The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Camoxide
Yes, you have to show the paper part of their license when you get the box fitted. The paper part has the pass date on it.

correct , if she has forgotten the date of passing she just looks at the paper counterpart and she'll find it
is it the date on your liscense which says valid from that you put in on date passed?
Reply 482
Original post by DeclanA94
is it the date on your liscense which says valid from that you put in on date passed?

It is
Reply 483
Thanks for the advice!

Worried about one thing however. Got quoted £1000 for a 1.2 fiesta 60 plate. However to do this I put my self as main w/ 0-1000 miles, and my mum as a named with 10-12000 miles.
I see a lot of other did this too, but is this not 'fronting'?
Reply 484
I like this policy tbh, I dont speed so it's a constant 5 for that

I tend to accelerate and brake harshly and thus get scores of 3 to 3.5

Cornering and night driving are always at 5

Overall Im on 5 which is good = )

What I hate about this insurance is that no mods are allowed, not even If I can pay extra for them. When I bought my car the person decided to fit some costly BBS alloys on them, I told coop this and they said they cannot insure my vehicle due to it. I had to fork out an extra £200 for factory alloys = (
Got my box fitted today.

I asked the guy if you can you replace the sterro and he said yes. You're just not aloud to have visible parcel shelf speakers and a sub woofer in the back.

He also said that it was being fitted behind the dash. So no easy way for me to remove when I want to cancel the insurance then T_T
Reply 486
Thanks for the advice!

Worried about one thing however. Got quoted £1000 for a 1.2 fiesta 60 plate. However to do this I put my self as main w/ 0-1000 miles, and my mum as a named with 10-12000 miles.
Original post by George B
Thanks for the advice!

As far as I'm aware fronting would be if somebody, such as your parent put a car in their name with them as the MAIN and adding on an additional driver (as yourself) as the named, it will be fronting if you drive the car on a more regular basis than the Main, your Mum .

In this case YOU are the Main driver and your Mum is an additional, as a result I think you are okay, for example I'm the main driver and my neighbor is an additional, my miles are set at 2000-3000 and his at 8000, 10,000.
To be on the safe side, set your miles to at least 2000, but yeah, you should be okay
Reply 488
Original post by Lee Moon 89
As far as I'm aware fronting would be if somebody, such as your parent put a car in their name with them as the MAIN and adding on an additional driver (as yourself) as the named, it will be fronting if you drive the car on a more regular basis than the Main, your Mum .

In this case YOU are the Main driver and your Mum is an additional, as a result I think you are okay, for example I'm the main driver and my neighbor is an additional, my miles are set at 2000-3000 and his at 8000, 10,000.
To be on the safe side, set your miles to at least 2000, but yeah, you should be okay

It just seems too Good to be true :'). The cheapest I've been getting was 3k+
It just seems too Good to be true :'). The cheapest I've been getting was 3k+

Same, I was quoted 4.2k on the car that I am currently insured on with C0-op for £1200
Reply 490
Original post by Lee Moon 89
Same, I was quoted 4.2k on the car that I am currently insured on with C0-op for £1200

Which car? :smile:
Which car? :smile:

1998 1.4 vauxhall corsa breeze

Could have gotten it insured for £50 a mnoth had I set my miles to 0-1000 but as I say, that lloks a bit suspicious, best to keep your own miles to about 2000 - 3000 and then any named to I'd say 10,000 max if they don't intend to use it or use it often
Does anyone know how often the dash is updated?
Reply 493
Everything is going quite well for me on this insurance, few faults at the beginning with misreading the monthly payments & my scores all being 0 but now i'm scoring 5/5. Sometimes I am going over the speed limit without realising, I don't think it is that sensitive to speed at all. I was doing 30 in a 20 for a while & didn't realise. My only problem is acceleration & breaking am scoring a 4 but I can't do anything about that as I can't understand what am doing wrong. Overall I would definitely recommend this to any young drivers, saved me £2000! I drive a brand new Clio Dynamique 12 plate for £1300.
Reply 494
Does anyone know how often the dash is updated?

It's updated daily, as far as I know.

I still can't get a decent cornering score when I use the duel carriage way - I always get a 3, which has bought my overall cornering score down to a 3. Though I still have a 5 overall for everything, so I don't mind that much.
Original post by Benj92
It's updated daily, as far as I know.

I still can't get a decent cornering score when I use the duel carriage way - I always get a 3, which has bought my overall cornering score down to a 3. Though I still have a 5 overall for everything, so I don't mind that much.

Well I drove yesterday and it hasn't updated yet.
Well I drove yesterday and it hasn't updated yet.

When I started it took a while to display the scores (1 week ish). Also when you go on particularly long drives these take much longer to show up -I've had the days after a long drive show up before it. Also, the road type usage thing takes a month or two to work (it's one of the tabs).
First report back.Screen Shot 2012-04-08 at 02.20.14.png
Not bad.

As others have pointed out. It's pretty much imposible to get 5 on braking and accelerating
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 498
Yes, you have to show the paper part of their license when you get the box fitted. The paper part has the pass date on it.

It doesnt have to be the exact date... None of my ad drivers could remember, we called co-op and they said roughly around what YEAR
Reply 499
First report back.Screen Shot 2012-04-08 at 02.20.14.png
Not bad.

As others have pointed out. It's pretty much imposible to get 5 on braking and accelerating

My Acceleration braking has always been on 5 :wink: :h: its not impossible

i Paid £347 for the year!

Latest