The Student Room Group

I like girls a tiny bit taller than me, Will I find it hard to get a girlfriend?

I am male and 5'10, For some reason (I know its strange) I like girls that are like 5'11-6'0. Will I find it it difficult to get a girlfriend being like this?

I bet it must work in reverse (although its probably quite rare) that a girl would prefer a guy to be a bit shorter.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We don't know, are you finding it hard?
Reply 2
We don't always get what we like so whether you will find it hard to get a gf or not depends on a lot of different things.

Getting a girl with your desired height? Since there are still many women around 5'11 height there's a good chance. (Again depends on a range of other things too).
Reply 3
just wondering, why do you prefer them taller?
Reply 4
Or just find a girl a bit shorter who wears heels all the time?
Original post by Yoj1mbo
I am male and 5'10, For some reason (I know its strange) I like girls that are like 5'11-6'0. Will I find it it difficult to get a girlfriend being like this?

I bet it must work in reverse (although its probably quite rare) that a girl would prefer a guy to be a bit shorter.

I wrote in your anon thread

:rofl:

I know you are taking the piss out of my thread :rolleyes:

But when you like someone height doesn't come in to it :love:
Reply 6
Buddy you got it all wrong! I went out with someone who was roughly the same height, and 69ing was pretty tough. It'd be almost impossible if they were taller than you!
Go for the shorties!
Reply 7
Original post by Mirey
Buddy you got it all wrong! I went out with someone who was roughly the same height, and 69ing was pretty tough. It'd be almost impossible if they were taller than you!
Go for the shorties!

Lol what?
Reply 8
Original post by Mirey
Go for the shorties!

Surely in either situation one person will be taller than the other? If it works in your 'short girls' situation then why won't it work in the 'short guys' situation?
Reply 9
Original post by Andy16
Surely in either situation one person will be taller than the other? If it works in your 'short girls' situation then why won't it work in the 'short guys' situation?

The pussy will be harder to reach, at least a short girl has the luxury of a gigantic cock sticking out which make it easier for her to reach it.
Reply 10
Original post by Yoj1mbo

It's funny but most of really tall girls(that I known, and PLEASE use SI, we are in XXI century, and even american professors agree) (that >180 cm) have "lower" boyfriends.

But You must really be funny, intelligent, smart, etc. I as a tall guy(but many of my friends are taller than I - >185 cm) usually attract many "lower" girls, and taller too sometimes.

Most of tall girls really are annoyed that they are tall, and "cannot wear heels, find taller boyfriend etc.", and worst You can do is starting a conversation with "oh, hey, You are really tall, aren't You?"(they hear this always).

If You really find a taller girl You want, as a low guy have much more problems. But nobody says seducing Your ideal girl is an "easy job"... And You must attract and work on it all-time.
Reply 11
Original post by nrepeb
It's funny but most of really tall girls(that I known, and PLEASE use SI, we are in XXI century, and even american professors agree) (that >180 cm) have "lower" boyfriends.

But You must really be funny, intelligent, smart, etc. I as a tall guy(but many of my friends are taller than I - >185 cm) usually attract many "lower" girls, and taller too sometimes.

Most of tall girls really are annoyed that they are tall, and "cannot wear heels, find taller boyfriend etc.", and worst You can do is starting a conversation with "oh, hey, You are really tall, aren't You?"(they hear this always).

If You really find a taller girl You want, as a low guy have much more problems. But nobody says seducing Your ideal girl is an "easy job"... And You must attract and work on it all-time.

The majority of people in this country use imperial measurements for height, lengths, distances, etc. People are more likely to know what you're talking about when you say 5'11 instead of 182cm; in this country at least.
Original post by nrepeb

Im 5ft 11 and the first thing any male says to me when im on a night out is 'wow your tall for a girl' as if i havent noticed im nearly a foot taller than all my female friends, yes i bloody hate being this tall and wish i was shorter but apart from chopping my legs off i cant fix it!
I'm quite small (about 5' 4) so most guys are taller than me anyway.. but if that wasn't true it probably wouldnt matter
Although I do like my boyfriend being taller, it makes him seem more protective :smile:

Theres loads of tall girls though! They tend to go for smaller boyfriends so you do have a pretty good chance at finding someone
Reply 14
Original post by jam277
The pussy will be harder to reach, at least a short girl has the luxury of a gigantic cock sticking out which make it easier for her to reach it.

Looooool!
From a purely statistical perspective, most women are under 5'10'' so obviously you'll find it harder in that sense. When it comes to those women who are actually over 5'10'', the chances are that they'll prefer a man taller than themselves, as most women do, but of course there are some women who will prefer shorter men and even those who don't often don't have too strong a preference for taller men. Some women rate height as an absolute priority but in my experience they're not in the majority. I'm about 5'8'' and most of the women I've dated have been my height or slightly taller.
Reply 16
Original post by SillyMilly
Im 5ft 11 and the first thing any male says to me when im on a night out is 'wow your tall for a girl' as if i havent noticed im nearly a foot taller than all my female friends, yes i bloody hate being this tall and wish i was shorter but apart from chopping my legs off i cant fix it!

You didn't meet me :-), but don't be afraid - as I known some taller girls, and see this in other way - many of guys really like tall girls, which give You a wide range of possible boyfriends.

@Jaidenh We won't say him a word, because his world may fall ;-).

@Chumbaniya On some uni, they did a test, They asked ~100-200(I don't remember) female students: "What is the "man" similar word?"(or how You can describe male).

There were only about 3-4 different answers - one was "dog" ;-), one was "friend", and I don't remember third, four ;-). Rest answered "tall" :-) .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nrepeb

It's quite interesting that you pick on his chosen measurement system and yet haven't mastered use of the rather more straightforward qualitative aspects of height description: namely the use of the word "shorter" rather than "lower".
Been hanging out with X a lot huh? i saw your pictures and I gotta say it dude, you do not look good with her. She's far too good for your kind. I can never get over the idea that she's with a punk like you. You're the party animal kinda guy and X never into into guys like you that's why I was appalled when she said she's going out with someone like you. X not just a beautiful face and body, she;s got the most unique and distinctive personality I have ever known and up to this day, I find it hard to find all the girls I'm dating. If you're in it for the play, dude, you gotta drop it, she doesn't deserve to be played with. if you know her as much I've known her, you'd ralize that she's an amazing girl, I love how she brings happiness to people around her, she's especially kind and caring to others and I will not let you hurt her!! Man to man, I am telling you to stop playing her, dude there's so many girls out there that you can toy with, but not X, you can't do that to her. Seriously dude, leave her alone!!
Reply 19
Original post by nrepeb

Original post by Chumbaniya
From a purely statistical perspective, most women are under 5'10'' so obviously you'll find it harder in that sense. When it comes to those women who are actually over 5'10'', the chances are that they'll prefer a man taller than themselves, as most women do, but of course there are some women who will prefer shorter men and even those who don't often don't have too strong a preference for taller men. Some women rate height as an absolute priority but in my experience they're not in the majority. I'm about 5'8'' and most of the women I've dated have been my height or slightly taller.

*Nod nod*
I'm just over 5'10 and I'd prefer to date someone who is at least my height.
But I do find many tall guys date girls HALF their height *grumbles*
But...in the end it all comes down to personality.

Quick Reply

Latest