The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by icfan
At last! M.Sc. cognitive neuroscience offer :tongue:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In which department is that????
Reply 721
Original post by icfan
At last! M.Sc. cognitive neuroscience offer :tongue:

Yay! Congratulations! See you there in September. :smile:
Reply 722
Original post by cmk
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In which department is that????

The programme is offered by the department of psychology etc

Original post by ClaireyG
Yay! Congratulations! See you there in September. :smile:

see ya there! :wink:
Reply 723
conditional offer from msc economics today.. applied 8th of february...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 724
Original post by smush61
conditional offer from msc economics today.. applied 8th of february...

congrats! same thing by portico then by email?
Reply 725
Original post by jansenkoh
congrats! same thing by portico then by email?

yes exactly same way.. yesterday afternoon, my portico status changed to (currently being processed by admission) and after a while I got email that gave me a new my portico have been updated and this time I saw my condt. offer..
Hi,

Has anyone here applied for the MSc in Global Health and Development at UCL? I am currently writing my personal statement for it, and would love to hear from people who have already done the course or are in the process of applying for the course? :smile:
Reply 727
Hi all,

I received what appears to be an unofficial offer on the 22nd of March via email, but as of yet the status of my application on portico remains 'application complete.'

I was wondering whether the Registry could still reject my application and approximately when I should receive a final response?
Reply 728
UCL hasn't replied as yet! i had applied in the 1st week of feb
How strict are UK unis regarding conditional offers?

I've been sent a conditional offer by UCL but it seems pretty impossible that I obtain the grades they ask me :frown:
Reply 730
Original post by peliqueiro
How strict are UK unis regarding conditional offers?

I've been sent a conditional offer by UCL but it seems pretty impossible that I obtain the grades they ask me :frown:

which dept?
The Bartlett, Architecture
Reply 732
Not sure about architecture..but other depts there are cases they made exceptions before..
Original post by jansenkoh
Not sure about architecture..but other depts there are cases they made exceptions before..

The thing is they ask me for certain overall mark in my degree, but as I am a final year student most of this overall mark is determined by previous years marks. In fact even getting the highest marks this year I wouldn't be able to meet their condition :frown:
Reply 734
Original post by melissa38
Thanks for your answer! I'm actually more stressed about my travelling to London in three weeks than by the interview itself. Though I'm actually kind of wondering what sort of questions they ask. I'm guessing they asked you about your career goals and things like that?

Hopefully you haven't gone yet, but yes, it's pretty simple. They also ask what you see for the future of publishing. If you have gone, how was it? :smile:
."Ahhhh I just saw that my application is now "under review." And from what I've heard from people it takes one day to hear an answer after this happens? I'm so nervous!
Original post by ellemay816
."Ahhhh I just saw that my application is now "under review." And from what I've heard from people it takes one day to hear an answer after this happens? I'm so nervous!

Me toooooo!
Original post by janjanmmm
Me toooooo!

oh man finally! GOOD LUCK TO YOU! ahhh so nervous!!!!!
Reply 738
Original post by janjanmmm
Me toooooo!

Me too! Mine shows currently being processed by admissions! Super nervous!
Hi Guys!
I thought I would let those of you who are anxiously awaiting emails or status changes on portico know that on Thursday the 28th after almost 5 weeks of agonizing silence on both fronts I rang the admissions dept to ask them about information concerning my application and I was told that an unconditional offer had been made and that the offer letter was sent in the post the day before. This took me by surprise as my status on portico had been 'being processed by admissions' since the Monday and yet contrary to some of the people here who received responses within 1-2 days of that status change I had still not received any response. So basically if you're still waiting and haven't had any updates for a while particularly if you're status is 'being processed by admissions' then my best advice is to simply ring the admissions dept, as nerve wrecking as I know that may be because my status only eventually changed on Sunday almost a week after the intial status change. I also haven’t received any e-mails since my second reference was submitted back in Feb.
Good luck to you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending