The Student Room Group

Which group is less appreciated: Asian Men or Black women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alek Wek is an example of a black woman that gets **** thrown in her direction.
Reply 21
Original post by Kiss
I think I know who's more appreciated between:

and

:colone:

You're everything that is wrong with this planet. Assuming that the Asian guy really is as smart as he looks he is probably 1000000000000000000 times more useful than Rihannas pretty ass will ever be, you know by doing actual useful stuff like trying to cure cancer, fixing the economy, building better computers and software etc.
Original post by Newbie123
"Aesthetically"

Wasn't there when I posted

also, see sig
Original post by sexbo
You're everything that is wrong with this planet. Assuming that the Asian guy really is as smart as he looks he is probably 1000000000000000000 times more useful than Rihannas pretty ass will ever be, you know by doing actual useful stuff like trying to cure cancer, fixing the economy, building better computers and software etc.

Glasses + Asian doesn't = smart :rofl:

Quit stereotyping. Stereotypes (whether they are negative or positive) help to perpetuate racism. The reason the post you responded to was ridiculous is because I could just as easily have posted a picture of a hot Asian guy and an ugly black woman to argue to opposite way.

That photo's so unbelievably photo shopped 0.0 it's creepy..
Reply 25
Original post by SleepySheep
Glasses + Asian doesn't = smart :rofl:

Quit stereotyping. Stereotypes (whether they are negative or positive) help to perpetuate racism. The reason the post you responded to was ridiculous is because I could just as easily have posted a picture of a hot Asian guy and an ugly black woman to argue to opposite way.

That's why I said "assuming". I.e ASSUMING that the OP was trying to portray an image of a smart Asian guy vs a good looking black woman....

Read the post properly before you reply next time.
Reply 26
Oh, fair enough :tongue: I thought you meant you'd actually heard people saying those things. The media, internet, etc definitely perpetuates those stereotypes. I went with black women just because there's more pressure on women to be beautiful than men. Almost every single famous black woman is light skinned, so it must be hard being dark skinned when light skinned women are idealised so much.

Try being an Oriental guy growing up in the UK and being into white girls.
Reply 27
Original post by Mr Smurf

Instead of complaining, why don't you just keep trying. You are born how you are, there is no way of changing it; if you say there's no way I can get white girls, then of course there's no bloody way you can. Girls love confidence, and it seems you lack any kind of it, so maybe there's your problem.
I don't know- black women definitely not, but Asian men too?
Too hard a choice.
Original post by sexbo
That's why I said "assuming". I.e ASSUMING that the OP was trying to portray an image of a smart Asian guy vs a good looking black woman....

Read the post properly before you reply next time.

Rofl I did read your post properly, it was hilarious. You decided that this guy might be discovering a way to cure cancer because he's Asian and has glasses.

Really? I thought it was goofy looking Asian guy vs good looking black woman :dontknow: You can't assume someone's smart based on a picture. Well, unless it's a picture of them holding up a degree in nuclear physics or something.

Oriental guys are hot, stop whining :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by Newbie123
Aesthetically, which group is less appreciated (at least by mainstream media)?

Now, I'm not implying they're ugly or anything like that; beauty occurs in every race but I've heard some vicious remarks about these two groups in society more than other groups.

Vote on the poll & comment if you wanna.

BTW, by black women I mean those with relatively dark complexion (so not Beyonce) just thought I'd clarify seeing as Africa is a vast continent with all sorts of different facial features & skin tones.

I don't ever hear any vicious remarks towards me here in the Netherlands - I am a South Asian male. In fact, I think they bend over backwards for me; I was hired here with far less qualifications than my Dutch counteparts, and have been able to secure interviews etc. with Dutch firms who would be very unlikely to meet someone with a similar lack of qualifications but who was of a Dutch background.

I just realized you mentioned 'aesthetically' - again, I haven't noticed any outright hostility by Dutch men/Dutch women towards me. None have commented on my appearance with the exception of the standard 'mooie haar' which some of the women will say to me.

Also, Asia is a more vast continent than Africa with all sorts of different facial features and skin tones (maybe slightly more so than Africa - definitely more so than Europe). But Africa is more genetically diverse.
Reply 32
By Asian do you mean Oriental or South Asian?

If you mean Oriental guys, then I would say its us. :sadnod:

Not in the Netherlands.
Original post by sexbo

I can see that you are trying to say nice things about others, but you are just as stupid as those who stereotype.
Reply 34

If you mean Oriental guys, then I would say its us. :sadnod:

I knew you'd say this lol.
Reply 35
I'm assuming you mean dark skinned black women?

Both, I guess. I've never heard vicious remarks about either to be honest (maybe get some nicer friends?), but I think both are under represented/poorly represented in the media.

Might this just be because there aren't that many of them?
Reply 36
Original post by Ilyas
the OP meant black skintone, not ethnicity.

very dark brown :smile:
Nobody has a right to discuss this to be honest.

If you were to live in Africa of course black women worn be seen as less privileged. The same applies to Asian men who live elsewhere than the western world.

This thread is absorb and irrational. If you wanted to make some sense why don't you mention in the "UK Alone" rather than not implying anything?

P.S why are gingers not in the poll?
Reply 38
Original post by digestives
Instead of complaining, why don't you just keep trying. You are born how you are, there is no way of changing it; if you say there's no way I can get white girls, then of course there's no bloody way you can. Girls love confidence, and it seems you lack any kind of it, so maybe there's your problem.

Its easy to say just keep trying, but its rejection after rejection. I never see any other Oriental guys with white girlfriend either.

Why did I get attention from Oriental girls if that is the main problem?
Original post by Kiss
I think I know who's more appreciated between:

and

:colone:

OP is referring asian man and black women not blokes with their face painted and mixed photoshoped girs.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest