The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Anyone going to Derby uni in september 2012?

Hi, my name is Laura and I have recently accepted my place at derby uni! Would love to know opinions of the uni and to know of others who are going :smile:!

Scroll to see replies

I will be finished by september but i'm finishing my degree there and live in derby so if you got any questions ask :smile:

Its lovely and my lecturers and supervisor are awesome :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
oh its brilliant to here positive comments! :smile: what did you study? in the first year how much time would you say you spent in lectures per week?
Iv accepted my place and booked accommodation :biggrin: I'm studying law and I loved the university on my open day and I saw the halls that I'm staying in and was impressed with it! What are you studying?
Original post by lhutton22
oh its brilliant to here positive comments! :smile: what did you study? in the first year how much time would you say you spent in lectures per week?

Biology :smile:

Lectures per week for biology i cant remember from the first year but it decreased now as I have 2 taught/did one work placement module and got my IS for this semester. Last semester I had 3 taught for the whole semster with lectures on IS and whilst trying to complete the IS.

Yrs 1/2 had 4 taught each semester. Plus lab time and working at home/independent work. Each module for me was 3hrs each. Some may be more/less in other courses.

If you want some more questions answering give us a PM :smile: id be happy to answer any if you more questions.
Reply 5
I will be studying networks and security. I can't wait to start!

I have got a room in Peak Court. All of the En Suite rooms in Sir Peter Hilton are already booked. :s-smilie:

Is there plenty of part time employment there?
Reply 6
Original post by JessChappers01
Iv accepted my place and booked accommodation :biggrin: I'm studying law and I loved the university on my open day and I saw the halls that I'm staying in and was impressed with it! What are you studying?

Hey!

Im just finishing off my first year of law at derby. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask :smile: and what halls are you staying in?
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
And also if anyone's looking for a place there's a nice double room for £67 per week. 2 guys and one girl, they're all very sweet. The place is on Arnold street, not too far from uni or town. PM me if interested :smile: xxx
Reply 8
I'm (hopefully) going to Derby to do English :smile: staying in Princess Alice Court x
Reply 9
hi, im going to Derby Buxton campus in September! Events Management course! :biggrin:
I'm just waiting on my official offer but I was told what it would be at my interview yesterday, hopefully going to be studying journalism there :smile:
Reply 11
I've accepted an offer to do Occupational Therapy! I'm a (slightly) mature student, will be 23 when it starts, and it will be my second degree, so I will be living with my other half in Nottingham and commuting to uni every day. I'm really excited to start such an interesting degree!!
Reply 12
Ive been offered a place by the uni but Im not sure how much I want to go there! When at the open day I didn't feel like I got a proper impression of the uni spin still a bit confused :s
Reply 13
Original post by avril93x
Ive been offered a place by the uni but Im not sure how much I want to go there! When at the open day I didn't feel like I got a proper impression of the uni spin still a bit confused :s

Go to a few open days at different unis - even if you wouldn't / can't go to them it'll help you form opinions... just one open day on it's own is confusing :smile:
Reply 14
I've got a conditional offer to study graphic design :smile: I think I'm going to the open day a week on saturday to get an idea of where to apply for for the accommodation and , I was a little worried about the apparent lack of en-suite rooms though :/
Reply 15
I wouldn't worry. I wanted an en-suite really bad but you'll probably have to share a bathroom next year anyway if you move into a house with people
Original post by tessap
I've accepted an offer to do Occupational Therapy! I'm a (slightly) mature student, will be 23 when it starts, and it will be my second degree, so I will be living with my other half in Nottingham and commuting to uni every day. I'm really excited to start such an interesting degree!!

Oh my! I don't think I could handle all that traveling back and forth all the time. I'm gonna be studying Fine Art as a almost mature student too. :tongue: I'm moving over to Derby and dragging my boy with me.
Reply 17
Original post by HappilySuicidal
Oh my! I don't think I could handle all that traveling back and forth all the time. I'm gonna be studying Fine Art as a almost mature student too. :tongue: I'm moving over to Derby and dragging my boy with me.

Its only a 30 min drive, and I'll be on placement for roughly 10 weeks of the year anyway! And they can be anywhere in the area. Wish September would come sooner, just want to start the course now!
hey, my names grace i accepted my place too at derby
ill be studying commercial photography there :smile:
Hey I'm jess Iv accepted my place and I'm doing law :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest