The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6080
Had my oje this morning, and my bm phoned me just now to tell me that I'd passed it and I'm now officially a trainee shift manager! They said I need to improve on chicken, but they were impressed with me everywhere else so they let it slide :p: I'm just glad I don't need to go through it again!
Original post by jcameron93
Hi, i got a job at the arniston centre mcdonalds and went for the welcome meeting on monday the 26th of march, i was told i would be called with my shifts but its over 2 weeks later and i've still not heard anything.

The manager that did the welcome meeting gave everyone her number to ring if they have any problems but everytime i have tryed calling there has been no answer, ive also tryed checking mctime but it says my email isnt registered with that stores HR department :/ can anyone help me?

I had mine on Tuesday and was meant to get my shifts then, but she explained the uniform company is in administration at the moment so they didn't have any in stock and it can take a week or two for the uniform to arrive. If you weren't given yours already this may be affecting it?

Are the new uniforms going to be actioned quite soon or is it still being finalised? I feel bad having the old uniform ordered if it's going to be changed in a couple weeks!
Reply 6082
Original post by hallucinated
I had mine on Tuesday and was meant to get my shifts then, but she explained the uniform company is in administration at the moment so they didn't have any in stock and it can take a week or two for the uniform to arrive. If you weren't given yours already this may be affecting it?

Are the new uniforms going to be actioned quite soon or is it still being finalised? I feel bad having the old uniform ordered if it's going to be changed in a couple weeks!

Pah! I doubt Alexandra would be in administration. They supply uniforms to pretty much everyone.
The new uniform will be rolling out to stores at the end of the year so you've still got a fair few months of wear for your one :tongue: when your store gets it in ... :rolleyes:
Original post by jcameron93
Hi, i got a job at the arniston centre mcdonalds and went for the welcome meeting on monday the 26th of march, i was told i would be called with my shifts but its over 2 weeks later and i've still not heard anything.

The manager that did the welcome meeting gave everyone her number to ring if they have any problems but everytime i have tryed calling there has been no answer, ive also tryed checking mctime but it says my email isnt registered with that stores HR department :/ can anyone help me?

I'm in pretty much the same position. A woman from the store rang on Monday the 26th, explaining there had been issues with the uniform and that I should get my shifts at the start of this week, but I've heard nothing.

I might ring the store later to see what's going on. :confused:
Reply 6084
This new veggie patty is going to be interesting. Will be annoying when the fry vats are full and you need to put a veggie down! Have to wear melt resistant gloves to handle the frozen patties as well. It's good to have a vegetarian sandwich option available, although I'm not sure how popular it'll be. We currently sell no more than 5 veggies a day.

Original post by Stacks
Pah! I doubt Alexandra would be in administration. They supply uniforms to pretty much everyone.
The new uniform will be rolling out to stores at the end of the year so you've still got a fair few months of wear for your one :tongue: when your store gets it in ... :rolleyes:

They were a while back, not sure what happened.
Reply 6085
Original post by tm00131
This new veggie patty is going to be interesting. Will be annoying when the fry vats are full and you need to put a veggie down! Have to wear melt resistant gloves to handle the frozen patties as well. It's good to have a vegetarian sandwich option available, although I'm not sure how popular it'll be. We currently sell no more than 5 veggies a day.

Curse my half-assed attempt at Google-ing. Still seems odd that they could even enter administration. All of my employers have used Alexander for uniforms :biggrin:

Not sure why they're insisting on the melt resistant gloves to handle the patty. Did you also know you're supposed to wear gloves when making the current delis ?
Reply 6086
Original post by Stacks
Not sure why they're insisting on the melt resistant gloves to handle the patty. Did you also know you're supposed to wear gloves when making the current delis ?

I imagine the veggie gloves is to make it 100% vegetarian as when you load chicken baskets your handling chicken. But then your still dressing the veggie deluxe and veggie delis. Never seen anywhere about wearing gloves for delis, where have you found that out?
Reply 6087
Original post by tm00131
I imagine the veggie gloves is to make it 100% vegetarian as when you load chicken baskets your handling chicken. But then your still dressing the veggie deluxe and veggie delis. Never seen anywhere about wearing gloves for delis, where have you found that out?

Well I'd have thought that too, but surely clear gloves would be a more sensible choice.

And it was on those station training build card things (can't remember what they're called >_< but they're not the build cards you get that you stick up on the wall) but we have a flip book of them in kitchen. Basically shows you how to dress and make anything. I only noticed because I was looking at the new veggie card and saw that the (chicken) deli card said you were meant to wear gloves.

edit
Admittedly that might have been old procedure to wear gloves (maybe when the chicken came in raw?) saw a video on ourlounge for new starts (whilst lookig for the name of those cards!) that showed you the staff in kitchen in the old black uniforms and they were all wearing gloves.
(edited 12 years ago)
And I'm back down at one shift, least it's a close :/ Shall have to speak to schedule manager again *facepalm*
Reply 6089
Hi all,

Stumbled across this thread whilst doing some googling.

I recently applied for the Trainee Business Manager position in my area and after a successful final interview was told by the top dog that he would love to have me onboard.

I know its Easter weekend, but I just checked my online page to see if my status had changed and now the application has disappeared :frown: Is that to be expected? I'm waiting for some info on the next welcome meeting, apparently held @ Head Office in London, so I can start sorting out childcare for my son!

Any info would be appreciated :smile:

Lily-May
Reply 6090
Original post by tm00131

That might explain why our store's order for new uniforms months back just never turned up despite record saying so..

Original post by Stacks
Well I'd have thought that too, but surely clear gloves would be a more sensible choice.

And it was on those station training build card things (can't remember what they're called >_< but they're not the build cards you get that you stick up on the wall) but we have a flip book of them in kitchen. Basically shows you how to dress and make anything. I only noticed because I was looking at the new veggie card and saw that the (chicken) deli card said you were meant to wear gloves.

edit
Admittedly that might have been old procedure to wear gloves (maybe when the chicken came in raw?) saw a video on ourlounge for new starts (whilst lookig for the name of those cards!) that showed you the staff in kitchen in the old black uniforms and they were all wearing gloves.

Station guides? You did have to wear gloves when we had the deli station years ago, but you only need to wear them now when preparing presets.
Reply 6091
Original post by Ronda
Station guides? You did have to wear gloves when we had the deli station years ago, but you only need to wear them now when preparing presets.

That's the one! :tongue: Totally shows how up to date my store keeps with these things (not that anyone did wear gloves to make them).
I think we still have signs telling us holding times for the henny penny cabinet too.
I saw a shift manager in my local store wearing the new uniform on thursday. I've seen the photos but it looked even more weird in real life - he looked like he'd just walked out of an office in the 70s :teehee:
Hi guys :smile: I've been working at McD's for exactly 3 weeks now (well, 3 weeks and 1 day, technically :wink:), which is, as far as I can remember, the "probation period". No one's mentioned whether I passed the probation or not, but given that I've been given my hours for next week (plus a few extra ones on top :rolleyes: ), do you reckon it's safe to assume that they do want to keep me? I still make way too many mistakes and am loads slower than everyone else working there, despite having worked full-time (ish) for 3 weeks, so I'm really paranoid they're going to fire me :colondollar:
Original post by calendarhead
Hi guys :smile: I've been working at McD's for exactly 3 weeks now (well, 3 weeks and 1 day, technically :wink:), which is, as far as I can remember, the "probation period". No one's mentioned whether I passed the probation or not, but given that I've been given my hours for next week (plus a few extra ones on top :rolleyes: ), do you reckon it's safe to assume that they do want to keep me? I still make way too many mistakes and am loads slower than everyone else working there, despite having worked full-time (ish) for 3 weeks, so I'm really paranoid they're going to fire me :colondollar:

Don't worry about it, I've been there since August (part time) and I'm still really slow compared to everyone else :/ and well, I never got told either so I'd guess that it's fine :smile:
Reply 6095
Original post by calendarhead

To be honest, they're not going to fire you unless you are really bad, like always late, no showing, being caught giving out free food, stuff like that. It's expected for you to be kinda slow, you've only been there 3 weeks!
Just got accepted at the McDonalds in Westfields Stratford City :biggrin:
Orientation's on Sunday.

It'll be my first job, bit worried about how busy it'll be... I applied to a couple quieter ones with no luck, hopefully wont take me too long to get used to it though.

Anyway, I was wondering what the hourly pay is for over 18s? I didn't really want to ask in the interview aha :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6097
Original post by InsaneFandom

ooh I applied there as well. Still waiting to hear back from them, ahhhh
Reply 6098
Original post by InsaneFandom
Orientation's on Sunday.

It'll be my first job, bit worried about how busy it'll be... I applied to a couple quieter ones with no luck, hopefully wont take me too long to get used to it though.

Anyway, I was wondering what the hourly pay is for over 18s? I didn't really want to ask in the interview aha :p:

Starting rate for 18-20 years is £5.00

Good luck!
Original post by Ronda
Starting rate for 18-20 years is £5.00

Good luck!

My contract was for £6.10 an hour.

In other news, a woman from the store called and said the uniform problems have been resolved and I can get my first shift soon! Hooray!

Latest

Trending

Trending