The Student Room Group

ombre hair for a natural redhead??

okay so im a natural ginge :smile: but it more strawberry blonde tbh as its really quite light in parts, especially in summer. my hair is past my shoulders - nearly to my elbows really.
im thinking of getting some blonde highlights soon, but in more of an ombre style (partly because i reckon i'd like it, partly because i won't have to afford to do my roots)
does anyone have pics of this ombre look on a fellow ginge? i've had no luck searching for one and im scared to go to the salon without one xD
also, does anyone know from experience if it'd look alright?? :s-smilie:

all i could find...
Reply 2
ahhh thank you i love the top left one!! shame my hair isn't that dark naturally but i'll give it a try :biggrin:
Reply 3
I think this is such a pretty look, I'm a redhead too and might have to get this done in a few months!
Reply 4
I think this is a very pretty look :biggrin:
Wow that 1st pic is absolutely lovely. As a fellow ginger I'm very glad I saw this thread :smile: Haha. Might get this done when I'm next at the hairdressers :tongue:
Reply 6
my hair is naturally only a little bit darker than the lighter bit on the top left photo... do you still think that look would still be alright if i started with that colour and dyed the ends even lighter??
thanks for the positive feedback though guys - im glad other people like this look too :smile:
Original post by Lamb.
my hair is naturally only a little bit darker than the lighter bit on the top left photo... do you still think that look would still be alright if i started with that colour and dyed the ends even lighter??
thanks for the positive feedback though guys - im glad other people like this look too :smile:

yeah that should look great!

a few of my friends are getting the ombre look now too haha, massive trend going on!
Reply 8
hey guys.. quick opinion needed - hairdressers in under 2 hours aaaaaaargh! its a small local salon but the most professional type one in my little town so i'm hoping they can pull this look off.. WILL IT LOOK OKAY IF I GIVE THEM THIS PICTURE?? And do i need to ask for anything in particular to get it right? :P thank you!

http://netstorage.metrolyrics.com/artists/large/1288387732/nicola-roberts-nicola-roberts-meeting-with-uk-officials-to-discuss-bullying.jpg
Original post by Lamb.
hey guys.. quick opinion needed - hairdressers in under 2 hours aaaaaaargh! its a small local salon but the most professional type one in my little town so i'm hoping they can pull this look off.. WILL IT LOOK OKAY IF I GIVE THEM THIS PICTURE?? And do i need to ask for anything in particular to get it right? :P thank you!

http://netstorage.metrolyrics.com/artists/large/1288387732/nicola-roberts-nicola-roberts-meeting-with-uk-officials-to-discuss-bullying.jpg

It should be ok, but just make sure that she understands how dark or light it should be. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest