The Student Room Group

AQA A2 R.E (Life, Death & Beyond)

Hi guys,

I don't know if such a thread exists for those who are taking the May/June 2012 exam, if it does.. sorry.

I thought we could make this thread to help each other with revision, exam questions etc.

I personally am having trouble with structuring everything we are learning in class. So far, we have done this:

Human nature & value (religious/secular perspectives on soul, whether we are special, free-will)
Eschatology (religious views on judgement day/end of world)
Afterlife (religious views on afterlife)

That is all I've learnt in school so far.. And it took me a long time to structure and organise what I learnt because our teacher teaches us everything in one big jumble. So what would you guys add to that? And is that how you guys structure what you are learning too?

I also don't know what to talk about for SECULAR perspectives on eschatology and afterlife?

Thanks in advance + good luck :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:frown: bump.
Reply 2
Original post by D0LLxo
Hi guys,

I don't know if such a thread exists for those who are taking the May/June 2012 exam, if it does.. sorry.

I thought we could make this thread to help each other with revision, exam questions etc.

I personally am having trouble with structuring everything we are learning in class. So far, we have done this:

Human nature & value (religious/secular perspectives on soul, whether we are special, free-will)
Eschatology (religious views on judgement day/end of world)
Afterlife (religious views on afterlife)

That is all I've learnt in school so far.. And it took me a long time to structure and organise what I learnt because our teacher teaches us everything in one big jumble. So what would you guys add to that? And is that how you guys structure what you are learning too?

I also don't know what to talk about for SECULAR perspectives on eschatology and afterlife?

Thanks in advance + good luck :smile:

Haha! Somebody else doing this exam! So few people seem to do it. Also, I'm sorry that nobody else replied until now...but you need religious and secular views on all things mentioned; the four topics we've been taught (and I believe tht titles that might be in the exam are: What is the nature and value of human life, eschatology and apocalyptic teachings, beliefs about death and beyond and beliefs about the importance of the present life and the afterlife. We were taught them separately because our teacher is one of those really organised, box-y teachers (though also really really good), but they all interlink, which is probably why your teacher's taught it all jumbled up.

We do secular and religious views for everything, as I believe these could come up for any of the topics, though I'm not sure, and this is how it's all structured in my folder and mind.

For secular eschatological views, that was the last thing we finished, so I can tell you all about that! :biggrin:

Secular ideas for eschatology we learned are:
*The Big Crunch
*Oscillating Universe
*Yellowstone volcano
*Meteor hitting the earth
*Sun dying
*Nuclear apocalypse

For secular apocalyptic ideas, we looked at:
*Gauchet's Quandry
*Marxism
*Climate change as a new religion
*Gray
*Pinker
*(And we sort of looked at Nitzche)

However, these are things that your teacher decides to teach you so please do not panic if you don't have the same as me! Although, if you don't know about this then please do let me know! I'm obviously not a teacher or anything, but if you don't have it then I'd be more than happy to share what I have got with you, ie. detail, not just a load of words in a list, but i didn't want to type out stuff I didn't have to :L :smile: I also have loads of stuff on secular views on the afterlife if you still need that?

Are you doing OT as well? The exile, law and wisdom, etc.?
Have you started revision yet?? How's the course going in general?

I'm just so excited to find somebody outside of my class doing this! :L

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by fishfan01
Haha! Somebody else doing this exam! So few people seem to do it. Also, I'm sorry that nobody else replied until now...but you need religious and secular views on all things mentioned; the four topics we've been taught (and I believe tht titles that might be in the exam are: What is the nature and value of human life, eschatology and apocalyptic teachings, beliefs about death and beyond and beliefs about the importance of the present life and the afterlife. We were taught them separately because our teacher is one of those really organised, box-y teachers (though also really really good), but they all interlink, which is probably why your teacher's taught it all jumbled up.

We do secular and religious views for everything, as I believe these could come up for any of the topics, though I'm not sure, and this is how it's all structured in my folder and mind.

For secular eschatological views, that was the last thing we finished, so I can tell you all about that! :biggrin:

Secular ideas for eschatology we learned are:
*The Big Crunch
*Oscillating Universe
*Yellowstone volcano
*Meteor hitting the earth
*Sun dying
*Nuclear apocalypse

For secular apocalyptic ideas, we looked at:
*Gauchet's Quandry
*Marxism
*Climate change as a new religion
*Gray
*Pinker
*(And we sort of looked at Nitzche)

However, these are things that your teacher decides to teach you so please do not panic if you don't have the same as me! Although, if you don't know about this then please do let me know! I'm obviously not a teacher or anything, but if you don't have it then I'd be more than happy to share what I have got with you, ie. detail, not just a load of words in a list, but i didn't want to type out stuff I didn't have to :L :smile: I also have loads of stuff on secular views on the afterlife if you still need that?

Are you doing OT as well? The exile, law and wisdom, etc.?
Have you started revision yet?? How's the course going in general?

I'm just so excited to find somebody outside of my class doing this! :L

Good luck!

LOL at LAST I have found someone on TSR who is doing this exam.

Wow, you have gone into a lot of detail with the secular. Just finished my secular eschatological/apocalyptic notes and this is what I made notes on:
1) Meteorite collision 2) Loss of natural resources 3) Nuclear war/M.A.D

-- that's it! Is that enough? Shall I do more? Plus, I didn't separate eschatological/apocalyptic like you did. I have absolutely heard of nothing under what you wrote "secular apocalyptic" :/

Also having a little trouble with religious views on eschatology/apocalypse. Our teacher didn't give us much info on this unfortunately, we have to research it ourselves :angry:

Can you help me out on Christian views of apocalypse/eschatology? (I use the two interchangeably - you think that will cost me marks?) It's so complicated. I don't know how much detail I should go into it. There are so many diff. interpretations of the Book of Revelations - premillenium, post millenium, post tribulationist etc. etc. (don't know if you are familiar with this? lol)

Anyway.. that's it for now. I need an A in this exam :frown:
Reply 4
Sorry, got so excited I didn't answer your questions lol.

Yes, if you could send any notes/info on secular views on afterlife -- that would be great, if you don't mind. I'd like to see if we are being taught similar things.

We're not doing Old Testament (if you mean for the other part of the course). We're doing World Religions.

I only started revision recently. We haven't even finished the course yet! :frown: So far, not very well. I'm confident on human nature/value. Not so on the other three.
Reply 5
Original post by D0LLxo
LOL at LAST I have found someone on TSR who is doing this exam.

Wow, you have gone into a lot of detail with the secular. Just finished my secular eschatological/apocalyptic notes and this is what I made notes on:
1) Meteorite collision 2) Loss of natural resources 3) Nuclear war/M.A.D

-- that's it! Is that enough? Shall I do more? Plus, I didn't separate eschatological/apocalyptic like you did. I have absolutely heard of nothing under what you wrote "secular apocalyptic" :/

Also having a little trouble with religious views on eschatology/apocalypse. Our teacher didn't give us much info on this unfortunately, we have to research it ourselves :angry:

Can you help me out on Christian views of apocalypse/eschatology? (I use the two interchangeably - you think that will cost me marks?) It's so complicated. I don't know how much detail I should go into it. There are so many diff. interpretations of the Book of Revelations - premillenium, post millenium, post tribulationist etc. etc. (don't know if you are familiar with this? lol)

Anyway.. that's it for now. I need an A in this exam :frown:

I know! I get excited when somebody's talking about philosophy, but they're all separate A levels :frown:

Uhm, tbh, you've probably got plenty for secular ideas; we've been told it will almost definitely not be asked as a whole AO1 question, and that if we are then we probably should go for the other question. I think we were given so much because my teacher says she misses learning new stuff and enjoyed doing the research for us :L But if you do want to do some more, I think that Gouchet's Quandry and Gray add some interesting ideas:

Gouchet's quandry basically says that we can never know what the future will be, so worrying or thinking about it is pointless.
Grey says that big things that humanity is strong and will make it though pretty much anything, as it has done throughout so many things before. An example of this is the cold war; when the Berlin Wall came down, it actually made humanity better. For this, we were told to look at this:
There is also Pinker, who holds an apparently common belief that humanity is gradually progressing (I think the implication of this is that there won't be an apocalypse)

I think it is really important that you can differentiate between eschatological and apocalyptic: eschatological just means the end of life, but apocalyptic means 'revealing' or 'unveiling'. This is often just a genre of writing, but mostly it is about eschatologies, so The Book of Revelation is apocalyptic because it is the unveiling about Christian ideas about eschatology/the end of the world. This is something that took us AAAGES to get :L We've been told to always say this at the beginning of AO1 essays because it shows that you know what you're talking about :smile:

So our secular apocalyptic stuff could be slightly tenuous as being given that title, but it's only a just in case for a horiffic scenario in the exam :smile:

Religious views on the apocalypse: yeah, we've done all of the millenialism stuff, we also did something about Afrikaner Calvinists because they are an example of people who believe the rapture is imminent. Have you done other religions? We have done a little bit on Buddhism and Hinduism, as we have done for everything.

I'm sorry I haven't given too much detail right here, but I could send you an essay from someone in my class that my teacher said was really good - we did them throughout the topic, so it's WAYYY too long for a real exam essay, but it's religious and secular,I think, so it's got loads of detail in it.

There's just so much to remember for all of this, and I wouldn't worry too much - we only just finished the course. I need an A too - so much stress! Did you get an A in your AS? Points to take the pressure off this year?

I do have some notes on the afterlife which I can give you later because I don't have my folder on me right now. Though if we don't have the same stuff for everything then I wouldn't panic because I think the teachers get to choose what they teach :smile: But I've barely started revision, but we've got ages, so it's okay :L This is the only topic I really remember well.

World religions don't happen to teach you about the history of wisdom literature in the ANE do they?
Reply 6

I think it is really important that you can differentiate between eschatological and apocalyptic: eschatological just means the end of life, but apocalyptic means 'revealing' or 'unveiling'. This is often just a genre of writing, but mostly it is about eschatologies, so The Book of Revelation is apocalyptic because it is the unveiling about Christian ideas about eschatology/the end of the world. This is something that took us AAAGES to get :L We've been told to always say this at the beginning of AO1 essays because it shows that you know what you're talking about :smile:

How I understood it was:
Apocalyptic = destruction of world/Earth.
Eschatology = end of human life/Judgement.

So, when I talk about meteorite collisions, nuclear war and such -- what would this come under? Eschatology or Apocalypse?

Religious views on the apocalypse: yeah, we've done all of the millenialism stuff, we also did something about Afrikaner Calvinists because they are an example of people who believe the rapture is imminent. Have you done other religions? We have done a little bit on Buddhism and Hinduism, as we have done for everything

Lol, oh boy. I really don't know how to structure the Christian views. This is literally all I got so far for Christian views:

Contemporary Christian literalists hold that the imagery in the Book of Revelation is prophesising future events that will precede the apocalypse.

The Rapture is the event in which Christ carries the faithful believers off to heaven before the Tribulation. In Thessolanians it says: “And then, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air”.

Millions of Christians believe that the 7 year tribulation is a period that will follow, when those who have not been raised to heaven endure great suffering of famine, war and evil and ruled by the Antichrist. Most mainstream Christians think the doctrine of the tribulation should be regarded as a poetic or symbolic way of describing the eternal conflict between good and evil. However there are many millions who believe the doctrine of the tribulation is a literal and truthful description of what will happen sometime in the future.

In the Book of Revelation, the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are the harbingers of the apocalypse. The first horseman rides a white horse, which scholars sometimes interpret to symbolizes the second coming of Christ; the second horseman rides a red horse and symbolizes the war and bloodshed that will precede his coming; the third rides a black horse and symbolizes famine; and the fourth horseman rides a pale horse and represents pestilence and death. According to prophetic interpretations of the Book of Revelation, these symbolise the signs that will precede Judgement Day as part of the Tribulation.

Christ defeats the Antichrist and will rule the earth for a period of 1,000 years (the Millennium) and that this will be a good time when people accept Christ as King. At the end of this time, Christ will judge the living and the dead (Judgement Day) as they are resurrected. In Acts it is claimed: “He hath appointed a day... in the which he will judge the world”. Thus, Christians have a concept of a Judgement Day at the end of the world wherein both the just and unjust are resurrected and judged.

What else do you think I should add? I've got like a basic structure (I suppose..) I just need to fill it in with more detail. There are so many different intepretations. I was thinking of just focusing on one -- the futuristic intepretation of Revelations. Also, do you think it's important to include all the pre/post millenialism, pre/post-tribulationists?

I'm sorry I haven't given too much detail right here, but I could send you an essay from someone in my class that my teacher said was really good - we did them throughout the topic, so it's WAYYY too long for a real exam essay, but it's religious and secular,I think, so it's got loads of detail in it.

If you could, that would be SO helpful! Thanks :redface:

I got an A last year, just about, I need to get an A in both units this year. Our old R.E teacher passed away this year, so now we have a new teacher, a new unit (course was diff. last year) and not many people know what they're doing :frown:

You haven't started revising? Haha, don't worry you seem like you know your stuff anyway!! :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by D0LLxo
How I understood it was:
Apocalyptic = destruction of world/Earth.
Eschatology = end of human life/Judgement.

So, when I talk about meteorite collisions, nuclear war and such -- what would this come under? Eschatology or Apocalypse?

Uhm, as far as my understanding of the definitions goes, I don't thing that's right :/ I think the eschatology thing is right: eschatology comes from the Greek ta eschata meaning 'the last things', and in the broadest sense means 'discourse about the end' but 'Apocalyptic' derives from the Greek word apocalypsis meaning 'unveiling' or 'revelation and can be devinded as 'revelation, espcieally about the end of the world'; that's what our teacher gave us from the exam board. So I would say that meteorite collisions and nuclear war etc. is eschatological, though if somebody was writing about it as a future idea, it could be apocalyptic, an unveiling about what will happen.

Lol, oh boy. I really don't know how to structure the Christian views. This is literally all I got so far for Christian views:

Contemporary Christian literalists hold that the imagery in the Book of Revelation is prophesising future events that will precede the apocalypse.

The Rapture is the event in which Christ carries the faithful believers off to heaven before the Tribulation. In Thessolanians it says: “And then, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air”.

Millions of Christians believe that the 7 year tribulation is a period that will follow, when those who have not been raised to heaven endure great suffering of famine, war and evil and ruled by the Antichrist. Most mainstream Christians think the doctrine of the tribulation should be regarded as a poetic or symbolic way of describing the eternal conflict between good and evil. However there are many millions who believe the doctrine of the tribulation is a literal and truthful description of what will happen sometime in the future.

In the Book of Revelation, the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are the harbingers of the apocalypse. The first horseman rides a white horse, which scholars sometimes interpret to symbolizes the second coming of Christ; the second horseman rides a red horse and symbolizes the war and bloodshed that will precede his coming; the third rides a black horse and symbolizes famine; and the fourth horseman rides a pale horse and represents pestilence and death. According to prophetic interpretations of the Book of Revelation, these symbolise the signs that will precede Judgement Day as part of the Tribulation.

Christ defeats the Antichrist and will rule the earth for a period of 1,000 years (the Millennium) and that this will be a good time when people accept Christ as King. At the end of this time, Christ will judge the living and the dead (Judgement Day) as they are resurrected. In Acts it is claimed: “He hath appointed a day... in the which he will judge the world”. Thus, Christians have a concept of a Judgement Day at the end of the world wherein both the just and unjust are resurrected and judged.

What else do you think I should add? I've got like a basic structure (I suppose..) I just need to fill it in with more detail. There are so many different intepretations. I was thinking of just focusing on one -- the futuristic intepretation of Revelations. Also, do you think it's important to include all the pre/post millenialism, pre/post-tribulationists?

What you've got looks good - Bible quotes always make you look good :smile: But yeah, more detail is always good. I do think that it's important to reference the ideas of millenialism and tribulationsim (?) because that's quite important detail about different literal understandings of apocalyptic literature.

I'll try to find the thing we were given about Afrikaner Calvinists - it was just a 4 minute video, but it adds a real life aspect to what you're saying. We also learned about some non-literal interpretations. We learned about the symbolism in it - some guy called Beasley-Murray talked about this and said that the 7-headed beast represents Rome (the city of 7 hills and at the time it was written Rome had had 7 heads of state. There's also the final battle - Armageddon - is take from 'al-Megiddo', a place in Israel where many battles had been fought at the point by John's time (John's supposed to have written the Book of Revelation). In the 1st Century BC it was a camp of brutal Roman Ironsides, so to John's mind it would have been the perfect place for a final battle between good and evil, but not god vs. evil, but Christianity vs. Roman Empire. Palmer takes this a bit further and suggests that it was a political polemic, written only to warn people that they must stay with Christianity and not fall for Roman Gods or ways of life. They also say that contemporaries of John would have been very familiar with apocalyptic literature so would have understood these symbols immediately as hyperbolic, much like we understand political cartoons. (don't panic here - I remember this because I just learned it for a timed essay :L

If you could, that would be SO helpful! Thanks :redface:

Uhm, I'm more than happy to do this, but I don't actually know how I should go about this through tsr :L I'm not very technically minded...

I got an A last year, just about, I need to get an A in both units this year. Our old R.E teacher passed away this year, so now we have a new teacher, a new unit (course was diff. last year) and not many people know what they're doing :frown:

Ah, that sucks :frown: I'm sure that it'll be fine :smile:

You haven't started revising? Haha, don't worry you seem like you know your stuff anyway!! :tongue:

I have started revising other stuff! I'm just not that fussed about Philosophy yet :L I'm sure that'll change pretty soon. But OT's much harder to remember so I'm focussing on that first :smile:
Reply 8
I have started revising other stuff! I'm just not that fussed about Philosophy yet :L I'm sure that'll change pretty soon. But OT's much harder to remember so I'm focussing on that first :smile:

Okay, thank-you! I'll do some more research on that

Hm, I don't know how to do it on TSR either :/
Is the essay a Word document? If I pm you my email address, could you attach it to an email and send it?
Reply 9
Original post by D0LLxo
Okay, thank-you! I'll do some more research on that

Hm, I don't know how to do it on TSR either :/
Is the essay a Word document? If I pm you my email address, could you attach it to an email and send it?

Yeah it's a word document, and I've got the thing from Gray from before saved as a file - sorry, I couldn't find it on the internet again - which I could send you? Sounds like a good plan :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah it's a word document, and I've got the thing from Gray from before saved as a file - sorry, I couldn't find it on the internet again - which I could send you? Sounds like a good plan :smile:

Thank you. I'll send you my email in just a sec ^_^
Does anyone have any recommendations of what to read for this exam? We don't have a textbook to revise from, and things like the nature and value of human life are so broad...
Not really, as it's synoptic it means that we have to gather pieces of information from lots of different sources. Any one else struggling with secular views in particular?
I'm hoping for a good question on beliefs in death and life after death as it has never come up before!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jerseymackem
Does anyone have any recommendations of what to read for this exam? We don't have a textbook to revise from, and things like the nature and value of human life are so broad...

You have a textbook! :O

We were just given bits of books to read in class and lots and lots of notes...

How are you feeling about the exam?

Also, what are you thinking might come up? We were told that Eschatology is probably the least likely as it's come up twice before, and that value of life has yet to come up
(edited 11 years ago)
You have a textbook! :O

We were just given bits of books to read in class and lots and lots of notes...

How are you feeling about the exam?

Also, what are you thinking might come up? We were told that Eschatology is probably the least likely as it's come up twice before, and that value of life has yet to come up

No, I said that we DON'T have a textbook :biggrin:

We've just got bits and pieces to read as well, my folder is extremely large but the vast majority is absolute crap :redface:

I'm terrified, it's just that you have so long to write two essays, I'll just run out of things to say in about half an hour!

If the value of life is probably going to come up, I am ****ed. Off to Wikipedia!
Reply 15
Hi just thought I'd join this thread :smile: how're people feeling about the exam tomorrow? I'm hoping eschatology doesn't come up, but feeling generally okay about the other things :smile:
To be honest, quite worried! If my chosen topic comes up, I'll be delighted! Rather dissapointed I didn't study eschatology though, it sounds so interesting!

I'm trying to anticipate what kind of questions are going to come up for A02, I have no idea.

Has anyone got any ideas for what to say if they ask, what are the relevance of religious teachings on death + beyond to today's society? I have a feeling something like that might come up..
Original post by jerseymackem
No, I said that we DON'T have a textbook :biggrin:

We've just got bits and pieces to read as well, my folder is extremely large but the vast majority is absolute crap :redface:

I'm terrified, it's just that you have so long to write two essays, I'll just run out of things to say in about half an hour!

If the value of life is probably going to come up, I am ****ed. Off to Wikipedia!

Ohhh, I was going to be rather angry that we didn't get one then - I need to start reading more carefully :L
I'm sure that it will be fine! If you have a huge folder, then even if it seems like crap then it might be useful in some way? If you say it is, then they can't necessarily deny you the point you've made...
Personally, I quite like the fact that it's two long essays, though, because it gives you enough time to think about it and form a decent structure :smile: And plenty of time to think :L

I don't know about probably, but I'm making sure I look at it again before I go into the exam :smile: Hopefully it will be both religious and secular, though, (whatever the question is) so that I won't have to write about things I'm more wobbly about

Original post by asphodel77
To be honest, quite worried! If my chosen topic comes up, I'll be delighted! Rather dissapointed I didn't study eschatology though, it sounds so interesting!

Did you not do eschatology, then? Was that the only one you didn't do? What is your chosen topic? We only get a choice out of 2 questions, correct?

For me, eschatology is my favourite one because it's really interesting, and I personally find it the most interesting :smile: But now it probably won't come up. Brilliant :L

Original post by SaharaDesert
I'm trying to anticipate what kind of questions are going to come up for A02, I have no idea.

Has anyone got any ideas for what to say if they ask, what are the relevance of religious teachings on death + beyond to today's society? I have a feeling something like that might come up..

Relevance of religious teachings? (Assuming the question was along the lines of assess the claim that religious teachings on death and beyond are irrelevant to society in the 21st Century)
Well you could start with the stereotypical view that we live in an increasingly secular society - church attendance goes down week on week, and those who claim to be religious are far more liberal than they used to be - apparently Richard Dawkins recently interviewed a couple of throusand people who had declared themselves as Christians and only 35% of them knew that Matthew was the first book of the NT.
HOWEVER, in the 2001 census, 72% of people did identify themselves as Christian. Therefore, if it still applies to some, it is wrong to suggest that they are irrelevant.

Erm, I think I would start with the fact that lots of Christian teachings talk about the signs of the end of the world being the degradation of society, and part of that is lack of belief in religion, so even if people don't realise that it's relevant, it could still be relevant. Alisdair McGrath said that if heaven is an illusion 'it must be abandoned as misleading and deceitful', but if it is true then 'it must be embraced and allowed to transfigure our entire understanding of the place of suffering in life'. So if you follow this, then we must continue to embrace it in order to achieve it. Just because it might seem that many might not does not mean that others should not aim for it. Also, the idea that Christians see their God as eternal.

But then maybe you could talk about critics of religious attitudes towards death? So Hitchens said that Christianity(/religion - i'm not sure) was a 'cult of death' and so its apparent obsession with it seems to be a bad thing for society? (quite a common view amongst athiests), but then you could talk about Marx (belief in LAD is an important 'opium' to numb the suffering of the working classes'). Moreover, Kant (the whole 'moral order of the world would collapse without belief in an afterlife'). Therefore, it seems that without belief in it, society could not function very well (maybe mention Gouchet's pocket and how there will always be pockets of religion because it gives people hope and something to hang on to). You could also maybe talk about the Sea of Faith and Reverend David Patterson: they say that they know that God does not exist, but it brings comfort, as does belief in the afterlife - so even if it doesn't exist, it can help people. You could also mention that religion and the idea of going to a better place is something many talk about when loved ones die - I think its about 10% of people regularly attend church, but 90% have religion aspect to their funeral.

Maybe then you could go on to eastern thought - the idea of rebirth and the Samsara within Buddhism is often seen as ridiculous within modern society and irrelevant to a modern scientific world where you are a monistic physical being, made of 'bytes and bytes and bytes of digital information' (dawkins) and this idea is made totally redundant by modern technology. But then you could counteract it with not only the fact that hundreds of thousands believe in it world over, therefore it's not irrelevant. Moreover, Professor Ian Stevenson's research into it, as seen in his book '20 cases suggestive of reincarnation' is quite officially scientific and although many have questioned it, there has been nothing which has totally disproved it as yet.

You could then go on to talk about near death experiences, maybe and you can draw many parallels between the experiences of those interviewed by Professor Moody and Christian ideas about what happens after death. So the ideas are still relevant, even if they're not totally tied to the religion.

Uhm, tbh, that's quite a lot. So then, the conclusion (remember - you can't get above 19/20 if you don't have a conclusion!)
So firstly I would say that although it may SEEM irrelevant to some, its far too sweeping to suggest that it's irrelevant to society, firstly because it's still important to the millions of religious believers across the world, and many who turn to such ideas, even though they might not normally identify themselves as religious and find comfort in such ideas.

Sorry that's quite long, and you probs won't have done all of the same people/ideas as me, but I hope that helps a bit :smile:
Fishfan01 - WOW , you have a lot of information! I'm relying on my perfect 45 mark to get me the bulk of my grade for this module as I'm awful at A02!

We only covered nature and value and death and life after death thoroughly and importance briefly, so I'm out of luck of importance and eschatology comes up! Fingers crossed for death and life after death because it hasn't come up yet, and i definitely have the most to write about this!

Anyone know if it would be risky to write about 1 religion in depth with occasional reference to others? I have mostly breadth of secular perspectives too :frown:

Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply