Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This may give motivation to some skinny ectos.(Pics)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to show you don't need to add tons of weight to go from looking unhealthy to looking more normal ish. Weight in first pic 64kg. Weight in second pic. 70kg.

Time difference between the two pics is one year (same mirror) I didn't make as much progress as i liked because i spent the majority of that year olympic weight lifting before i started bodybuilding in October.

By no means big, i still see myself as skinny, but finding an old picture made me realise that i do look different, so even if you don't see it now, keep it going and it'll come. Oh yeah and i know 'strong tats' saving up for sleeve.

Good luck.

in4 long johns

Feb 2011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35buues.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	139943

March 2012
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dfzurt.jpg 
Views:	1027 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	139945
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had my before picture when I was 70kg . I don't buy into the whole somatype stuff. Like I know skinny kids who have gained faster than bigger kids and vice versa.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    SO how did you do this then? Lol. Good work man :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    I wish I had my before picture when I was 70kg . I don't buy into the whole somatype stuff. Like I know skinny kids who have gained faster than bigger kids and vice versa.
    I think in my opinion if you have a very 'ecto' looking frame (i don't personally believe in the somatypes strictly) but its easy to refer to it like this ; you need to add a fair bit of muscle to take you from looking unhealthy to looking normal, where as other builds don't need as much work to do this. If you get what i mean. Who ever gains faster after that point is down to many variables.

Think the best way for people with frames like mine to get a healthy looking base to build on is to increase width of shoulders and lats.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binkles)
    I think in my opinion if you have a very 'ecto' looking frame (i don't personally believe in the somatypes strictly) but its easy to refer to it like this ; you need to add a fair bit of muscle to take you from looking unhealthy to looking normal, where as other builds don't need as much work to do this. If you get what i mean. Who ever gains faster after that point is down to many variables.

Think the best way for people with frames like mine to get a healthy looking base to build on is to increase width of shoulders and lats.
    Yeah I know what you mean!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knoxuk)
    SO how did you do this then? Lol. Good work man :cool:
    Cheers man.

Well my training has been so frantic as i've switched from oly lifting to bodybuilding, so it's hard to say what i actually did lol. But a few things i've learn't are.

-Lats, delts and traps are the most important muscle groups if you want to look wider. So it's crucial you learn how to train these muscle groups properly, and never neglect them.
    -Form. I never realised until i joined a gym of professional body builders that my form was actually pretty bad. I also didn't realise how much difference good form made, and how isolating properly through good form, effects growth a lot. Find someone who knows what they are doing, watch them lift and copy it.
    -Food ; eating dirty is not the way forward, and eating more calories than you need is pointless. Eating cleaner and bulking slower is far superior
    -Weight ; don't focus on the scales focus on the mirror. The scales are deceiving and don't give a proper indication of how you are progressing. You should only weigh yourself after long periods of time eg every 4 months or so.

Anything else such as what routine, what diet etc is just standard knowledge which you can find in the sticky's.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers man.

Well my training has been so frantic as i've switched from oly lifting to bodybuilding, so it's hard to say what i actually did lol. But a few things i've learn't are.

-Lats, delts and traps are the most important muscle groups if you want to look wider. So it's crucial you learn how to train these muscle groups properly, and never neglect them.
    -Form. I never realised until i joined a gym of professional body builders that my form was actually pretty bad. I also didn't realise how much difference good form made, and how isolating properly through good form, effects growth a lot. Find someone who knows what they are doing, watch them lift and copy it.
    -Food ; eating dirty is not the way forward, and eating more calories than you need is pointless. Eating cleaner and bulking slower is far superior
    -Weight ; don't focus on the scales focus on the mirror. The scales are deceiving and don't give a proper indication of how you are progressing. You should only weigh yourself after long periods of time eg every 4 months or so.

Anything else such as what routine, what diet etc is just standard knowledge which you can find in the sticky's.
    By oly lifting do you mean you were doing a powerlifting programme?

Did it include things like power clean, clean and press, clean and jerk and power snatch etc..?

And good job btw. Nice gains.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    By oly lifting do you mean you were doing a powerlifting programme?

Did it include things like power clean, clean and press, clean and jerk and power snatch etc..?

And good job btw. Nice gains.
    Thanks man. Oh and fyi power lifting and olympic lifting are two different sports.

And yes, i was doing olympic lifting, so the main lifts are clean and jerk and the snatch, but also did various variations eg power snatch, snatch grip dead lifts, push presses, so on. I think my shoulders and traps grew a lot from oly lifting,which is why they dominate my body.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ecto? Please, you were already in good shape in the first pic. You just got in better shape.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Ecto? Please, you were already in good shape in the first pic. You just got in better shape.
    Are you serious? I look like im about to die in the first pic. But actually that wasn't even me before i started lifting, when the first pic was taken i had already messed around with starting strength for a while.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? I look like im about to die in the first pic. But actually that wasn't even me before i started lifting, when the first pic was taken i had already messed around with starting strength for a while.
    Perfectly. I'm a much better example of an ecto than you were. You had some muscle definition even if it isn't at the same level as you have now. Without an older pic it's hard to tell but I can think of plenty of people who were/are skinnier. When I think of an ecto I think of someone who is all skin and bone, someone who has no muscle tone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Perfectly. I'm a much better example of an ecto than you were. You had some muscle definition even if it isn't at the same level as you have now. Without an older pic it's hard to tell but I can think of plenty of people who were/are skinnier. When I think of an ecto I think of someone who is all skin and bone, someone who has no muscle tone.
    Here we go Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11afh46.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	139958

But yeah i always had abs. But that's not uncommon for a lot of skinny guys.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here we go Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11afh46.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	139958

But yeah i always had abs. But that's not uncommon for a lot of skinny guys.
    Fair enough. Then again just because you can't see muscles, abs especially, doesn't necessairly mean they aren't there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you ever decide to bulk up, your tattoos are gonna distort like a *****!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S23a)
    If you ever decide to bulk up, your tattoos are gonna distort like a *****!
    The tatts are already terrible to be fair.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to show you don't need to add tons of weight to go from looking unhealthy to looking more normal ish. Weight in first pic 64kg. Weight in second pic. 70kg.

Time difference between the two pics is one year (same mirror) I didn't make as much progress as i liked because i spent the majority of that year olympic weight lifting before i started bodybuilding in October.

By no means big, i still see myself as skinny, but finding an old picture made me realise that i do look different, so even if you don't see it now, keep it going and it'll come. Oh yeah and i know 'strong tats' saving up for sleeve.

Good luck.

in4 long johns

Feb 2011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35buues.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	139943

March 2012
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dfzurt.jpg 
Views:	1027 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	139945
    im not a body building guy....but a friend of mine was skinnier than you and after working out for about 4months, he was much more muscular than you....he had a good trainer I think...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    im not a body building guy....but a friend of mine was skinnier than you and after working out for about 4months, he was much more muscular than you....he had a good trainer I think...
    Or just good genetics?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    I got way better results than this guy after 3 months
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done OP...just keep lifting and eating and I reckon you will have a great physique in a couple of years.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    You looked fine in the first picture. You also looked less of a douche.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.