The Student Room Group

'period stain' effect shorts - fashionable?

Poll

Would you wear them?

Just :lolwut: WTF . . .

Honestly who would wear shorts that (with a bit of imagination) look as if someone had a major period leakage? How can they be deemed as fashionable when women/girls do leak it's majorly embarassing.

I saw a pair in a catalogue the other day that were brown and pink and a thread earlier today reminded me of them!

I don't wear shorts that short but even if I did, I wouldn't wear ones with a pattern like this. On the plus side, if you are 'on' then if you do leak, noone would notice.

I think they'd look quite nice in other colours or even with the pink on top, but how they are just looks aweful.

I'm talking about shorts like this; (The ones I first saw in the catalogue were a darker pink/red so looked more bloody)

pink and blue shorts.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh wow, they really are hideous! I wouldn't say the look as bad as period stained shorts, however they do look as if they've been washed in a random mix of red clothes.
Reply 2
Could be worse, I was expecting them to be dark red when I saw the thread title.
Reply 3
Original post by syrettd
Could be worse, I was expecting them to be dark red when I saw the thread title.

The one's I first saw in the catalogue were a sandy brown colour ontop and a darker pink/red on the bottom but I couldn't find a pic of them on the net :frown:
I came into this thread expecting to see real stained shorts...

What is wrong with me? :eek: :afraid:

It is probably the revision that is making me insane :mad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
I came into this thread expecting to see real stained shorts...

What is wrong with me? :eek:

:rofl:

yeah thats why I put 'period stain' in ' ' although I have changed the title now.

Spoiler

Reply 6
it's the name that made me vote no....
Reply 7
Original post by Chich1994
it's the name that made me vote no....

It probably counts as tie-dye, but with the pink on the bottom it looks like a period accident.
Original post by Clare~Bear
Just :lolwut: WTF . . .

Honestly who would wear shorts that looks as if someone had a major period leakage? How can they be deemed as fashionable when women/girls do leak it's majorly embarassing.

I saw a pair in a catalogue the other day that were brown and pink and a thread earlier today reminded me of them!

I don't wear shorts that short but even if I did, I wouldn't wear ones with a pattern like this. On the plus side, if you are 'on' then if you do leak, noone would notice.

I think they'd look quite nice in other colours or even with the pink on top, but how they are just looks aweful.

I'm talking about shorts like this; (The ones I first saw in the catalogue were a darker pink/red so looked more bloody)

pink and blue shorts.jpg

I'm sorry but if your period is doing that, you might want to go to the doctors...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I never said that I had a leakage that was that bad over shorts. Although when it's irregular and you don't know it's coming, it can look that bad over PJs :colondollar: that's why i'm on the pill now.
Reply 10
That's one weird period stain :P
Hmm, they're not really period stained shorts, more a tie-dye fail imo.
i actually really like them. first time i wore them i did get a comment of a guy relating to leakage :L
erm.. they dont look period stained :K: ..even if the colour was darker red..

seriously, how likely is it that anyone would leak so evenly around the circumference of each leg?

..but if they were longer and the blood colour was more realistic then i would wear them :pierre:
Original post by Popppppy
I'm sorry but if your period is doing that, you might want to go to the doctors...

This was my fist thought...
Still not a fan of the shorts though.
Reply 15
Original post by memomemootoo
erm.. they dont look period stained :K: ..even if the colour was darker red..

seriously, how likely is it that anyone would leak so evenly around the circumference of each leg?

..but if they were longer and the blood colour was more realistic then I would wear them :pierre:

Ok you have to use your imagination a bit with the shape of the pink.

Just :lolwut: you would wear them if they looked more like a period accident?
Reply 16
Original post by Popppppy

Original post by NaturalAndReal
This was my fist thought...

Well sorry if some of us are cursed with heavy periods. When I didn't know when it was coming, my PJs sometimes looked worse than these shorts. I have gone to the doctors and I've got the pill now.
Ok you have to use your imagination a bit with the shape of the pink.

Just :lolwut: you would wear them if they looked more like a period accident?

i didnt specifically say that i would want them to look like a period accident.. i was thinking more along the lines of shorts that make me look like ive just ran through a field of bloody massacred bodies :awesome:
Well sorry if some of us are cursed with heavy periods. When I didn't know when it was coming, my PJs sometimes looked worse than these shorts. I have gone to the doctors and I've got the pill now.

Stop typing! :redface:
Reply 19
Original post by truthandtragedy
Stop typing! :redface:

It's my thread, you chose to comment on it.

Quick Reply

Latest