The Student Room Group

Does anyone here lead a double life???

Living two lives has to be at least twice as difficult!

I'm a non-troll by day and a troll by night, so I guess I lead a double life, on TSR at least.

But seriously?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It can be both. Britain is a nation composed of multiple cultural and ethnic backgrounds. It would be an accomplishment owned by both their British identity and Asian heritage; both communities would celebrate it.

This is no longer the 19th century where British denotes [caucasian] ethnicity
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Meus
It can be both. Britain is a nation composed of multiple cultural and ethnic backgrounds. It would be an accomplishment owned by both their British identity and Asian heritage; both communities would celebrate it.

This is no longer the 19th century where British denotes [caucasian] ethnicity

Original post by 99luft Balons

Not sure if this reply is actually relevant to the OP's post.
Reply 3
Er, what do you mean by a double life? I kind of do, my parents don;t know about my bf. But that is the extent of it. And it's not too difficult as I don't live at home anymore.
Reply 4
95% of young British Asians,especially females

EDIT:why am i getting negged? Its a fact!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ayshizzle
Er, what do you mean by a double life? I kind of do, my parents don;t know about my bf. But that is the extent of it. And it's not too difficult as I don't live at home anymore.

LOL....that was me last year, sneaking about, pretending I was sleeping over my friends....ahh good times... :tongue: :colondollar:
People think I'm much happier than I actually am.
By day I'm a mild mannered student, but by night...
Reply 8
Seems like the OP changed the thread completely. The original title was asking whether a British Asian's accomplishment could be identified as either a British or Asian accomplishment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by frenchfries

having said that, you must be a young british asian? :biggrin:
Reply 10
Not a completely double life.. My parents just don't know about my boyfriend and I do have do sneak around :frown: Or lie. I'm prob abit more reserved at home too.
Reply 11
Original post by Meus
Seems like the OP changed the thread completely. The original title was asking whether a British Asian's accomplishment could be identified as either a British or Asian accomplishment.

Shhh..that thread was a flop :wink:

I am the 5%. My mother's pretty cool (she sets reasonable boundaries but she's quite strict. So for example she's let me go to a few gigs/paid for my guitar lessons :tongue: but I've never been explicitly told not to drink/date/smoke etc and I've never done those or felt the need to but I'm not saying I judge those that do - everyone leads their own lives) and I'm not a terribly religious muslim female (well I wear a scarf etc but I feel that I could be better). My mum's pretty awesome.

But I guess the double life depends on how open minded your parents are and how much they are wanting you to integrate. I'm quite lucky in a way that my mum and me are on the same sort of wavelength and she's pretty open minded.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MissRiah12345
LOL....that was me last year, sneaking about, pretending I was sleeping over my friends....ahh good times... :tongue: :colondollar:

Lol luckily I never had to lie to that extent as I've lived away from home since we've been together! But yeah, if I lived at home it would be a complete nightmare. Even though I'm 22 my mum insists on knowing what i'm doing EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE.

Original post by .Missy
Not a completely double life.. My parents just don't know about my boyfriend and I do have do sneak around :frown: Or lie. I'm prob abit more reserved at home too.

Lol join the club :wink:
Reply 14
Every Thursday night I dress up as a cat and eat out of people's bins.
Reply 15

What do you mean?
Lol luckily I never had to lie to that extent as I've lived away from home since we've been together! But yeah, if I lived at home it would be a complete nightmare. Even though I'm 22 my mum insists on knowing what i'm doing EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE.

LOL, tsr badgirls :colone:
Reply 17

Why aren't you allowed a boyfriend?:confused:you're 22? :eek:
Original post by MissRiah12345
LOL, tsr badgirls :colone:

Haha!

I don;t feel that bad though, am just trying to keep them off my back about marriage. For now anyways :s-smilie: Asian parents!
Reply 19
Original post by 99luft Balons

I'm a non-troll by day and a troll by night, so I guess I lead a double life, on TSR at least.

But seriously?

Interesting :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending