The Student Room Group

CGP for Business Studies AS

Has anyone used it and got a good grade out of it because I feel as if im wasting my time on the book :s-smilie:S
Reply 1
I presume you mean the AQA one? I got 105/120 on BUSS2 using it. I did many past papers multiple times too though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Smeemi
I presume you mean the AQA one? I got 105/120 on BUSS2 using it. I did many past papers multiple times too though.

Did you read it directly from the book or make notes from it ??? and well done!!
Reply 3
Original post by Skaterkid
Did you read it directly from the book or make notes from it ??? and well done!!

Thanks. Reading the book on its own doesn't do anything (for me anyway). You do need to make notes for each section - use different colours etc. The BUSS2 section is quite long for that revision guide but it does cover nearly everything.
Reply 4
Original post by Smeemi
Thanks. Reading the book on its own doesn't do anything (for me anyway). You do need to make notes for each section - use different colours etc. The BUSS2 section is quite long for that revision guide but it does cover nearly everything.

Ye the Buss2 section is so long...I've made like 16 (front and back) pages of notes and still not started marketing mix :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Ye the Buss2 section is so long...I've made like 16 (front and back) pages of notes and still not started marketing mix :s-smilie:

Haha. I remember getting upto that stage (marketing mix) and then was like :eek: when I saw that there was still a lot more to do.

BUSS2 is mainly about application to the case study so do a lot of past papers.
Reply 6
Has anyone used it and got a good grade out of it because I feel as if im wasting my time on the book :s-smilie:S

I didn't use one. I used the textbook and got an A. I think for AS, the textbook is all you need.
Reply 7
Original post by Smeemi
Haha. I remember getting upto that stage (marketing mix) and then was like :eek: when I saw that there was still a lot more to do.

BUSS2 is mainly about application to the case study so do a lot of past papers.

Will do thanks!

Original post by -Liberty
I didn't use one. I used the textbook and got an A. I think for AS, the textbook is all you need.

textbook has way too many pages which are pointless (well the one i have)
Reply 8
Will do thanks!

textbook has way too many pages which are pointless (well the one i have)

It does but all I did was skim through the pointless things. A lot of the time these "pointless" things have good points you can use in your exam. Using the CGP book really narrows your knowledge. It's great for brief points but I'd stick with the textbook.
Reply 9
Original post by -Liberty
It does but all I did was skim through the pointless things. A lot of the time these "pointless" things have good points you can use in your exam. Using the CGP book really narrows your knowledge. It's great for brief points but I'd stick with the textbook.

How many weeks/months did you revise for buss2 with the textbook? I might read through the textbook after I finish with all this CGP book.
Reply 10
How many weeks/months did you revise for buss2 with the textbook? I might read through the textbook after I finish with all this CGP book.

I think a few days of intense revision. Although this doesn't work for everyone. I find that with business studies discussing businesses verbally by watching the news and talking with the family helps me a lot. Then when revising I revise for 6 hours a day for 2-3 days to cram any equations or extra info. It's usually more than enough!

Good luck!
Reply 11

I have to self-teach myself BUSS2 and I haven't even started it at all. I plan to start it next week and finish it within one week.

I have a big textbook for BS and I may order the CGP one as mine is about 200 pages long for BUSS2 and I frankly don't have enough time to go through that and make notes, whereas the CGP one is fairly detailed and quite short.

Is it particularly detailed with enough information for a top grade? (As I don't want to order it and find that it's useless)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Kravez
I have to self-teach myself BUSS2 and I haven't even started it at all. I plan to start it next week and finish it within one week.

I have a big textbook for BS and I may order the CGP one as mine is about 200 pages long for BUSS2 and I frankly don't have enough time to go through that and make notes, whereas the CGP one is fairly detailed and quite short.

Is it particularly detailed with enough information for a top grade? (As I don't want to order it and find that it's useless)

I noticed CGP missed out delegation part and a delegation question came up in a exam forgot which year think it was jun 2011

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending