The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by F6053721
I'm in new house fixing tv brackets to walls and trying to fix my washing machine. I miss having a man around the house to do this, although I suppose I'd have never learnt these vital skills otherwise!

I can't stop checking though. I'm assuming it's going to be PM they release them that usually seems to be the case.

Anything for you yet? Can't believe ours still isn't out!!! Literally the last to find out, after being first to sit fsac :frown:
Reply 2261
I'm in new house fixing tv brackets to walls and trying to fix my washing machine. I miss having a man around the house to do this, although I suppose I'd have never learnt these vital skills otherwise!

I can't stop checking though. I'm assuming it's going to be PM they release them that usually seems to be the case.

Anything for you yet? Can't believe ours still isn't out!!! Literally the last to find out, after being first to sit fsac :frown:
Unsuccessful for CD with 16.37. Interesting report though, and definitely going to apply next year. :smile:
Reply 2263
Original post by obamtl
Congrats! I told you that you were close and you had a chance! I have a very early FSB on the 17th. When's yours?

I haven't received the invitation yet. Just thought I'd check today whilst I was holding on a call ironically enough to try to sort out transfering one of the TLD's that I've got to a more cost effective registrar, fully expecting it to be another unsuccessful result...
Original post by Stomm
Ok, turns out I have passed the FSAC for TiB... Now to figure out how on earth I can get through the FSB, best speak to my brother...

YAY! iM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Original post by Satis
Ha! 17.73. So close, and yet...! Congrats for the FSB - and good luck!

17.77 SO CLOSE. ggr!
So after finding out my score (16.68) via being unsuccessful for EFS I was sure I wouldn't get CD. Just logged in and I passed...

think this calls for a WOOP!
Reply 2267
Who else is still awaiting results? Is it just HR?
Reply 2268
Original post by ellie_flower
YAY! iM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Cheers.

I'm going to be playing with my toy soldiers tonight, I think I may be able to have a couple of beers whilst doing so. Of course it also solidifies my plans to go out in Camden on Friday, even if none of my mates will bloody well come with me :frown: Lightweights... :wink:
Reply 2269
No real surprise, after being unsuccessful in the HOP option I've just found out that I was unsuccessful for my CD option with a score of 16.35. So we know that the score is between 16.37 and 16.68 which someone else in the thread got.

Congratulations to all that have passed, commiserations to those who have been also been close to the pass mark.
Unsuccessful for hr. I can't see my report though?!
Original post by cha4zz
No real surprise, after being unsuccessful in the HOP option I've just found out that I was unsuccessful for my CD option with a score of 16.35. So we know that the score is between 16.37 and 16.68 which someone else in the thread got.

Congratulations to all that have passed, commiserations to those who have been also been close to the pass mark.

Oh, my goodness me. I've just had (another!) little cry at the fact it transpires now that I was only about 0.4 marks off the pass mark, but you're even closer! Small part of my brain is tempted to call, ring, write, email, go down to London in person and just SEE if there's any chance I don't have to go through the WHOLE DAMN PROCESS again next year when I'm about 99% convinced that my plans for the year will mean I can easily pick up by 0.4 of a mark. The whole thing is so regimented, though, I doubt there's any room for anything like that.

People who weren't successful and are planning on trying again, what are you going to do with the year's gap? Congratulations to everyone who was successful, though!!
Reply 2272
Unsuccessful for hr. I can't see my report though?!

Aw sorry :frown: Was reading the previous posts before, does that mean your moving abroad now? I'm still awaiting, I have no idea how they are releasing these results!
Reply 2273
Original post by Stomm
I haven't received the invitation yet. Just thought I'd check today whilst I was holding on a call ironically enough to try to sort out transfering one of the TLD's that I've got to a more cost effective registrar, fully expecting it to be another unsuccessful result...

I remember you from a few years ago. I hope you get through the FSB. You must be over the moon right now. I remember when the FSB invite came in. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. Heck, it's been maybe a month now, and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Do you know anyone who's done the FSB before? I've tried to reach out to one or two people but it appears many of the old-timers working in the Fast Stream are no longer active on TSR, such as TiBFSer.

How can one really prepare for the FSB?
Original post by rach2012
Aw sorry :frown: Was reading the previous posts before, does that mean your moving abroad now? I'm still awaiting, I have no idea how they are releasing these results!

If nothing comes up by the end of the summer then it looks like I will be yeah. Might reapply next year but i'm not sure.
Original post by cha4zz

Unsuccessful with 16.56 - so the pass mark was somewhere between 16.56 and 16.68.

Arghh, frustrating! But congratulations to all who passed and best of luck to those with FSBs :smile:
Reply 2276
Original post by comeluckyapril
Oh, my goodness me. I've just had (another!) little cry at the fact it transpires now that I was only about 0.4 marks off the pass mark, but you're even closer! Small part of my brain is tempted to call, ring, write, email, go down to London in person and just SEE if there's any chance I don't have to go through the WHOLE DAMN PROCESS again next year when I'm about 99% convinced that my plans for the year will mean I can easily pick up by 0.4 of a mark. The whole thing is so regimented, though, I doubt there's any room for anything like that.

People who weren't successful and are planning on trying again, what are you going to do with the year's gap? Congratulations to everyone who was successful, though!!

Oh I expected it anyway so i'm not anywhere near as bothered as I was when I found out I was unsuccessful for HOP. It's frustrating to be close, but it appears this years CD pass score is much lower than the previous 2 years.

I've been offered a graduate job, so will probably accept that and then see how I get on with it before deciding whether to reapply next year. Must admit that the thought of that competency questionnaire and e-tray doesn't really fill me with hope.
Reply 2277
If nothing comes up by the end of the summer then it looks like I will be yeah. Might reapply next year but i'm not sure.

Good luck then. You should definately apply next year as you must have been close to be in untiil the end. Do you know what your score was yet?
You can still work for the civil service in the mean time aswell;
https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi
Reply 2278
Original post by tea and cakes
Unsuccessful with 16.56 - so the pass mark was somewhere between 16.56 and 16.68.

Arghh, frustrating! But congratulations to all who passed and best of luck to those with FSBs :smile:

Commiserations, that's really harsh to get so close. How are you finding the report, i'm finding that my stronger points are areas that I thought I was terrible in?
Original post by rach2012
Good luck then. You should definately apply next year as you must have been close to be in untiil the end. Do you know what your score was yet?
You can still work for the civil service in the mean time aswell;
https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi

I'm already in DWP. Don't know my score. There doesn't seem to be a link for me to see it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending