The Student Room Group

How can I get a flat stomach without starving myself?!

Scroll to see replies

1 hour daily yoga
run 3 miles 3-4 times a week
healthy diet
Reply 21
It's going to revolve around your diet. mainly.
My advice, don't overkill on the sit-ups, that is not going to give you a flat stomach, all it does is develop the muscles of your core in just extenuates any fat that you have on you sometimes making you look fatter (so your not getting fatter, just muscle pushes it out once developed)
Eat clean, so no harm in eating carbs, should really start high then work way down through out the day, so by end not really eat much if at all any carbs. But try to avoid junk, processed foods, eat regularly as well, small meals, about 5 times a day, keeps metabolism up.

And exercise, make sure that your walking, taking stairs (rather then lifts etc), do the cardio, use some weights etc etc, plenty of people will be able to give better advice then me but that just roughly right i think? anyone who can correct me feel free to cause i'm still learning
Reply 22
Sprint up hills, and eat mostly brown rice and kale for a couple weeks.
Cut down the carbonated drinks which bloat you, and less saturated fat which is a cause of the 'pouch' on stomach
Sit ups will not help. You cannot spot reduce an area of fat on your body, so you need to eat healthily and do plenty of exercise to lose fat everywhere, and eventually you'll see results towards a flat stomach.
Reply 25
Get a tummy tucker.
Reply 26
i want to punch your face OP.

along with most people itt. its like blind leading the moronic
Reply 27
Original post by fourdigit
Sits up, considers what you eat and monitor your diet, sleep, lots of water, lots of cardio, cardio!

I had a flat stomach and a 7% body fat, 6 pack but it's rather too much effort to maintain in general. This meant sacrificing junk food at times or eat them in moderation.

If you do boxing, like I do, I recommend you do boxercise training. Boxing for me is moderate-high discipline. I've seen worse, strict training and I ain't a fan, because there is more to life than looking fit or flat stomach.

just so you know, you didnt have 7% bodyfat. i'd just like to point that out now... ill work my way through the thread backwards.
Reply 28
Original post by redvinoandambien
Cut down the carbonated drinks which bloat you, and less saturated fat which is a cause of the 'pouch' on stomach

nice bro-science. i dont get why people think it's ok to talk about fitness and the human body when the have no idea. people dont talk about engineering, or accounting, but fitness, everyone is an expert.. at spouting ****.
Reply 29
Original post by ColouredTights
I'd say carbs are perfectly fine [in moderation of course], but just make sure that they are high in fibre, because girl fibre is a wonderful thing!

Also, I'd say if you drink fizzy drinks cut them out as they can cause bloating, and also cut down on sugar because this can also cause bloating by irritating the gut lining.

Of course healthy eating and exercise is key. Hope I helped. :smile:
bloating is short term an irrlevant.

Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Sit ups!! If you do about 20-30 sit ups every day (I don't know why but I used to do it before I go to sleep, not the best idea, I know) but it worked :smile: It tones your stomach :smile: Also do squats, they kill but they're really good.
fhdudfhhffnhnxcgsdfghsthnejynddbj

Original post by SensiDub
How do people live without carbs? 90% of my diet is literally cereal, bread, pasta and rice. Then just supplemented with meat and bit of veg. I ****ing love carbs.
great advice.

Original post by GabGirl
I have the same problem how do you tone your stomach area ...
you can't

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Sorry, I think the title of the thread doesn't reflect what I actually meant. Basically I can't afford to actually loose weight (it's a long story) but I want still want a flat stomach...I'm thinking this isn't possible!

you cant afford to lose weight? ermmm?
Original post by sconter

you cant afford to lose weight? ermmm?

Okay there's no need to be so rude- it's not like you've said anything constructive! By not being able to afford to loose weight I meant it would be detrimental to my health- I am already bordering on underweight (I'm 5'7 and weigh 8st3) my stomach isn't rolls of fat, it's firm and a six pack when I tense but it just sticks out. I'm starting to think it might be more related to my postire anyways.
Reply 31
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Okay there's no need to be so rude- it's not like you've said anything constructive! By not being able to afford to loose weight I meant it would be detrimental to my health- I am already bordering on underweight (I'm 5'7 and weigh 8st3) my stomach isn't rolls of fat, it's firm and a six pack when I tense but it just sticks out. I'm starting to think it might be more related to my postire anyways.

i guessed that was what you meant. without pics it is impossible to say. but yes it is posture.
Original post by kiralin
same question here.
my stomach is not muscular or anything.. i can't even do one perfect sit-up! :frown:
tho, my stomach seems nearly flat (still need to be flat) before i eat, but after eating.. it look bloated like a ball stuck under my shirt...
PS> Eating less is also not my option. cuz i can't control and my hobby IS eating. yet i'd like to lose some weight..
i think standing or walking for 5-10 min after each meal would help. but not immediately after meal cuz a research says that immediately walking might hinder proper digestion , thus giving u stomach problems.:smile:

lulz.. strong dedication.. good luck with your weight loss goals of 2012
Reply 33
Lift weights and hit the crosstrainer for some HIIT. Eat more protein and less carbs. Replace fast carbs (white bread/pasta/etc) with wholemeal bread/pasta. Avoid alcohol. Good luck :smile:
Original post by sconter
nice bro-science. i dont get why people think it's ok to talk about fitness and the human body when the have no idea. people dont talk about engineering, or accounting, but fitness, everyone is an expert.. at spouting ****.

Care to suggest anything yourself then?
Reply 35
Original post by keepoffthelawn
lulz.. strong dedication.. good luck with your weight loss goals of 2012

lulz
Reply 36
Original post by redvinoandambien
Care to suggest anything yourself then?

sure, learn basic nutrition, and the laws of thermal dynamics. basic human biology would be useful too.
Reply 37
Give yourself an small exercise program, for the first week do say 5-10 sit ups taking as much time as you need. Do this for roughly 2 weeks, then in the next two weeks increase the number to say 10-15. This way you are building up the tension in your abdominal muscles. If you gradually increase these over a long period of time, you will see the difference by having a toned and flat stomach. Make sure you do these each day so you don't begin to fall out of routine, as it will be harder to get back into it.

If you want to lose weight, try going out for a jog/run each day for say 15 minutes. The same as your program for sit ups, gradually increase teh length of time you can run for. You don't have to work to the specific figures i give you, you can choose as many or as long as you want. But exercise each day and gradually building up the amount and period of time you do so will improve your cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance and lose weight whilst gaining a toned figure.

Hope this helped, and good luck. :smile:
In this thread:

Reply 39
Original post by Dimples18
Give yourself an small exercise program, for the first week do say 5-10 sit ups taking as much time as you need. Do this for roughly 2 weeks, then in the next two weeks increase the number to say 10-15. This way you are building up the tension in your abdominal muscles. If you gradually increase these over a long period of time, you will see the difference by having a toned and flat stomach. Make sure you do these each day so you don't begin to fall out of routine, as it will be harder to get back into it.

If you want to lose weight, try going out for a jog/run each day for say 15 minutes. The same as your program for sit ups, gradually increase teh length of time you can run for. You don't have to work to the specific figures i give you, you can choose as many or as long as you want. But exercise each day and gradually building up the amount and period of time you do so will improve your cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance and lose weight whilst gaining a toned figure.

Hope this helped, and good luck. :smile:

i dont think i've laughed harder today. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest