The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by freezingsaphire
Hi all, just a few questions. I firmed UCL a few days back and they said my UCL userid isnt ready but I could access the accomodation application with my email? Do I have to wait for my userid before applying for accomodation?

Also, Im thinking of applying for intercollegiate at connaught and garden halls. I know im supposed to be allowed to put my preference which halls i want if i select intercollegiate but i cant do that on the website? Thanks all!

If you select Intercollegiate, you are able to choose a few options (i think 3-4).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
How much is accomodation in the second and third years ?
Reply 6242
Original post by Moiraclaire
How much is accomodation in the second and third years ?

depends what you want and where you live. There's something for every budget.
Original post by PJ991
depends what you want and where you live. There's something for every budget.

would I be able to live on £230 a week ? (food+travel+rent)
You know when you uploaded the passport standard photo onto the application form, did it appear up on there? Mine had the same blank background but just said that the photo was uploaded.
Original post by Dinothunder
You know when you uploaded the passport standard photo onto the application form, did it appear up on there? Mine had the same blank background but just said that the photo was uploaded.

No.
Reply 6246
Original post by Moiraclaire
would I be able to live on £230 a week ? (food+travel+rent)

depending on where you live you might not need travel, so that would save £13.10 for the bus each week (or however much the tube pass is £19 maybe)

but i would say that's doable. I pay about £150 a week for rent, but I know people paying as little as £90 and some much more than I do. Then bills, my last quarterly bill was £110 for the coldest months of the year.
Reply 6247
Im applying for accomodation, it says the move in date is 22/9/2012. My course start date is 24/9/2012
Just wondering about freshers weekd cause isn't it a week before the course and yet we only move in on 22nd sept :/
Reply 6248
Original post by jayy1994
Im applying for accomodation, it says the move in date is 22/9/2012. My course start date is 24/9/2012
Just wondering about freshers weekd cause isn't it a week before the course and yet we only move in on 22nd sept :/

Real teaching starts the week after if I remember correctly. That first week will have stuff like course introductions, library tours, meet your mentor, course parties, all that sort of stuff.
Reply 6249
Original post by PJ991
Real teaching starts the week after if I remember correctly. That first week will have stuff like course introductions, library tours, meet your mentor, course parties, all that sort of stuff.

oh ok so shall i just leave the date as it is (22/09/2012) for the moving in date when applying for accommodation?
Reply 6250
oh ok so shall i just leave the date as it is (22/09/2012) for the moving in date when applying for accommodation?

not sure if serious.

yes. unless you want to go early and pay for it for whatever reason. it'll just be you and international students there early.
Reply 6251
Original post by PJ991
not sure if serious.

yes. unless you want to go early and pay for it for whatever reason. it'll just be you and international students there early.

ahhh i see! in that case i shall leave it as it is :smile: thanks
Reply 6252
for the picture, can we be smiling? :colondollar:
Reply 6253
What's the atmosphere at Connaught Hall like? It looks quite small so I was wondering if it was quieter than the other halls? Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 6254
what's college hall like? anyone living there at the moment?
Does anyone know how to upload the picture? I have a picture from a passport photo booth, but I don't know how to get it on the computer, do you have to scan it on?
Reply 6256
you don't get a choice. you just put your preferences down.
Reply 6257
Original post by Heroesorghosts
If that was directed at me then yes I understand you don't get given whatever you ask for, but I have an unconditional offer and have heard that I have more of a chance of getting what I want since my application can be processed before the rest are out on results day in August. Is this true?

there is no space on the form to put in where you want to stay.
Reply 6258
Original post by PJ991
depending on where you live you might not need travel, so that would save £13.10 for the bus each week (or however much the tube pass is £19 maybe)

but i would say that's doable. I pay about £150 a week for rent, but I know people paying as little as £90 and some much more than I do. Then bills, my last quarterly bill was £110 for the coldest months of the year.

wait so you pay rent and bills?! :/ does the rent not cover everything?
Reply 6259
wait so you pay rent and bills?! :/ does the rent not cover everything?

you first asked about second and third years. and for those, the vast majority of accommodation won't include gas, electricity, water rates, TV licence etc.

of course, in halls, it is all included.

Latest

Trending

Trending