Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask the coalition

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any questions for the coalition please ask here..

Positions below for clarity (will update)..

Government positions

Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service: Rakas21

Deputy Prime Minister, Lord President of the Council, Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal, First Secretary of State, Leader of the House of Commons: toronto353

Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: toronto353

Chancellor of the Exchequer and Chief Whip: Jarred

Secretary of State for the Home Department and Paymaster-General: Ham and Cheese

Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain and Secretary of State for Justice: Life_peer

Secretary of State for Business, Innovation, work and pensions: Conservatives

Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government: Lipvig

Secretary of State for Constitutional Reform: Matthew_Lowson

Secretary of State for Defence: tufc

Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: tehFrance

Secretary of State for Education and Higher Education: Bun

Secretary of State for Health: Moleman1996

Secretary of State for International Trade and Development: Aj12

Secretary of State for Transport: Internet Guru

Secretary of State for Women and Equality: JPKC

Minister for Energy and Climate Change: Teaddict

Minister for Sports and the Olympics: Conservatives

Minister for the Media: Conservatives
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to answering any and all questions that the House may have either for my department or for the coalition as a whole.

(Original post by Life_peer)
    QFA
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    QFA
    (Original post by tufc)
    QFA
    So UKIP's MPs are aware.

(Original post by JPKC)
    QFA
    So JPKC is aware.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ask transport questions while you still can as I will be privatising all state transport and my position will no longer exist.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    Ask transport questions while you still can as I will be privatising all state transport and my position will no longer exist.
    Most Transport is Privatised

The State should have a role in Transport

(I had this role last term)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Most Transport is Privatised

The State should have a role in Transport
    What kind of role?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    What kind of role?
    Macro stuff, awarding Rail Franchises etc

Network Rail, I am unsure of.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, to start off, do you mind explaining your reasoning behind it first and foremost?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions
    1) whats the seceratary of state for defence going to do with regards to scrapping trident does he intend to scrap it this term therefore saving billions of money in the process
    2)what does the secretary of state for defence going to do with army personal equipement does he agree with me that our brave army personal should have the required kit that is fit for purpose

I have may questions that this coalition government needs to answer this term.I expect that the coalition government will make good on its manifesto promises.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    The HOC will approve or reject this, as any transport policy will be subject to a vote and debate. You won't be able to privatise anything without this process.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the ongoing attack by Anonymous on the website of the Home Office, amongst others?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any questions on 'Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' feel free to quote me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    If anyone has any questions on 'Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' feel free to quote me
    What are your plans for this term concerning the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (if you have any yet)?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    Well, to start off, do you mind explaining your reasoning behind it first and foremost?
    The only transport related public spending should be roads. We should not be spending money on railway lines. All public transport that is not yet privatised should be.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are your plans for this term concerning the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (if you have any yet)?
    Currently I have policies on farming and bringing it back to the forefront of the Primary Economy once more. We will be making easier for farmers to work and start-up for example.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only transport related public spending should be roads. We should not be spending money on railway lines. All public transport that is not yet privatised should be.
    The State gets a return through Franchise Premium payments
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    The HOC will approve or reject this, as any transport policy will be subject to a vote and debate. You won't be able to privatise anything without this process.
    Whilst true, he is entitled as Secretory Of State For Transport to state his goals for the term.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you've already gone back on yourself, stating that you would stop all state transport areas to now everything but roads, just to be clear?

And secondly, that is not reasoning. You originally stated you will privatise all state transport (which I see unlikely as the majority of the house will probably disapprove), and now you have stated that you should privatise state transport. That is not reasoning. I want to know why you want to privatise state transport.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Currently I have policies on farming and bringing it back to the forefront of the Primary Economy once more. We will be making easier for farmers to work and start-up for example.
    Thank you. And just to be clear: are you in charge of all things drought-related i.e. the hosepipe ban? If so, what do you think of the danger of a drought in areas of the UK, and do you approve of the hosepipe ban? Or would you have dealt with it differently?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. And just to be clear: are you in charge of all things drought-related i.e. the hosepipe ban? If so, what do you think of the danger of a drought in areas of the UK, and do you approve of the hosepipe ban? Or would you have dealt with it differently?
    I presume so... and I disagree with the ban, it is a stupid ban, you can ferry water to a swimming pool with a bucket yet you cannot use a hosepipe? seriously what a load of BS.

As for drought, yes I believe there could be a possible drought situation in the future and I will be looking at ways to prevent said drought becoming a disruption.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you've already gone back on yourself, stating that you would stop all state transport areas to now everything but roads, just to be clear?

And secondly, that is not reasoning. You originally stated you will privatise all state transport (which I see unlikely as the majority of the house will probably disapprove), and now you have stated that you should privatise state transport. That is not reasoning. I want to know why you want to privatise state transport.
    - Privatisation would save taxpayer money.
    - It is unfair that those that do not use nationalised public transport have to pay taxes in order to subsidise its users.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.