The Student Room Group

If Israel nuked Iran

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 122025278
Are you some Patsy for the regime in Tehran lol.

Iran would be walked over by Israel especially if the US joined in. Israel should arm the democracy groups in Iran and start a civil war there like we did with Libya that'd be better. Overthrow the unelected criminals at the top.

I guess you believe everything you read in the paper, lol.
Reply 41
Original post by Whatever9999
I love your sig ,May their souls rest in peace ,i wonder how TSR didn't ban you?

RIP indeed to the Palestinian fallen.

Why would TSR ban me? :curious:
Reply 42
Original post by getfunky!
Iran's political system is a unique mix of theocracy and democracy. The government has been elected.

the US has repeatedly warned Israel not to attack Iran. This isn't the same as Libya, you're mixing civil war with international war. A large majority of Libyans civilians were asking for the international community to assist them.

This situation is an accusation of Iran producing nuclear weapons, and supporting the notion that a pre-emptive strike would be justified despite not having strong evidence to support the attack.

A unique mix? lol

Where candidates to the Parliament must be vetted and only those suitable may stand? Sounds like East German democracy to me.

Finally there is no indpendent body in Iran to count and minitor elections, the last Presidential one was a fraud.
Reply 43
Original post by silent ninja
Someone should disarm Israel. They are the biggest instigators of world instability anyway. We all know that but refuse to admit it. No BBC report will ever question how Israel obtained it's illegal nukes but they love to stir the pot when it comes to foreigners (Iran, North Korea-- incidentally they have nukes and it's 2012 without the world ending, as we were told).

Yawn, yawn, yawn. You'll be coming out with 'global Zionist conspiracy' detritus next. Iran is an unstable country, that has repeatedly acted aggressively towards Israel and other Western powers. Israel has nuclear weapons only as a deterrent; the most common theory is that they've had them since the Vela Incident in 1979. 32 and a half years of not using them shows fairly conclusively that they only have them as a deterrent.
If Israel nuked Iran then it would be bad.
Period.

I don't understand how there's any debating about it.
You're killing innocent civillians and destroying an entire country because of a few douchebag politicians.
And that can never be justified.
Original post by internetguru
This thread is based on the premise that Iran has developed nuclear weapons. To keep nuclear weapons at a nuclear power plant would be idiotic.

OP: 'If it became conclusive that Iran was on the cusp of developing a nuclear weapon, say they have a prototype ready to rest and they announced it to the world as such as they thought no one would do anything about it since they haven't so far...'
Reply 46
Original post by Aj12
Nuclear weapons aren't lollipops to be handed out to every country that cries because the kid down the block has one.

your obviously an idiot then. The US is the only country that has used nukes on other countries, they should be stripped of their nukes therefore? And handed out? they're making it themselves, it's for nuclear power as well as a weapon, just because a few countries don't trust Iran to have nukes doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed them. You are an idiot.
Reply 47
There will be a war between them, I'm sure we will be roped into it to.
Reply 48
Israel and the US won't attack. That is a fact, whether you like it or not. They will always say that it's a possibility to try and refrain iran, if they said they wouldn't attack, then Iran wouldn't even acknowledge their existance.
It is a possibility , it has in the past launched attacks against Egypt in 1956 and 1967, against Iraq's nuclear program in 1981, and against a suspected Syrian nuclear site in 2007.

Also, recently the US simulated a war game in which Israel attacked Iran, that in itself shows you how serious the possibility is.
Reply 50
Original post by Miryo
Israel and the US won't attack. That is a fact, whether you like it or not. They will always say that it's a possibility to try and refrain iran, if they said they wouldn't attack, then Iran wouldn't even acknowledge their existance.

Wrong.
Reply 51
Be good bitches.
Original post by getfunky!
Iran is not an unelected theocracy, whatever issues you may have with their political system, a majority of their population elected them in position. I may not agree with having a coalition of Conservative's and Lib Dem's in government, yet the majority of the population chose to have them in position..

What...? Like a Supreme Leader that's been in power over 20 years? Right...
Reply 53
Iran needs to be dealt with tbh. It is unstable and a threat to western democracy, especially with regard to Israel.
Reply 54
Original post by DYKWIA
Iran needs to be dealt with tbh. It is unstable and a threat to western democracy, especially with regard to Israel.

perhaps if america stopped interfereing in middle east politics and neocons like you shut the hell up some progress might be made?
wish someone would nuke you with stupid posts like this.
Reply 56
Original post by alex5455
perhaps if america stopped interfereing in middle east politics and neocons like you shut the hell up some progress might be made?

The USA has helped stabilize the middle east to a large degree. I guess I'm proud to be labeled a neocon actually.

is it because europe has little power that it is always europeans who don't want to get involved in foreign affairs and help out other countries?

no one can deny that Iran is a major threat to peace in the ME.
Reply 57
Original post by DYKWIA
The USA has helped stabilize the middle east to a large degree. I guess I'm proud to be labeled a neocon actually.

is it because europe has little power that it is always europeans who don't want to get involved in foreign affairs and help out other countries?

no one can deny that Iran is a major threat to peace in the ME.

no one can deny america is a major threat to peace the world over.

your country has destablised the middle east with its invasions and needs to stop thinking it is the worlds policeman and deal with its own affairs instead of trying to run the rest of the world.

europeans dont get involved with conflicts that are none of our business because we arent war mongering imbeciles like you foreign affairs isnt just war, but someone with your limited braincell count wouldnt understand that
Original post by ras90
1 Major reason my friends. The US presidential election. Jewish funds are ESSENTIAL to win the election. Therefore agreements will be made by the most powerful lobbyest group in the world (Jewish lobbyests) that to secure their funding the US will at the very least back up Isreal.

I don't think it will be NATO, just Isreal and US (plus any 1 else who wants to gain favour with the US for what ever reason.

I am 100% confident in this, you guys can chose to ignore me, but my reasoning is sound and i would take no pleasure in saying "I told you so" in the next 2 years, but if you doubt me, it is what I shall do.

How do you know Obama isn't making empty promises? Obama's stance and comments on Iran has been tougher nearer to the presidential elections, it could be just another political stunt, I doubt there will be an attack on Iran in the next 2 years.
Reply 59
Original post by Sternumator
I know but why should America be the one who "hands them out"? They aren't handed out they are produced by the countries which means every country is in the same position and so should have the same rights. Its just like it would not be fair if Iran was allowed no form of national defence.

Why should nations have the right to one of the most powerful weapons created in human history? A weapon so powerful it burns the shadows of humans on to walls. Might as well give every human a grenade launcher as its their right to protect themselves where there are far better ways to do.

It won't put every country in the same position. It will just lead to a whole load of miniature cold wars with hundreds of small scale nuclear arms races. Then lets not forget the massive of risk of nuclear materials falling into terrorist hands either by accident or deliberately. The best option is a continuation of the status quo. The less nuclear weapons in the world the better and the less nuclear armed states the better. No new nations should be allowed nuclear weapons. Be it Iran Saudi Arabia or Germany. Sure it sounds unfair but I'd much rather this system than one where every nation is allowed to pursue them regardless of the consequences.

Don't associate nuclear weapons with national defence. For a country like Iran they do not need nuclear weapons to defend them. They have a very powerful military and what could be a very powerful economy were it not so mismanaged by the Mullahs. It would take the US hundreds of thousands of men and billions perhaps trillions to invade and control a nation like Iran. Their conventional and Aisymmetric forces are more than enough to work as a deterrent against the US, against Israel and any other state that wants to attack them. And if Iran would take heed of the international community and work with them then America would have no reason to invade.

All a nuclear weapon would do for Iran would be to give it the ability to act however it wanted against the international communities interests. And no this does not mean just American interests since you will notice both China and Russia do not support the Iranian nuclear program.

Quick Reply