Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you trust a 17 yr old boy to drive a motorhome/trailer?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: Would you trust a 17 yr old boy to drive it?
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    71.43%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...juring-13.html

Would you trust a 17 yr old boy with a provisional license to drive a motorhome/trailer that weights 53k lb which carries 19 passengers(children and adults) with only 2 seat belts available for a trip of over 1000 km from Minnesota to Texas? As an additional note, there is a loophole in their state's law that permits this because the vehicle is considered for recreational use. It it however, considered illegal in most states otherwise.

I have already argued about stupidity of such a lax law that is clearly being taken advantage of and it seems the only people that are adamant with thinking that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it are the ones that live there. I have also asked people in other states of this issue(and they agreed with my points) and the only people that took such offense to my opinions are the ones that live in that small town community. It's astonishing to find that they are fine(and even actually thrilled) with the idea of allowing children driving trucks around their area. Clearly they do not understand that just because something is ok, doesn't mean they should...

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1...taargument.jpg

The only reason why I even bothered wasting my breath on this is because my friend who lives there is being treated like an outcast and utter **** just because he has a completely different opinion that contradicts with their mindset. I think he has far more credibility in what he said seeing as he works as a legal bus driver.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the americans let their citizens walk around town with hand gun and own small howitzers, can we really expect them to have sensible laws regarding driving?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 5, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.