Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Firmed Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 2961
Firmed Liverpool :cool:
Reply 2962
Original post by ribena-93
Sorting out accommodation has already started?! :eek:

people that firmed got an email today with a link and an ID to apply for accommodation
Original post by Nnuunnuu
check the medical school resit policy on tsr http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies
for manchester it says 'We would only consider a re-sit application from students who achieved AAB in their previous A2 examinations with exams taken at the same sitting after no more than two years of study. Re-applicants must acknowledge and reflect on the need to re-sit in their personal statement'
Hope that helps :smile:

so AS resits are by far, irrelevant.
Original post by safiyasaeed
so AS resits are by far, irrelevant.

I think so :smile: you could still call up the uni and ask just incase. You won't lose anything by asking.
the very best of luck if its conditional, if its unconditional then congrats and dont give up if its unsuccessful try and smash your exams and then have another go
Reply 2966
Original post by needle12345
dont be hasty I hear earlier on in this thread that offers are still handed out on the last day. so chin up and good luck.

Hey! I wasn't wrong with my feelings :biggrin: I got a rejection friday the 30th seen it after midnight and I only felt lucky for having one offer :roll eyes: going to firm cardiff :wink:
Reply 2967
Original post by doctor92
Hey! I wasn't wrong with my feelings :biggrin: I got a rejection friday the 30th seen it after midnight and I only felt lucky for having one offer :roll eyes: going to firm cardiff :wink:

sorry to hear but glad you have an offer already! all the best!
Reply 2968
Ok I dont know if this is really the right place to ask this but, I am a reapplicant with 3 offers, one from Liverpool, one from HYMS and one from Manchester. Really have no idea where to choose im super stuck and struggling to make a decision. Would be very grateful if anyone has any recommendations :-)
Reply 2969
Original post by l0008697
Ok I dont know if this is really the right place to ask this but, I am a reapplicant with 3 offers, one from Liverpool, one from HYMS and one from Manchester. Really have no idea where to choose im super stuck and struggling to make a decision. Would be very grateful if anyone has any recommendations :-)

Liverpool!!! :biggrin: what did you expect asking in the Liverpool thread :wink: I had to choose between three and I chose Liverpool because it felt like the one :colondollar: if you're really struggling, write out the pros and cons of each school. It's five years of your life so make sure you like the area :smile:
Original post by doctor92

oh sad to hear that when was your interview by the way.
well done for getting into cardiff anyway.
Reply 2971
Original post by .eXe
-

best of luck at Brighton :smile:
Reply 2972
Original post by Rahmeh.
best of luck at Brighton :smile:

Thanks, and to you at Liverpool :smile:
Reply 2973
Could anyone tell me the URL for the group (medic offer holders) on Facebook, please?
Original post by APMED
Could anyone tell me the URL for the group (medic offer holders) on Facebook, please?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/138686472924660/?bookmark_t=group :biggrin:
Original post by APMED
thank you very much! :smile:

No Prob :smile:
Reply 2977
Original post by myyrh
Liverpool!!! :biggrin: what did you expect asking in the Liverpool thread :wink: I had to choose between three and I chose Liverpool because it felt like the one :colondollar: if you're really struggling, write out the pros and cons of each school. It's five years of your life so make sure you like the area :smile:

To be honest I really think I would be very happy there because I just feel like I fit in, however I think the one thing that worries me is the accommodation being miles away, so if you dont mind me asking, where did you live in first year and what are the transport costs like?? thankyou so much for your help :-)
Reply 2978
Original post by l0008697
To be honest I really think I would be very happy there because I just feel like I fit in, however I think the one thing that worries me is the accommodation being miles away, so if you dont mind me asking, where did you live in first year and what are the transport costs like?? thankyou so much for your help :-)

I'm not a student there yet! :colondollar: I've firmed Liverpool for 2012 entry :smile: I applied for the on campus accommodation because I didn't really want to be miles away either. The campus accommodations Prospect Point and Opal court are only 7-8mins walk from the medical school. The off campus sites are apparently around 15 mins on the bus but the bus comes around every 10 minutes so it shouldn't really matter that much,not sure about the price for travel though. Have you joined the fb group yet? there's load of info on there with people discussing accommodation choices, costs and distances :smile:
Reply 2979
[QUOTE="myyrh;37053241"]I'm not a student there yet! :colondollar: I've firmed Liverpool for 2012 entry :smile: I applied for the on campus accommodation because I didn't really want to be miles away either. The campus accommodations Prospect Point and Opal court are only 7-8mins walk from the medical school. The off campus sites are apparently around 15 mins on the bus but the bus comes around every 10 minutes so it shouldn't really matter that much,not sure about the price for travel though. Have you joined the fb group yet? there's load of info on there with people discussing accommodation choices, costs and distances :smile:[/QUOTE

oops, might see you there then when I finally make up my mind :-) well ive been to look round all the on campus accommodation and I think I would pick those two aswell because they are also right next door to the hospital if we should be placed there :-) and no i havent, im sat at the computer now stressing about where I will be most happy haha ill end up picking it out of a hat, i like them all!!! im sure ill be happy wherever i choose :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending