Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What do we think guys, Goldsmiths or Falmouth?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok so the application process is over and i got 3 places, Wimbledon, Goldsmiths and Falmouth. Im ruling out Wimbledon as i don't like there halls situation but i can't really chose between the other two. I would say my heart is in the idea of chill in by the beech in falmouth for 3 years but then my head is with the far greater career prospects at goldsmiths.

Pros for falmouth.
    beautiful
    relaxed
    cheep
    my kind of social experience.

cons for falmouth.

course not as good
    worse links
    don't like the halls

pros for goldsmiths.
    exciting and vibrant
    love the look of the halls
    an amaising course
    great links
    london art galleries act.

Cons for Goldsmiths.

I will probably die out off stress
    i won't be in as good a mental state to make work
    more expensive

So if any of you guys had the same dilemma or have any ideas, i would love some help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that the course and opportunities available should probably take priority in this situation. From what I've heard, the social experience at university will always be what you make of it, wherever you are.

Location wise, I have to admit I'm a teeny bit biased; I'll be a London art student come September. I'm suited to relaxed atmospheres too, but there's so much at your doorstep in London. It is more expensive, but you're getting a lot more for your money- especially if the course is right. London is arguably one of the best places to be in the world with regards to the creative industries.

Both are great universities though, and if you put the work in, you'll probably do fine at either.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.