The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cab12
Am I the only one that is genuinely not excited by Lesnar's return? I don't get why he has all this hype and admiration. I just can't stand him and I hope he isn't fighting every week!!!!

Yeah, you're the only one.
Original post by cab12
Am I the only one that is genuinely not excited by Lesnar's return? I don't get why he has all this hype and admiration. I just can't stand him and I hope he isn't fighting every week!!!!

Original post by Roy064
Guess I am the only one that dislikes Daniel Bryan.

Well he's doing his job then #heel
Reply 6143
Original post by cab12

You're going to be in the significant minority for 3 reasons:

1) He was a major asset first time round: He was massive AND athletic, and he had an amateur wrestling background. He was good at being all 3, which meant he had the background of Angle mixed with the size of Big Show (who failed to be what WWE wanted him to be) and the athleticism of a cruiserweight.

It's such a shame that he botched his shooting star press at WrestleMania. He rushed it, normally he hits it superbly (there's a RAW dark match on Youtube of him doing it. The crowd is like "OHHHHHHHH... whatdidijustsee?!").

2) He proved he actually can fight rather than 'pretend fight' by becoming UFC champion in 4 fights. Crazy.

3) He returned by wiping the smirk and cheesiness off John Cena's face.

Original post by FreakyStyley
Well he's doing his job then #heel

This isn't Twitter, foo'.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6144
Original post by nonotrly

Exactly what sprung to my mind when I saw that lol.
Original post by FreakyStyley
Really? That was a terrible Wrestlemania match. Potentially the most disappointing ever.

You've clearly never endured WrestleMania 2, IX or XI then.

The most disappointing WrestleMania match for me has to be Bret vs Shawn at XII. The build was amazing, the entrances were amazing, for 60 minutes it was ridiculously boring and nothing happened, then the last 2 minutes of the match and the celebration were amazing. If you watch the whole hour it's so underwhelming.
Possibly the best part of Mania

Original post by Kenan and Kel

He was also brilliant at selling moves at Elimination Chamber when he was getting thrown all over the place. As much as I love what he does I do fear that he will get seriously hurt one of these days.
Original post by nonotrly

Original post by f1mad
Exactly what sprung to my mind when I saw that lol.

Was a reference to Dolph Ziggler...
Reply 6149
I wonder if WWE have figured yet that faces and heels don't exist any more (not at WWE's level anyway). Cena should be face, Daniel Bryan should be heel, but they could just treat it as it is without shoehorning either into a 'typical goodie' or 'typical bad guy' role.
Look at the heels they have and how they book them. Now I'm not a fan of how HHH had runs through 2003/2004 where he dominated guys and virtually put no-one over through his own political advantages, but look at how he was as a heel and how he was a legit bad ass. On his own, he could get the job done even if he was with a stable or spent most of his time with stables. When it came to those matches where he was 1 on 1, he would still win them without having to get disqualified or counted out. Such as his matches with HBK, Kevin Nash etc (Have to admit tho, Raw was pretty damn boring for those years but only because the only talent he had to go against was the likes of Steiner/Nash when really he should have put guys like Kane and RVD over instead.

Then look at how they buid heels nowadays, MIZ didn't win any of his matches clean in his reign, Daniel Bryan won most his matches during his reign in the same way. Its been a long time, since WWE have had a legit badass that gets the job done. The way mark henry was booked last year in his title reign, is how you should correctly book certain heels (monsters) They need more heels like that, not cowardly ones like Bryan, Miz, Del Rio etc.
WWE needs to realise that not every heel at a main event level has to be a coward.
I want guys like ziggler to be pushed but guys like him and rhodes (alot down to their build as smaller guys) would just simply become coward main eventers which makes me think whats the point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Original post by TheMagicRat
He was also brilliant at selling moves at Elimination Chamber when he was getting thrown all over the place. As much as I love what he does I do fear that he will get seriously hurt one of these days.

His latest sell on Raw, that headbut from Brodus Clay.

I love Dolph, he'l be a big star very soon. Punk Dolph Bryan Jericho would be a great survivor series fatal fourway, perhaps with Dolph turning face.
Original post by rickjames
His latest sell on Raw, that headbut from Brodus Clay.

I love Dolph, he'l be a big star very soon. Punk Dolph Bryan Jericho would be a great survivor series fatal fourway, perhaps with Dolph turning face.

All this Wrestlemania hype et al has got me thinking. Who would you rank as the top 20 wrestlers of all time? I was procrastinating again so I thought I'd draw my own plist of my personal top 20. See if you agree with my picks and tell me if you do or if you don't (and why) and perhaps offer your own rankings.

Here it goes.

The top 20 pro wrestlers of all time according to Gridiron-Gangster:

1) Joint between Hulk Hogan/The Rock
2) The Undertaker
3) Bret 'The Hitman' Hart
4) Shawn Michaels
5)Stone Cold Steve Austin
6) Ric Flair/Sting joint
7) Triple H
8) Macho Man Randy Savage
9)Mick Foley
10) Bill Goldberg
11) Adam Copeland aka Edge
12) Eddie Guererro
13) John Cena
14) Chris Jericho
15) Andre the Giant
16) Brun Samartino (google him)
17) Rey Mysterio Jr
18) Kevin Nash
19) Iron Sheik
20) Ultimate Warrior

Those who just missed out: British Bulldog, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Curt Henning, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Gorgeous George, Classy Freddie Blassie, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Psycho Sid/Sid Justice/Sid Viscious, Ron Simmons, Chris Benoit (yeah I would rank him).
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
All this Wrestlemania hype et al has got me thinking. Who would you rank as the top 20 wrestlers of all time? I was procrastinating again so I thought I'd draw my own plist of my personal top 20. See if you agree with my picks and tell me if you do or if you don't (and why) and perhaps offer your own rankings.

Here it goes.

The top 20 pro wrestlers of all time according to Gridiron-Gangster:

1) Joint between Hulk Hogan/The Rock
2) The Undertaker
3) Bret 'The Hitman' Hart
4) Shawn Michaels
5)Stone Cold Steve Austin
6) Ric Flair/Sting joint
7) Triple H
8) Macho Man Randy Savage
9)Mick Foley
10) Bill Goldberg
11) Adam Copeland aka Edge
12) Eddie Guererro
13) John Cena
14) Chris Jericho
15) Andre the Giant
16) Brun Samartino (google him)
17) Rey Mysterio Jr
18) Kevin Nash
19) Iron Sheik
20) Ultimate Warrior

Those who just missed out: British Bulldog, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Curt Henning, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Gorgeous George, Classy Freddie Blassie, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Psycho Sid/Sid Justice/Sid Viscious, Ron Simmons, Chris Benoit (yeah I would rank him).

It's really hard to make just one list I think, I could kinda break my favourites down into those that are just great wrestlers and those that are the most entertaining. I'll try and combine them though! This will take some thinking about.

Here's the 20 best that I've seen. Not necessarily the biggest draws with the mainstream audience (eg Hogan isn't on the list because I find him very dull):

1) Stone Cold Steve Austin
2) The Rock
3) The 4 Horsemen
4) Shawn Michaels
5) The Undertaker
6) Mankind
7) Terry Funk
8) Chris Jericho
9) Sabu
10) The Road Warriors
11) Dusty Rhodes
12) Edge
13) Triple H
14) Ricky Steamboat
15) The Great Muta
16) Brian Pillman
17) Vader
18) Eddie Guerrero Jr.
19) Roddy Piper
20) Mr Perfect
The big news today: Impact Wrestling has been renewed until October 2014 by MTV Networks. :smile:
Anyone else think that in recent years Raw seems have to have a disproportionate amount of more talented superstars and storylines and their show seems to always be the headline at Wrestlemania?
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Anyone else think that in recent years Raw seems have to have a disproportionate amount of more talented superstars and storylines and their show seems to always be the headline at Wrestlemania?

Absolutely, and it should. Raw is the flagship of World Wrestling Entertainment, it draws 5 million viewers on average every week and it's live. Smackdown is a secondary show with about half the audience.

A lot of the times SmackDown is actually the better wrestling show though because Vince doesn't interfere with it the way he does with Raw. The top level of WWE management don't give two ****s about Smackdown as long as it maintains its audience and because of that at times we've seen a great product over there.
Reply 6158
I really want to see Brock Lesnar v Dolph Ziggler

Dam imagine how Ziggler would sell the belly to belly and the F5!
:yeah:
Reply 6159
I want to see Brock Lesnar vs Little Bastard.

Not Hornswoggle. Little Bastard.

I would pay. With money.

Latest