The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

I have put cardiff as my firm for optometry! :smile: Anyone know what accommodation is any good? talybont seems most popular, nicest, newest.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Anyone going to the humanities open day on wednesday? :smile:
Reply 1102
Received email from Biology admissions tutor, letting me know my offer is in the works. Toot! 4year Biology at Cardiff, so goddamn excited.
anyone else doing Law in cardiff next year?
Reply 1104
Anybody know what plas gwyn halls are like? and how far they are from the business buildings? :smile:
Original post by -aimz
Ta-da, a terrible video of Taly Court accommodation :smile:
[video="youtube_share;saGtSgMxV1M"]http://youtu.be/saGtSgMxV1M[/video]

Weird question, but do you have actual keys or electronic key cards?
Thanks for the video, your room is awesome :smile:
Reply 1106
Original post by Lauraaa12
Weird question, but do you have actual keys or electronic key cards?
Thanks for the video, your room is awesome :smile:

We have actual keys - one that opens the door of the block, the flat front door and the bedroom door, and another little one for our postbox thing at reception. I think all the halls still use keys, still haven't caught up with the electronic type!
I made a quick edit to my accommodation application - I had Taly Court 3rd but realised I can't really afford it so changed it for Cartwright Court which was about 6th. Now I just need to apply for student finance ASAP and then it's just those pesky A-Levels to work for! :tongue:
Reply 1108
I can't believe how long we have to wait to know which halls we are getting.. Even just a rough idea would be nice, It's so annoying!
Original post by AmberCD
I can't believe how long we have to wait to know which halls we are getting.. Even just a rough idea would be nice, It's so annoying!

I know right! I applied the day after it opened so I'm hoping I get in one of at least my top 3 choices but we'll wait and see.
Reply 1110
Original post by welshfrankie
I know right! I applied the day after it opened so I'm hoping I get in one of at least my top 3 choices but we'll wait and see.

Same, or one of my top 5! Just not the bottom ones...
I've got an offer for Midwifery from cardiff, 3 Bs and predicted 3 As so brilliant!!! Is my first choice so can't wait to get started
Original post by AmberCD
Same, or one of my top 5! Just not the bottom ones...

Same here. Although I think for us that have applied pretty early we should be okay.

Original post by Ballerinagirl
I've got an offer for Midwifery from cardiff, 3 Bs and predicted 3 As so brilliant!!! Is my first choice so can't wait to get started

Congrats :biggrin: Where else did you apply?
Reply 1113
received a offer for Msc in International Economics, Finance and Banking...

but they want me a 2:1...as I can only be able to get 2:2...probably I cannot make it...sigh
Anyone for Architectural Engineering?
Reply 1115
Insured Cardiff for law llb :smile:
Reply 1116
Anyone applying for Sengennydd court? Good location and social...
Reply 1117
Original post by Onipede

Think I put it as my 3rd or 4th choice :smile: it does look like a great location though
Reply 1118
Original post by AmberCD
Think I put it as my 3rd or 4th choice :smile: it does look like a great location though

Yeah, i could see myself saving loads of cash on buses and taxis, because you can just walk to town- even after a few too many! (hopefully)
Original post by Onipede

Yes :smile: I made it my top choice! Only because i'm lazy and studying physics (if I get the grades).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending