year 7 after something happened).

I'm so sorry if I keep distracting you :colondollar:.

:hugs: Where is everyone else, if you don't mind me asking?

Reply 6505
My mother is being difficult (on purpose) about my low carb lifestyle, even though I lied to her and told her my GP had recommended it because I didn't feel like explaining the science behind it to somebody who has as much world-awareness as a dead housefly.

Consequently I've had carbs for dinner so can't sleep and currently feel extremely ratty as a result of my carb crash. I'm one iota of self control away from smashing my phone into a thousand pieces for putting fullstops and spelling errors where I don't ****ing want them.

If this brings the depression back she'll be the one bearing the brunt. No more ****ing pasta and potatoes, or I'm going back to uni tomorrow.
My school dance teacher died sometime recently (been told today, I think it was over the weekend). She was and will always be one of the best memories I had of that god damn school. I took GCSE dance purely because of how fun she made it and how enthusiastic she was - it makes me sad that girls won't have her there any more. Besides a great dance teacher, she was also a fantastic mentor and I remember her sorting out disputes with ease and sensitivity. If you had a personal problem, she's the one you went to. She was diagnosed with cancer just before I left the school but it appears it was complications with of surgery on a broken hip that got her (I don't know full details, just hearsay). Very very sad.
Original post by Nut.
My mother is being difficult (on purpose) about my low carb lifestyle, even though I lied to her and told her my GP had recommended it because I didn't feel like explaining the science behind it to somebody who has as much world-awareness as a dead housefly.

Consequently I've had carbs for dinner so can't sleep and currently feel extremely ratty as a result of my carb crash. I'm one iota of self control away from smashing my phone into a thousand pieces for putting fullstops and spelling errors where I don't ****ing want them.

If this brings the depression back she'll be the one bearing the brunt. No more ****ing pasta and potatoes, or I'm going back to uni tomorrow.

Are you sure she's not just concerned about how you're eating? Not that forcing you to eat foods that make you feel unsafe is a good way of going about things..

If you want company though, my brain seems to have forgotten the meaning of getting off to sleep :tongue:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
My school dance teacher died sometime recently (been told today, I think it was over the weekend). She was and will always be one of the best memories I had of that god damn school. I took GCSE dance purely because of how fun she made it and how enthusiastic she was - it makes me sad that girls won't have her there any more. Besides a great dance teacher, she was also a fantastic mentor and I remember her sorting out disputes with ease and sensitivity. If you had a personal problem, she's the one you went to. She was diagnosed with cancer just before I left the school but it appears it was complications with of surgery on a broken hip that got her (I don't know full details, just hearsay). Very very sad.

That really, really sucks :hugs:

Are you able to let her family know of your memories of her? Seems to me it might mean a lot to them to hear how much she meant to her pupils.
Reply 6508
Original post by kiss_me_now9

RIP :hugs: :cry2:
Original post by avhhs
:hugs: It's OK. She is taking a pretty big risk though, by still talking to me. I think she said that he was OK with us talking in school though :smile:. Although I suppose that is almost inevitable really (although a girl in my class has refused to come near me since year 7 after something happened).

I'm so sorry if I keep distracting you :colondollar:.

:hugs: Where is everyone else, if you don't mind me asking?

Well you two must be good friends then if she is willing to keep talking to you even if it could cause problems with her bf!

But haha no worries I always get distracted by everything when I am meant to be doing work!

No one else has moved back to the house yet because it is still the easter holidays, but I have loads of work to do and don't do much work at home so moved back here early!

How you feeling this morning then huni? :hugs:
Reply 6510
Well you two must be good friends then if she is willing to keep talking to you even if it could cause problems with her bf!

But haha no worries I always get distracted by everything when I am meant to be doing work!

No one else has moved back to the house yet because it is still the easter holidays, but I have loads of work to do and don't do much work at home so moved back here early!

How you feeling this morning then huni? :hugs:

Yeah we are. She often tells me stuff about what she and her boyfriend do, and I can trust her with my secrets.

:hugs: Same as me :tongue:

That was a good idea to get yourself away from distractions. But don't waste time and make it useless! :tongue:

How I'm feeling:
In really not in a good mood. Just can't stop thinking about how everyone else's life is better than mine. Especially my best friend. Why can't I just be normal and have a social life? Why can everyone else find a job so easily? I really want to get away from my parents and live alone, but how am I going to pay the rent and everything? I'm stuck here with no way out.

Original post by avhhs
Yeah we are. She often tells me stuff about what she and her boyfriend do, and I can trust her with my secrets.

:hugs: Same as me :tongue:

That was a good idea to get yourself away from distractions. But don't waste time and make it useless! :tongue:

How I'm feeling:
In really not in a good mood. Just can't stop thinking about how everyone else's life is better than mine. Especially my best friend. Why can't I just be normal and have a social life? Why can everyone else find a job so easily? I really want to get away from my parents and live alone, but how am I going to pay the rent and everything? I'm stuck here with no way out.

Yer I do miss having that, don't really have people that I can talk to about stuff now! I mean I have my bf but I can't really talk to him about stuff to do with him, but don't have friends who I can talk to about stuff anymore :frown:

Haha no no I will try and do some work :tongue: although back with the PS3 now so no doubt will spend a lot of time playing that! Although bf3 has a massive patch to download and our internet is rubbish so might not be able to play on that for a while :redface: sorry bigger things to worry about then the ps3 but still :colondollar:

But yer I know what you mean I spend my life thinking about how much more fun and everything other people have! I hate being stuck in doing nothing all the time. And I feel the same about the job thing its really **** I just want to get a job and stuff! But I am going to have to move back home after I finish university because I won't have enough money to live anywhere else :frown: but you'll be able to move out when you go to university, so you just have to try and keep focusing on that! :hugs:
Reply 6512
Yer I do miss having that, don't really have people that I can talk to about stuff now! I mean I have my bf but I can't really talk to him about stuff to do with him, but don't have friends who I can talk to about stuff anymore :frown:

Haha no no I will try and do some work :tongue: although back with the PS3 now so no doubt will spend a lot of time playing that! Although bf3 has a massive patch to download and our internet is rubbish so might not be able to play on that for a while :redface: sorry bigger things to worry about then the ps3 but still :colondollar:

But yer I know what you mean I spend my life thinking about how much more fun and everything other people have! I hate being stuck in doing nothing all the time. And I feel the same about the job thing its really **** I just want to get a job and stuff! But I am going to have to move back home after I finish university because I won't have enough money to live anywhere else :frown: but you'll be able to move out when you go to university, so you just have to try and keep focusing on that! :hugs:

:console:

Lol don't worry. I just spend time on here or I go out somewhere :tongue:, but I don't do homework. I don't understand how everyone else can concentrate so easily on it but not me. :frown:

I know I should just think about what will happen when I do move out for university, but it seems so far away. Then I hear other people talking about what they did at work, and how much they earn. They are all from well-off families, unlike me. But it doesn't sound good that you have to move back. Would I be right in saying that you don't want to? :hugs: I can't stand my family.

Now I have to get ready for the meeting with the social worker. :hugs:
Personality disorder assessment today. Never wanted to fail an exam before :colone:
Went to the doctors again - been signed off for another 2 weeks. Doctor did congratulate me on how far I'd come in the last two weeks though :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Personality disorder assessment today. Never wanted to fail an exam before :colone:

If I want you to fail the assessment, does that mean I wish you bad luck? :tongue: Whatever, I hope that they don't give you the PD diagnosis.
Original post by bullettheory
If I want you to fail the assessment, does that mean I wish you bad luck? :tongue: Whatever, I hope that they don't give you the PD diagnosis.

I need all the bad luck I can get :P
*throws my luck your way*

I'll happily dump my bad luck onto you :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
:console:

Lol don't worry. I just spend time on here or I go out somewhere :tongue:, but I don't do homework. I don't understand how everyone else can concentrate so easily on it but not me. :frown:

I know I should just think about what will happen when I do move out for university, but it seems so far away. Then I hear other people talking about what they did at work, and how much they earn. They are all from well-off families, unlike me. But it doesn't sound good that you have to move back. Would I be right in saying that you don't want to? :hugs: I can't stand my family.

Now I have to get ready for the meeting with the social worker. :hugs:

Nah I don't understand how people concentrate on work so much, I have real difficulties with it :frown: specially in lectures and stuff I just don't know how to keep my attention in the room!

I know it seems far away now but it'll come around in no time at all! It is always difficult listening to everyone else talk about how much money they have and stuff but you've just got to try and ignore it really! Theres more to life then money :smile:

But nah it will be difficult going from being independent and living away to having to live at home again :/ worried about it and what it'll do to me but not got much choice really have I! I would love to spend more time with my little sister but it'll be really hard work :frown:

But goodluck with the meeting today hun, hope it all goes alright :hugs:

Latest