Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do in this situation...?

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i was just watching a film called mean creek, long story short a group of kids conspire to get revenge on a bully by taking him on a boat trip sdtripping him naked and pushing him in the river and making him walk home naked ... as things turn out it goes horribly wrong the bully cant swim he knocks himself out and drowns, now this is where my question comes in what would you do in this situation? in the movie the boys initially hide the body but eventually come clean about it, so yes what would youre reation be? would you come clean or cover it up 'see no evil hear no evil' kind of thought?

bare in mind a couple of things first;
    1. they did scheme to get him out and push him in the river so whether they like it or not its premeditated homicide [negligent maybe?]
    2. theyre only about 15 and the law isnt kind on these things and the consequences of coming clean would be horrific on the rest of your life
    3. if you did hide it but were some how found out the courts would throw the book at you for it.

so yes decide would you or would you not cover up the crime?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumsteele1)
    in the movie the boys initially hide the body but eventually come clean about it
    Thanks for ruining the whole movie for everybody, you goddamn douchebag.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiros)
    Thanks for ruining the whole movie for everybody, you goddamn douchebag.
    oh cry me a river.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am crying. Somebody help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiros)
    I am crying. Somebody help.
    there there, it'll be ok.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    i was just watching a film called mean creek, long story short a group of kids conspire to get revenge on a bully by taking him on a boat trip sdtripping him naked and pushing him in the river and making him walk home naked ... as things turn out it goes horribly wrong the bully cant swim he knocks himself out and drowns, now this is where my question comes in what would you do in this situation? in the movie the boys initially hide the body but eventually come clean about it, so yes what would youre reation be? would you come clean or cover it up 'see no evil hear no evil' kind of thought?

1. they did scheme to get him out and push him in the river so whether they like it or not its premeditated homicide [negligent maybe?]
    2. theyre only about 15 and the law isnt kind on these things and the consequences of coming clean would be horrific on the rest of your life
    3. if you did hide it but were some how found out the courts would throw the book at you for it.

why the hell would they need to hide the body?

unless they smacked him over the head with something they have nothing to worry about, can't prove anyone pushed him he could have just fell in. As for his clothes? Make up any excuse, doesn't even have to be that believable.

The only reason anyone would get arrested for this is if they panicked and did something stupid like drag him out of the water and attempt to put his clothes back on before throwing him back in. Unless the police can prove the group actively tried to change the crime scene or cover up some evidence nothing solid would stick.

So i would call the police, get the story straight with the other people and have a pepsi max while we wait.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The whole thing sounds retarded. The movie would have been better if they all just drowned in harmony.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    why the hell would they need to hide the body?

unless they smacked him over the head with something they have nothing to worry about, can't prove anyone pushed him he could have just fell in. As for his clothes? Make up any excuse, doesn't even have to be that believable.

The only reason anyone would get arrested for this is if they panicked and did something stupid like drag him out of the water and attempt to put his clothes back on before throwing him back in. Unless the police can prove the group actively tried to change the crime scene or cover up some evidence nothing solid would stick.

So i would call the police, get the story straight with the other people and have a pepsi max while we wait.
    with direct relation to the movie the kid had videod the whole thing, he liked to keep a video diary. and they did bury the body :rolleyes:
    but wouldnt what youre saying be covering it up as well?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have always said if my actions cost someone there life, i would own up. Until i am physically in that situation though, who knows. Ah i dont mean until, i mean IF
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    multiply his ignorance and cockiness by 100, divide his IQ by 3, then clone him 2 million times. That’s what we’re dealing with down here.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99luft Balons)
    multiply his ignorance and cockiness by 100, divide his IQ by 3, then clone him 2 million times. That’s what we’re dealing with down here.
    what?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

I'd just say he was doing some stunt naked and fell in and drowned by accident. simples!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably lie and say we were out on a boating trip & he fell out of the boat....
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much I hated the bully.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    with direct relation to the movie the kid had videod the whole thing, he liked to keep a video diary. and they did bury the body :rolleyes:
    but wouldnt what youre saying be covering it up as well?
    we would be lying but more importantly no one could realistically prove we were lying so there is every chance we would get away with it.

hmmm if there was a video that complicates things, could just chance on deleting it but if the police were suspicious and decided to check the camera they might be able to recover the video or at least part of it...i would probably just delete the video and put the camera away somewhere casually so no one would suspect it had anything to do with the "accident".

If they try to move the body or do anything to it their chances of getting away with the lie would decrease dramatically because there is no good reason why anyone would try and hide a genuine accident.

but personally i would just go with he fell in and drowned, it's simple and next to impossible to disprove.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd bully someone near water.... or a cliff edge just in case.

Though to protect myself I'd lie, be wracked with guilt and become psychotic. Probably.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.