The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

is anyone else having trouble accessing the HYMS website?
Original post by tomcat1993
is anyone else having trouble accessing the HYMS website?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/hyms.ac.uk

It's not just you! http://hyms.ac.uk looks down from here.
Original post by Eddie91
Why the hell did you apply then? Just pick like 2 unis or something? Someone else could have had that interview.

I withdrew my application. easy on the bitterness.
Reply 603
I've firmed HYMS but am having trouble with student finance because we haven't been allocated campus and don't until June. Is anyone else having this trouble?
Reply 604
Someone should create a facebook page for the offer holders :smile:
im an international student, from china, living in portugal.
Im firming HYMS as 1st choice
Original post by Jchen
Someone should create a facebook page for the offer holders :smile:
im an international student, from china, living in portugal.
Im firming HYMS as 1st choice

There's already something for that. Check HYMS Freshers 2012. :smile:

BTW, did anybody else receive an email about York joining the Russell Group? From what I can tell (as a random guy from Canada anyway), it's mainly a prestige thing. Anybody else have any info on it? :s-smilie:
Reply 606
Original post by getchanceandluck

BTW, did anybody else receive an email about York joining the Russell Group? From what I can tell (as a random guy from Canada anyway), it's mainly a prestige thing. Anybody else have any info on it? :s-smilie:

Prestige and money. It's also a snobery thing... Will any $$ actually come to HYMS through it though? I doubt it..
Reply 607
Original post by getchanceandluck

Great! can you send me the link for that please? couldnt find it on facebook, the only one i found was from freshers 2011. thanks!
Original post by Jchen
Great! can you send me the link for that please? couldnt find it on facebook, the only one i found was from freshers 2011. thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/103979783063200/
Original post by Jchen

Sorry I was away for a little while. I didn't get a link, but an email:

Dear :smile::biggrin::o:rolleyes::smile::s-smilie::colondollar::colone:,

I wanted to share with you the exciting news that the University of York has been invited to join the prestigious Russell Group of universities. This move shows great confidence in York's strength in both teaching and research and places York alongside the very best universities in the country. You can read more about the Russell Group at http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/

I hope all is going well with your studies. If you need any information or advice about your application to York, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best wishes,

Simon Willis
Director, Student Recruitment and Admissions

Here's a news link: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/four-universities-join-elite-russell-group-7562780.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 610
Just made my replies to university. Firm for HYMS and insurance for St. Georges. Now, GET THE GRADES! and hopefully see you guys in September
peace.
When I go to do my student finance I can't find HYMS on there :/ Anyone else had this problem?
Original post by Lizziginne
When I go to do my student finance I can't find HYMS on there :/ Anyone else had this problem?

I read somewhere on their website to choose either The University of Hull or York at this stage and if you end up being allocated to a different site all you have to do is ring up the student finance people and inform them of the change. It's just so the money goes to the university you're based at. :smile:
Reply 613
Is there anyone here firming HYMS for 2013 entry?
Reply 614
So I was unsuccessful at HYMS (which is fine!) but I was just wondering how anyone else who had their interview on the 15th December in the very first morning group got on with Medical applications?! Its a long shot if any of you are on the student room, but I just wondered! :smile:
Original post by FJH
So I was unsuccessful at HYMS (which is fine!) but I was just wondering how anyone else who had their interview on the 15th December in the very first morning group got on with Medical applications?! Its a long shot if any of you are on the student room, but I just wondered! :smile:

Me! I was in the first morning group on the 15th december. The black kid?

Fortunately i got an offer from hyms and two from barts and leeds.
I did love them all but i chose leeds!
wish i could give my offer to you :frown:

how did you do with the rest of application?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 616
Original post by jaydeedonuts
Me! I was in the first morning group on the 15th december. The black kid?

Fortunately i got an offer from hyms and two from barts and leeds.
I did love them all but i chose leeds!
wish i could give my offer to you :frown:

how did you do with the rest of application?

I remember you! We talked about GCSE results, I'm short with brown hair? Congrats on all those offers :biggrin: Not to worry about the rejection,I got offers from UEA, Keele and Peninsula! so it was all good:smile: I feel the same way though about giving offers to other people :/ I've decided to go to Keele :smile:
Original post by FJH
I remember you! We talked about GCSE results, I'm short with brown hair? Congrats on all those offers :biggrin: Not to worry about the rejection,I got offers from UEA, Keele and Peninsula! so it was all good:smile: I feel the same way though about giving offers to other people :/ I've decided to go to Keele :smile:

Yeah! you had like 11/12a*s and had had an interview at keele already :smile:
Im really glad you got in to medicine, you seemed like such a nice person and im sure you'll make a great doctor too!
I'm sure you'll love keele, i remember you said how much you liked it aha
Reply 618
Original post by jaydeedonuts
Yeah! you had like 11/12a*s and had had an interview at keele already :smile:
Im really glad you got in to medicine, you seemed like such a nice person and im sure you'll make a great doctor too!
I'm sure you'll love keele, i remember you said how much you liked it aha

Thank you:smile: I'm really pleased for you too, and I too think you will make a great doctor, congratulations again and all the best with studying medicine! :smile:
Hey guys, just wandering if any applicants/current students could help me out regarding Student Finance!

As I'm sure you're aware the HYMS bursary for years 1-2 is split into £1500 fee waiver and £1500 cash.. so when on Student Finance applying for your tuition fee loan do you have to put £7500 :confused:

Sorry if the answer is completely obvious but I just wanted to make sure before I begin filling it all in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending