The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hiiiiiiiiii :biggrin: reading all these posts has made me even more excited about going to Winchester, if that's even possible lol! It's my firm choice, and I'm hoping to study Creative Writing, which seems to be quite popular on here too :smile: just done my housing application, put Queens Road as my first choice. I got really confused by the 'Quiet/Moderately Quiet' thing as well, not sure what the difference is tbh, sooooo I just chose moderately quiet :')
I'm getting really excited now :biggrin: nervous too, and a bit daunted, but excited!!!
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 361
Original post by Erialc :)
Hiiiiiiiiii :biggrin: reading all these posts has made me even more excited about going to Winchester, if that's even possible lol! It's my firm choice, and I'm hoping to study Creative Writing, which seems to be quite popular on here too :smile: just done my housing application, put Queens Road as my first choice. I got really confused by the 'Quiet/Moderately Quiet' thing as well, not sure what the difference is tbh, sooooo I just chose moderately quiet :')
I'm getting really excited now :biggrin: nervous too, and a bit daunted, but excited!!!

Ahaha, this is unbelievable, once again I'm like I'M NOT ALONE IN QUEENS...and then I remember I picked quiet, not moderately :frown:
Yay for doing creative writing too :biggrin:
Reply 362
Original post by nownow
Ahaha, this is unbelievable, once again I'm like I'M NOT ALONE IN QUEENS...and then I remember I picked quiet, not moderately :frown:
Yay for doing creative writing too :biggrin:

Wooooooo :biggrin: Creative Writing rocks! Hehe :P what kind of stuff do you like to write?

But awh, don't worry, I'm sure you're not the only one who picked quiet :smile: and Queens Road is so compact, you probably won't be far from people who chose moderately quiet at all :smile: if you're really worried, you could always try ringing the housing people and asking them to change it :smile:
Reply 363
Original post by nownow
Yepp! That's what I'm worried about, being in quiet accommodation...is that like the choice for us social recluses?! Ahaha.
I guess I'm being silly, just panicking about everything and I should chill. CHILL.

I just changed to quiet :biggrin:

Edit: Oh, say if I wanted to change courses a little (from creative writing and journalism studies to just creative writing) how easy would it be to do, and does anyone know who to to actually contact? I assume that course enquires is just for pre-applicants?

>_> Never mind. Apparently I have to go to Winchester and get a registry form T___T
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 364
Original post by Erialc :)
Wooooooo :biggrin: Creative Writing rocks! Hehe :P what kind of stuff do you like to write?

But awh, don't worry, I'm sure you're not the only one who picked quiet :smile: and Queens Road is so compact, you probably won't be far from people who chose moderately quiet at all :smile: if you're really worried, you could always try ringing the housing people and asking them to change it :smile:

I literally just write whatever comes to mind! I haven't had much time for it of lately seeing as I've got exams...looming over me. But I'm hoping to carry on with some short stories I've started beforehand. My last one, this will sound morbid I guess, was about the last man alive on earth and how he was coping with life. Or not. What about you?

Ahaha, well, I worried enough and got it changed, so now I'm hopefully in Queens Road - Self Catered - Moderately Quiet. Yipee!
Reply 365
Original post by hookaduck
I just changed to quiet :biggrin:

Edit: Oh, say if I wanted to change courses a little (from creative writing and journalism studies to just creative writing) how easy would it be to do, and does anyone know who to to actually contact? I assume that course enquires is just for pre-applicants?

>_> Never mind. Apparently I have to go to Winchester and get a registry form T___T

You're in Alywn right? I forget :|

Oh my, is that not plausible then?
Reply 366
Original post by nownow
You're in Alywn right? I forget :|

Oh my, is that not plausible then?

Alwyn or St Elizabeth's. I'm not sure what one now, but I don't mind =] Actually, probably Beech Glade. A room is a room :smile:

Is what not plausible? Sorry -___-
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 367
Original post by hookaduck
Alwyn or St Elizabeth's. I'm not sure what one now, but I don't mind =] Actually, probably Beech Glade. A room is a room :smile:

Is what not plausible? Sorry -___-

Changing to just creative I meant!
Am I like the only person that can''t log on? It says my details do not match! Yet I am sure I know my DoB and Surname lol!

Why have I been negged for not being able to log on?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 369
Original post by myuranking
Am I like the only person that can''t log on? It says my details do not match! Yet I am sure I know my DoB and Surname lol!

you have to make an account then login....i think. that's what i did anyways
I've applied for west downs en suite so fingers crossed!
Let's just hope Winchester helps me move on my stand up career a bit. Maybe it'll just be a few more years of writing and limited shows. :')
Reply 371
Why are some of you upset about the idea of living in quiet? I live in quiet area of Queens and I've had no problem...
Reply 372
Original post by Koscielny
Why are some of you upset about the idea of living in quiet? I live in quiet area of Queens and I've had no problem...

It's not that I was upset :') I just decided that it sounded slightly less sociable? Obviously you live there, I've no idea what it's like!
Reply 373
Original post by nownow
Changing to just creative I meant!

Oh, well I'm sure it'll work out. It seems pretty possible tbh.

Original post by nownow
It's not that I was upset :') I just decided that it sounded slightly less sociable? Obviously you live there, I've no idea what it's like!

Doesn't mean you can't be sociable in general though, with societies and whatnot :smile:
Reply 374
Original post by nownow

It makes no difference what so ever. :smile:
Reply 375
Original post by myuranking

Depends on how long it's been since you accepted Winchester as your firm choice. It takes a couple working days for your details to go on their system, so you may have to wait a bit before applying for housing! Keep trying obviously. Happened to me though, I accepted Winchester on a Friday and couldn't apply for housing until the Monday!
Monday 2nd April was the day housing applications were being taken. I firmed it back a couple of months ago lol. I have tried to register but keep getting rejected. Oh well, I will ring up on Tuesday!

Thanks
How Will You Find Out What Is Winchester's Reference Number Because I Cannot Apply For Accomadation Untill I Have That ?xxxx
Reply 378
Original post by DramaQueenKayleigh
How Will You Find Out What Is Winchester's Reference Number Because I Cannot Apply For Accomadation Untill I Have That ?xxxx

You're supposed to have had a letter of correspondence from the uni, it has it on there!
Reply 379
Original post by DramaQueenKayleigh

Failing the letter, you can ring reception (01962 841515), they'll ask for your name, date of birth and address. When they've confirmed this they'll then ask for your email address, and they'll send it over for you :smile: It takes about 5 minutes, if that, and it's done. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest