Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to link a DS to Wii? (for Pokemon)

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for round two of the Game of the Year Award! 28-11-2014
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How does the Nintendo DS link to the Wii?

I already have Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii and am thinking about buying a DS and one of the portable versions to link to it. Which model of the DS console should I get? (DS/DSi/DSi Lite/3DS/3DSi - there are so many different DS consoles it is ridiculously confusing!)

Also, do all of the Pokemon games play on all of the DS consoles? Or do the most recent ones (Black and White) only play on the most recent consoles? (3DS)

Also, are the 3D graphics on the 3DS as bad as people say? Can it not be turned off in order to save batteries and stop your eyes getting sore?

Thanks in advance and I will give rep for any helpful replies
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, the DS line is discontinued now. The 3DS is a completely different handheld and is the replacement that happens to be backwards compatible with DS games. All DS games play on the 3DS, but the DS won't play 3DS games.

As for compatibility with PBR, they should all work identically. Maybe there'd be an issue with the 3DS, but I can't really see why!

You'll be able to get a DS lite pretty cheap these days second hand, I'd imagine though and if all you want to do is play Pokemon then that's probably the best idea.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prakashpatel4579)
    How does the Nintendo DS link to the Wii?

Through wireless link up, not sure what type though.

I already have Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii and am thinking about buying a DS and one of the portable versions to link to it. Which model of the DS console should I get? (DS/DSi/DSi Lite/3DS/3DSi - there are so many different DS consoles it is ridiculously confusing!)

Really doesn't matter which, though 3DS will have the most compatibility with games i.e DS, DSiWare, 3DS games and stuff off the eShop.

Also, do all of the Pokemon games play on all of the DS consoles? Or do the most recent ones (Black and White) only play on the most recent consoles? (3DS)

Assuming you mean the DS ones, yes they will all work on every DS. However, Black/White have extra features available if you play them on DSi onwards such as Camera support and extra Wi-Fi security options (WPA)

Also, are the 3D graphics on the 3DS as bad as people say? Can it not be turned off in order to save batteries and stop your eyes getting sore?

Personally, having only tried out demo units, it takes getting used to and won't be for everyone, but I'm fine with it about 3/4 of the way for most games and a few on full blast. You can turn it off, the slider to the right of the screen allows you to control the amount of 3D you get.
    Hope this helps you out

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.