Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Beginner

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just looking at working out a little to get my body into better shape, The problem I have is, that i am lazy.... and i will give up easy, as much as i don't want to give up, I just end up doing it...

I have downloaded a app on my phone that has a small push ups counter, sit up counter, and squats counter....

and have been doing them for the last 4 days, however, i have not seen much of a improvement [I know it takes months before its noticeable]

Recently after finishing the first training programme for the push ups, The 2nd part of the training programme on the app has began, and i can't do the half of it... All i can think i've done wrong is, either.... Not rested properly [I have done them daily therefore not let them rest properly...., and i have done a little bit on weight bench and dumbbells as well] or... i am not doing them properly, I purchased a pushup grip today, that rotates... which im hoping will help, but do i reset the programme? and redo it with a days rest between them all?

I have not done well at all with the sit-ups, again not really rested, as i want to get results immediate however, after thinking and reading a little i think i would see more results if i took the rest, shell i restart this training programme with the appropiate rest [a day?] between each session?

Also, the squats, i have managed to keep up to the reps and amount it wishes, however, i honestly don't feel i am doing them right? i have looked on the internet... but i just don't have much luck, when i research It never syncs in, Am i right in thinking your not allowed to arc your back at all whilst doing them? [If so i can barely do 1] and shall i restart this programme as well? using the appropriate breaks..

Finally,

On the day i do the weight bench [I don't really like doing the bench, as my parents can hear it.. and really aren't happy, however, i still wish to do it 1nc a week... I have no one to watch to make sure i am doing it correctly, and too help me push myself to the complete limit where i am unable to do anymore, so should i just not do it?

and dumbbells, i have looked some techniques used with them up and found this site.

http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/index.html

It seems pretty simple and im hoping to not have any trouble with sticking to the tips it gives on their, however, do you guys have any advice in this area?

Anyway as i was about to say, on the day i do weight bench, and dumbbells should i not do push-ups? or should i continue anyway? also, the same applys for the days off? If i was to do push-ups with a day inbetween each session, On that day inbetween is it okay to do the weightbench and dumbbells or not?

Thanks, i really appreciate it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Google starting strength, try it. Start from just the bar, it motivates you because everytime you workout, you lift more than the last time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamNameless)
    Hey, I was just looking at working out a little to get my body into better shape, The problem I have is, that i am lazy.... and i will give up easy, as much as i don't want to give up, I just end up doing it...
    Treat the gym as your church, working out as your religion, make it a lifestyle not a hobby.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alux)
    Treat the gym as your church, working out as your religion, make it a lifestyle not a hobby.
    PRSOM.

That's one heck of a quotation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alux)
    I don't go to the GYM, as i fear what people will think althoug i know they probably wont even notice me there, and won't care as everyone has to start somewhere... my mind plays tricks, I always think people are thinking.... basically a mild case of anxiety.

But that is good quote, and ill try and remember it how often should i be going to "church"?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamNameless)
    i am lazy.... and i will give up easy, as much as i don't want to give up, I just end up doing it...
    All the advice in the world cant help you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    All the advice in the world cant help you.
    Just so you know, I've been going now for 3 weeks, and did a week of jogging before that

Thank you for the motivation you gave me

EDIT: 3 weeks to the GYM that is.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 18, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.