The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR AS F321 Atoms, Bonds and Groups May 2012

I made this thread as I couldn't find a thread for the F321 paper being sat in May 2012.

How is everyone getting on with revision?

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

you doing ocr biology as well?
Reply 2
I am taking this! Resitting after last year. Started my revision this week and I've forgotten everything but the bits we've built on in A2 year.

The ABG is way before any of my A2 exams though, so I'm focussing on it a lot now.
Reply 3
Original post by Future_Dr
you doing ocr biology as well?

Yes I am - see the thread I made here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965184

Original post by pcorbett94
I am taking this! Resitting after last year. Started my revision this week and I've forgotten everything but the bits we've built on in A2 year.

The ABG is way before any of my A2 exams though, so I'm focussing on it a lot now.

Good luck :biggrin: Are you using your revision materials from last year or starting again?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Natalie21
Yes I am - see the thread I made here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965184

Good luck :biggrin: Are you using your revision materials from last year or starting again?

You should then check out the thread I made here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37030559&highlight=
Reply 5

I have very few revision materials fro last year to use. I had a teacher who was really good, but didn't let you write notes, because he believed that understanding was all you needed, and it wasn't simply just remembering a load of facts. This was partly true, mainly because it fitted his teaching style. I didn't mess up the exam because of him, I just messed it up generally. But this year I've had to move groups because too many people in our class quit the subject, and I've got different teachers who teach in completely different ways. All they're offering in the way of support is revision classes which basically just consist of going through past papers (all of which I've already done last year) and giving us the answers. So at the moment I'm just left with a textbook to refresh my memory and 2 past papers to do for my first revision class. Just telling myself everything will work out in the end, but I'm also quite worried I'm not going to be able to get the grades I need.
Reply 6
I've just looked at the Jan 2012 paper for ABG and it seemed very easy, as was the RPA A2 paper I sat.

Really annoying because my college wouldn't let me resit ABG in January as they were too busy focussing on CER students.
Reply 7
I've just looked at the Jan 2012 paper for ABG and it seemed very easy, as was the RPA A2 paper I sat.

Really annoying because my college wouldn't let me resit ABG in January as they were too busy focussing on CER students.

Are you taking ABG in June then?

I have very few revision materials fro last year to use. I had a teacher who was really good, but didn't let you write notes, because he believed that understanding was all you needed, and it wasn't simply just remembering a load of facts. This was partly true, mainly because it fitted his teaching style. I didn't mess up the exam because of him, I just messed it up generally. But this year I've had to move groups because too many people in our class quit the subject, and I've got different teachers who teach in completely different ways. All they're offering in the way of support is revision classes which basically just consist of going through past papers (all of which I've already done last year) and giving us the answers. So at the moment I'm just left with a textbook to refresh my memory and 2 past papers to do for my first revision class. Just telling myself everything will work out in the end, but I'm also quite worried I'm not going to be able to get the grades I need.

That is a very weird teaching method...not letting you write notes...
Reply 8
I made this thread as I couldn't find a thread for the F321 paper being sat in May 2012.

How is everyone getting on with revision?

:biggrin:

I have 8 exams.
2xchem
2xbio
i started revising about 3 weeks about in my hour frees to refresh my memory etc..i have gone through all my content and i started exam technique and have done 4 exams today I keep getting 47/60= 75% and high B..i really need to get those extra marks as my practical mark is very average.

I also need to start revising my resources into more depth.

Plus i have Bio resit and my current biology which is not easy.
lol
Reply 9
Original post by scorpio22
I have 8 exams.
2xchem
2xbio
i started revising about 3 weeks about in my hour frees to refresh my memory etc..i have gone through all my content and i started exam technique and have done 4 exams today I keep getting 47/60= 75% and high B..i really need to get those extra marks as my practical mark is very average.

I also need to start revising my resources into more depth.

Plus i have Bio resit and my current biology which is not easy.
lol

I have 11 exams :/
I have 11 exams :/

:tumble: Wow!
I have decided to just revise my sciences and my other exams can just fit through my free time and my breaks lool. that's my strategy
I was very disappointed in my results that i never want to feel like that again.
Reply 11
:tumble: Wow!
I have decided to just revise my sciences and my other exams can just fit through my free time and my breaks lool. that's my strategy
I was very disappointed in my results that i never want to feel like that again.

Did you take some exams in Jan then?

What subjects are you taking? And what exam boards?
Reply 12
Are you taking ABG in June then?

That is a very weird teaching method...not letting you write notes...

May 15th, like everybody else. My first exam. I have 2 resits in May and then my 4 A2 exams in June.

I remember my AS exams last year, having 8 exams in the space of 2 weeks, I was bound to mess up something, and it just happened to be chemistry.
Reply 13
I'm resitting from January as I was disappointed with my result.

I've not started revision just yet!
Did you take some exams in Jan then?

What subjects are you taking? And what exam boards?

I did take my exams in Jan but i was so stressed i couldn't concentrate.
i take
Chem;Biol;Business:R.e
I got B-D grades
I'm supposedly to be getting A's-I'm really disappointed that i just wanted to re-do all of them again.

Chem,Bio=OCR Buss;R.e=wjec

whats your subjects.
And do you have advice on how to revise biology because it has so much content and depth i do not know where to start.
Original post by fletchdd02
I'm resitting from January as I was disappointed with my result.

I've not started revision just yet!

lool.You should get started saying that though i have only revised 1/8
I should getting revising too as we only have less than 6 weeks.
Reply 16
lool.You should get started saying that though i have only revised 1/8
I should getting revising too as we only have less than 6 weeks.

Oh really? Not too long then :frown:
Reply 17
got a B on this paper 4 UMS away from A going to do it again!!
Original post by fletchdd02
Oh really? Not too long then :frown:

how are you finding f322
Reply 19
f322 + f321 = death :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest