Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which American Football team should I support?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to get into American Football more and I thought the best way to start would be by supporting a team, however I don't know which one to follow. I don't live in the US and so can't "support my local team" and I don't have many close relatives so I could possible support theirs. Can you guys help me pick the right team to support please.

Thank you
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is just to start watching and let a favourite team emerge organically. Normally picking a half decent team with a reasonable passing game makes for an enjoyable time as a fan, but pre-selecting that is kinda cheating.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I chose mine based on playing an old Madden game on my GameBoy - ended up rooting for the Buccaneers who went on to win a Superbowl.

They've faded away again recently though. :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Best thing to do is just to start watching and let a favourite team emerge organically. Normally picking a half decent team with a reasonable passing game makes for an enjoyable time as a fan, but pre-selecting that is kinda cheating.
    What do you mean? Just watch a load of different games and see which team like watching?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    What do you mean? Just watch a load of different games and see which team like watching?
    Yep, or like marcusmerehay said play some Madden and decide on that.

Or just support the Atlanta Falcons.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, quite often if you pick a team right at the start for no good reason, you will end up changing your mind later on anyway when you find a team you prefer.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    First place I went to in America was Minnesota, I therefore automatically favour the Vikings. They're not a good team though but there is a fantastic vibe around the team and the literally everyone in the state supports their team.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched a documentry on the NY Giants on Sky Sports one random night and instantly decided they were the team I was going to support. I don't follow NFL much, but when I do I always cheer on the Giants. Not a great way of choosing a NFL team to support, but Eli Manning is an amazing quarterback!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Supporting a team is overrated. If you only watch the games on Sky you could end up barely seeing your chosen team all season. If anything support a college team because if you want to watch them you probably have to stream it anyway so you can choose. I don't watch college much though.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pick up a copy of madden. Try doing a franchise with a few different teams and see which team feels right.

Worked for me. Four years on and I'm still I diehard Denver Bronco.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    la raiders because theyre gangsta and ice cube and dr dre used to wear raider hats.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Supported the Patriots but i also love the Bengals. I choose them because the Patriots were the first team i ever saw live. Going to go see them again this year i cant wait! You could choose a team by putting them all in a hat and pulling it out :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like Chicago...... I like bears...... And they have a pretty uniform! That's how I chose them a couple of years ago. As luck had it they came to wembley last year so I got to go and see them win. It was awesome.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's how I decided on the Cowboys. And then watched them descend into awfulness.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.