The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c3ntury
What on earth did you do?!

The classic throwing a party while my parents were out of town thing.

It was me and my twin brother, so we both go the punishment.
I go to a private all-girls school, the separated gender thing doesn't bother me in the slightest.

There is a all-boys school pretty much next door, we share a lot of extra-curriculars with them, as well as having lots of socials with them.

I really don't feel like I miss out, because of that close relationship with the boys school.
Reply 2662
Original post by yl95
THIS. Wow. This is basically my school.

Ahaha. last time a male teacher under the age of 30 worked at my school somebody (usually very quite and generally ignored by everyone) wrote a "fantasy" involving the teacher and an (underage) student then emailed it to all major student groups. Plus, our uniform makes me feel like I go to sunday school.

At least we get good grades!
Shouldn't have had a late night last night -.- stayed up till 04:00am. Got up at 09:00am, feeling it now!! :frown:
Reply 2664
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Shouldn't have had a late night last night -.- stayed up till 04:00am. Got up at 09:00am, feeling it now!! :frown:

3am to 8am here, I'm still feeling great. :smile:
Original post by Cubic

Dont tell me you were revising :redface:
Reply 2666
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

I was watching videos of Lindsey Stirling. :tongue:
Original post by Cubic

We had the same hours then... You must be more energy efficient than I am :wink:

Original post by multiplexing-gamer

Was I 'Eck! I did do 5 hours revision though! But last night I had my girlfriend sleeping over, so we just had a late night watching films. Regretting it now, dropping off here!!!
Reply 2668
We had the same hours then... You must be more energy efficient than I am :wink:

I'm working on that revision guide I told you I was making, for C3.

I'm on the titration section. I remember putting the alkali into the conical flask, and the indicator into the conical flask. I remember using a pipette for getting the right amount of alkali.

The revision guide supports my memory by saying "A pipette is used to accurately measure a volume of alkali that is put into a conical flask." Although I've encountered mistakes in the revision guide before.

6 (b) (ii) Describe how you would do the titration.
You should include the names of any apparatus you would use.

The first point of the mark scheme says "NaOH / alkali in burette", has the mark scheme made a mistake? Or have I?

Edit: Earlier in the question it states that the acid is placed in a conical flask using a pipette. I wasn't aware that you could do it this way, silly me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Cubic

I'm on the titration section. I remember putting the alkali into the conical flask, and the indicator into the conical flask. I remember using a pipette for getting the right amount of alkali.

The revision guide supports my memory by saying "A pipette is used to accurately measure a volume of alkali that is put into a conical flask." Although I've encountered mistakes in the revision guide before.

The first point of the mark scheme says "NaOH / alkali in burette", has the mark scheme made a mistake? Or have I?

Ah yes I remember you saying..! I'll have a look at it when you've finished of you don't mind :smile:

As for titration experiments, doesn't it depend of which liquid you are trying to find the concentration of? The liquid with the known concentration is put into the conical flask, and the liquid with unknown concentration is put into the burette? You then measure the volume of liquid needed from the burette to neutralise the liquid in the conical flask, and then you can figure out what concentration it was? I think that's right, but I may be wrong /:
Reply 2670
Ah yes I remember you saying..! I'll have a look at it when you've finished of you don't mind :smile:

As for titration experiments, doesn't it depend of which liquid you are trying to find the concentration of? The liquid with the known concentration is put into the conical flask, and the liquid with unknown concentration is put into the burette? You then measure the volume of liquid needed from the burette to neutralise the liquid in the conical flask, and then you can figure out what concentration it was? I think that's right, but I may be wrong /:

Ah, that sounds right. I'll be happy to show it to you too. :smile:
Original post by Cubic

Edit: Earlier in the question it states that the acid is placed in a conical flask using a pipette. I wasn't aware that you could do it this way, silly me.

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were asking. I though you were confused as to which liquid goes where! It's definitely a burette :smile:
Reply 2672
Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were asking. I though you were confused as to which liquid goes where! It's definitely a burette :smile:

I think that you interpreted what I were asking correctly.

The edited part was something I didn't realise as I was scimming through past papers looking for questions on performing titrations and that information is at 6 (b) whereas 6 (b) (ii) is on the next page so I missed it.
Reply 2673
I found my exam timetable! :banana:

Ah, I'm so relieved ahaha. Yes I was silly and lost it in the first place. :frown:
Original post by Cubic
I think that you interpreted what I were asking correctly.

The edited part was something I didn't realise as I was scimming through past papers looking for questions on performing titrations and that information is at 6 (b) whereas 6 (b) (ii) is on the next page so I missed it.

Ah, good stuff :smile: glad I could help!
Original post by Zigggyy.

Ah, I'm so relieved ahaha. Yes I was silly and lost it in the first place. :frown:

How many you got?
Reply 2676
Original post by GreenLantern1
How many you got?

15 :smile: And you?
Original post by thisisjokes
Which exam board are you with?

And oh :redface:, will your teacher not let you re-do your coursework before it gets submitted?

ICAA. Maybe we're the only school who's ever used that board. :biggrin: They screwed up our exam results too, told me I had an A* originally. :frown: Turns out it was an 'administrative error'. :frown:

And nope, we're only allowed 2 hours after the holidays to redo ONE TASK from our coursework before she submits it. :rolleyes:
Original post by Zigggyy.

I dont have an exam timetable.. Lost mine a long time ago. I don't find it useful anyway.
Reply 2679
I dont have an exam timetable.. Lost mine a long time ago. I don't find it useful anyway.

Really? I think it's so useful! Like, I do german, so my exam's the last exam on the 27th -__- so it's just good to see that I have 20 whole days to revise for it (': just to see which exam's the closest and stuff :')

Latest