The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
Original post by SeaJay

This post made me smile. :smile: So glad you had such a good day!! It's lovely when little things (or in your case large women... :tongue:) bring your mood right up.

Spoiler

I think I'm slowly clawing myself out of this. Although at the moment I'm getting really crappy mood swings that aren't really me. Swinging between feeling ok to inexplicably angry which makes me snap at people and drive them a little further away :frown:

Being more productive though, am writing a 'to-do' list everyday and steadily working my way through it. Just got to keep going.....

Hope you lot are ok. Just keep swimming xx

As a side note, why has tsr taken away the post counter?

Wow, thank you so much :smile: So happy to hear that :jumphug:

Spoiler

Good to hear you're doing well :smile:. Was thinking about you earlier :redface:.

:hugs:
I contemplated going to A&E earlier because I don't trust myself but I've got work in a few hours and I can't exactly call up and be like 'Yeah, I can't come to work because I'm in A&E because my head is a mess'. I had a shower and feel a bit better now, but nowhere near better enough to study. I'm so behind on my uni work now. :sigh:
Original post by Aemiliana
I contemplated going to A&E earlier because I don't trust myself but I've got work in a few hours and I can't exactly call up and be like 'Yeah, I can't come to work because I'm in A&E because my head is a mess'. I had a shower and feel a bit better now, but nowhere near better enough to study. I'm so behind on my uni work now. :sigh:

Your health is much more important than work, but I understand the dilemma, I've had the same problem once. In the end, I just said to my boss I was ill and couldn't work atm, if you feel really unsafe, please take care of yourself, and if you need it, go to A&E. Are you under a CMHT, because if you are you could maybe call the crisis team? Take care of yourself. Don't be scared to go to A&E after work if you need to, the nurses at A&E are always really nice.
Original post by bullettheory
Your health is much more important than work, but I understand the dilemma, I've had the same problem once. In the end, I just said to my boss I was ill and couldn't work atm, if you feel really unsafe, please take care of yourself, and if you need it, go to A&E. Are you under a CMHT, because if you are you could maybe call the crisis team? Take care of yourself. Don't be scared to go to A&E after work if you need to, the nurses at A&E are always really nice.

Thanks. I sort of trust myself enough right now to get through today. Work helps me because it means I have to be somewhere - I'm kind of looking forward to going in tonight just because it keeps me occupied. I don't have the crisis team numbers, but the nice GP yesterday gave me some helpline numbers.
Original post by avhhs
:console: Never mind :smile:

Well, that means you're better than them in more than one thing :tongue:. But I understand how it affects you more now, like how having a social life didn't affect me in the past but it really affects me now.

Wow, thank you so much :hugs: :cry2:

:console: Hope you start to feel better soon :smile:. I'm feeling slightly better too now. Can't wait for the pizza :tongue:

Feeling much worse now, was talking to a girl in my year about how she has done loads of work on the dissertation and really stressing about how much I need to do now :/ feeling so stressed and like everything is on top of me at the moment and got to hand all my work in really soon! Really wish I could not let it all get to me so much!

I am aware I keep saying that if you just wait till university things will change but it is true, you don't get many opportunities to meet new people through college and stuff, unless you join groups and stuff? But at uni you'll have loads of opportunities and you'll make new friends in no time :smile:

Glad you are starting to feel slightly better though hun, and you talking about pizza is making me want some now :tongue: :hugs:
Reply 6685
Original post by Aemiliana

Lie.. Bad flu, family member death.. Whatever.. If you DO feel to go then make an excuse and don't feel bad about it, not like you would just be skipping work.
Original post by Webberino
:mmm: We redid the DSA form today as we missed something last time because we thought it was just the gp's letter but I was suppose to explain what's going on and support it with the gp's letter. He wrote it all for me. :daydreaming:
Feel a bit bad, I don't think he heard my mumble of a thankyou. :redface:
Next time he wants the session to be a mixture of mentoring and counselling, I'm suppose to tell him what I've been revising and how it's going and how I've been feeling. Sounds like a lot of talking will be involved. :afraid:

:console: Minds can be cruel things. Hope the guilt goes away soon. :hugs:

Even if he didn't, I'm sure he knows you mean it :hugs:
But you'll be with him which might put you at ease a bit, hopefully he'll make you feel comfortable.

Thanks. I still feel a bit guilty but I think it's for eating more than I had planned for today.
I did a past paper that was set for homework, my concentration is really bad at the moment. I got a C in it too :frown: In my year 10 exam I only dropped one mark on the entire paper and now I can't even get half marks.
Reply 6687
Original post by Phoenix07
Feeling much worse now, was talking to a girl in my year about how she has done loads of work on the dissertation and really stressing about how much I need to do now :/ feeling so stressed and like everything is on top of me at the moment and got to hand all my work in really soon! Really wish I could not let it all get to me so much!

I am aware I keep saying that if you just wait till university things will change but it is true, you don't get many opportunities to meet new people through college and stuff, unless you join groups and stuff? But at uni you'll have loads of opportunities and you'll make new friends in no time :smile:

Glad you are starting to feel slightly better though hun, and you talking about pizza is making me want some now :tongue: :hugs:

:console: Totally understand what you are talking about. I always feel the same way too.

I know why you're saying that, and I believe you too :smile:. The only problem is the amount of time left :frown:.

OMG I'm so sorry :colondollar:. But yeah, I am feeling quite good :smile:.

Original post by SeaJay

Spoiler

Glad you agree :biggrin:
Original post by superwolf

But the fluffies! :puppyeyes:

Don't worry, when we live on Depression Society Island there will be plenty of room for pets of all sorts, and full medical coverage for all.

Dep Soc Island?

Can it have a funny farm - with pink polka-dotted chickens & sheep with their fleeces cut into awesome hair-styles or sculptures?
And cider - lots and lots of cider.
Reply 6690
Original post by laut_biru
Are you sure she's not just concerned about how you're eating? Not that forcing you to eat foods that make you feel unsafe is a good way of going about things..

If you want company though, my brain seems to have forgotten the meaning of getting off to sleep :tongue:

Sorry I took so long to reply :puppyeyes:.

I spend as much time as possible in my room where I have no internet access, or out helping with shopping etc. at the moment so not much time for the internet (and consequently work... :ashamed:).

She's told me off about my eating every day since I've got home, but not in the ways that one might expect. Apparently I'm "eating too much" (when I never go over 1000kcals a day, which she would notice if she was actually paying attention - she's just saying it because she knows talking about my eating upsets me).
I'm also "drinking too much tea", "eating too many eggs", "too much chicken", and "can I please stop eating 2 babybels per day because they're expensive" (£3 per week).
She was complaining that's it's difficult to cook for me because she doesn't know what I'll eat, so I wrote her up a comprehensive list, basically saying "no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes; everything else fair game" and it's still "too confusing", and she's purposefully buying french bread and starchy vegetables to try to "tempt me". She can't seem to her head around the fact that I'm eating exactly the same food as everybody else, I just want more meat and vegetables instead of pasta.

Today we had soup and when I politely declined the bread she huffed and didn't have any either.
It's not a ****ing competition. It genuinely feels like she's jealous of me and has to keep putting me down.

Then again, this is the woman that still thinks colds and flu are caused by cold weather rather than viruses, and also apprently thinks it's possible to OD on chicken.

So along with those lovely comments of me eating too much and too often, which have deflated me very effectively, she was doing ironing when my dad and I were watching the football last night and saw fit to announce to the room that my t shirt "smelled" (she's the one that washes the damn things).

I love being at home for Easter. :rolleyes:
If I'm forced to leave uni I think I will genuinely just have to leave home. Would not be able to hack spending the next 4 months solidly at home.

Miraculously, this hasn't had much effect on my mood, which is still doing ok (told the doctors I wasn't borderline), so that's a month of stable mood now.
April 10th can't come quickly enough.
Can I just ask how easy it is to get extensions at university due to things like anxiety and depression? Really not coping well at the moment and got loads of work including my dissertation in in the next week and a half! Never tried to get an extension before though so not sure how easy it'll be!
Original post by Anonymous
Even if he didn't, I'm sure he knows you mean it :hugs:
But you'll be with him which might put you at ease a bit, hopefully he'll make you feel comfortable.

Thanks. I still feel a bit guilty but I think it's for eating more than I had planned for today.
I did a past paper that was set for homework, my concentration is really bad at the moment. I got a C in it too :frown: In my year 10 exam I only dropped one mark on the entire paper and now I can't even get half marks.

Hopefully, thanks. :hugs:
Yeah I guess, just worried about not knowing what to say, but I guess he will just ask the questions.
Going to miss TBBT night to go to the aspergers group. :sad:
Hopefully they will put it all on 4od. On a random note, rasberry and peach soothers taste like heaven. :h:

Ah it's easter, it's meant for eating. :tongue:
:console: Can only do what you can, still good you managed to do it while you were having trouble concentrating. Sure you will go back to getting your former grades when you're feeling better. :hugs:
Reply 6693
Can I just ask how easy it is to get extensions at university due to things like anxiety and depression? Really not coping well at the moment and got loads of work including my dissertation in in the next week and a half! Never tried to get an extension before though so not sure how easy it'll be!

Assuming that your university knows that you have a disability, it shouldn't be much of a problem at all.
Staff at my uni were really helpful and I just had to fill in a short form, and it was approved by the DSO and that was that.
Original post by Webberino
Hopefully, thanks. :hugs:
Yeah I guess, just worried about not knowing what to say, but I guess he will just ask the questions.
Going to miss TBBT night to go to the aspergers group. :sad:
Hopefully they will put it all on 4od. On a random note, rasberry and peach soothers taste like heaven. :h:

Ah it's easter, it's meant for eating. :tongue:
:console: Can only do what you can, still good you managed to do it while you were having trouble concentrating. Sure you will go back to getting your former grades when you're feeling better. :hugs:

Yeah, you don't have to answer anything you don't want to, he will understand.
:eek: Just as I opened this thread a reminder came up on my phone for it! The episode being aired in America today has Stephen Hawking in it :tongue: I've never had soothers, feel like I'm missing out a bit. On the other hand, pop tarts are the food of Gods.

I just realised that what I posted sounded like I'm really controlling what I'm eating. I'm not, just trying to lose a bit of weight. :smile:
I hope they do. Without sounding like a complete nobber/elite TSRian, school was so important to me. I can't see myself being happy without good grades to back me up, I've always thought that.
Self-harm reference

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs
:console: Totally understand what you are talking about. I always feel the same way too.

I know why you're saying that, and I believe you too :smile:. The only problem is the amount of time left :frown:.

OMG I'm so sorry :colondollar:. But yeah, I am feeling quite good :smile:.

It's all good I have managed to control the urge to eat all of the food in the world :tongue:

Really need to try and calm down though, because with this level of stress I am never going to get any work done at all :frown:

But Yer I know it seems like a long way-a-way now, but you will soon be having to look round uni and apply and stuff and it'll all go quite quickly then :smile:

Good :smile: we just have to keep your good mood up again now :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
Sorry I took so long to reply :puppyeyes:.

I spend as much time as possible in my room where I have no internet access, or out helping with shopping etc. at the moment so not much time for the internet (and consequently work... :ashamed:).

She's told me off about my eating every day since I've got home, but not in the ways that one might expect. Apparently I'm "eating too much" (when I never go over 1000kcals a day, which she would notice if she was actually paying attention - she's just saying it because she knows talking about my eating upsets me).
I'm also "drinking too much tea", "eating too many eggs", "too much chicken", and "can I please stop eating 2 babybels per day because they're expensive" (£3 per week).
She was complaining that's it's difficult to cook for me because she doesn't know what I'll eat, so I wrote her up a comprehensive list, basically saying "no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes; everything else fair game" and it's still "too confusing", and she's purposefully buying french bread and starchy vegetables to try to "tempt me". She can't seem to her head around the fact that I'm eating exactly the same food as everybody else, I just want more meat and vegetables instead of pasta.

Today we had soup and when I politely declined the bread she huffed and didn't have any either.
It's not a ****ing competition. It genuinely feels like she's jealous of me and has to keep putting me down.

Then again, this is the woman that still thinks colds and flu are caused by cold weather rather than viruses, and also apprently thinks it's possible to OD on chicken.

So along with those lovely comments of me eating too much and too often, which have deflated me very effectively, she was doing ironing when my dad and I were watching the football last night and saw fit to announce to the room that my t shirt "smelled" (she's the one that washes the damn things).

I love being at home for Easter. :rolleyes:
If I'm forced to leave uni I think I will genuinely just have to leave home. Would not be able to hack spending the next 4 months solidly at home.

Miraculously, this hasn't had much effect on my mood, which is still doing ok (told the doctors I wasn't borderline), so that's a month of stable mood now.
April 10th can't come quickly enough.

Yay for being stable for a month, that's pretty awesome.

Your mum's fond of the mind games, isn't she?
Sudden humongous drop in mood..I feel so low. I'm hurting so much, too much right now. When am I going to be taken out of this black hole? :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6698
It's all good I have managed to control the urge to eat all of the food in the world :tongue:

Really need to try and calm down though, because with this level of stress I am never going to get any work done at all :frown:

But Yer I know it seems like a long way-a-way now, but you will soon be having to look round uni and apply and stuff and it'll all go quite quickly then :smile:

Good :smile: we just have to keep your good mood up again now :hugs:

That's good :tongue:

:console: Please get better so you can do work :smile:

Yeah I know. Just can't really wait :tongue:

Thanks. Its currently OK, but it isn't too good either. Just slept for like 2 hours :redface:

Original post by ViceVersa
Sudden humongous drop in mood..I feel so low. I'm hurting so much, too much right now. When am I going to be taken out of this black whole? :cry2:

Soon hopefully.

I hope you're ok :console:

Latest