The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
Original post by rao433
Hey, Yes firmed with BCU straight away! I'm a "mature" student and have one degree so I got an unconditional offer...although me and "mature" in the same sentence makes me laugh! I'm only 26! :smile: I do remember being offered a conditional offer when I did my BA and it was nerve wracking so I understand how people are feeling!

I'm sure BCU will offer you a place! I was checking my UCAS every thirty minutes for two weeks!

What did you think of the written interview at BCU? X

Hi I have also firmed BCU and had an unconditional offer too (also my second degree). What was your first degree in? I'm just about to finish mine in French and Linguistics x
Reply 4061
Original post by sophb123
Hi I have also firmed BCU and had an unconditional offer too (also my second degree). What was your first degree in? I'm just about to finish mine in French and Linguistics x

Hi Soph :smile: Yay another "mature" student lol! I'm Rebecca. My degree was in Childhood, Culture and Education and I graduated from The University of Birmingham three years ago. In my current job I work with SLT's daily and it was one of them who prompted me to do it. I'm so pleased I was accepted! I was convinced I'd messed up the written interview!

Where are you doing your current degree? With linguistics could you not do SLT at post grad?

x
Reply 4062
Original post by rao433
Hi Soph :smile: Yay another "mature" student lol! I'm Rebecca. My degree was in Childhood, Culture and Education and I graduated from The University of Birmingham three years ago. In my current job I work with SLT's daily and it was one of them who prompted me to do it. I'm so pleased I was accepted! I was convinced I'd messed up the written interview!

Where are you doing your current degree? With linguistics could you not do SLT at post grad?

x

Hi

I'm at Newcastle University at the moment and I love it so I'll be so sad when I have to leave in just over a months time :frown: but at least I'm leaving to do something exciting! I could have done the postgrad but you have to have already graduated when you apply and they are really competitive so the earliest I could start would have been September 2013 and seeing as the course at BCU is only 3 years I'll graduate at the same time as if I had done the postgrad. Being able to go to BCU is a bonus as well because I can live at my parents house so wont have to worry about rent etc. Are you currently living in Birmingham? I'm a bit worried about commuting at the moment because it can take up to 2 hours in rush hour but only 40 mins in the middle of the day. Going to give it until Christmas and then if commuting is not working out I might have to think about moving closer to Birmingham. My sister will be doing nursing at University of Birmingham so at least I'll have somewhere to crash for the night if I need it!! Its so weird being a "mature" student - there is no way I am mature!! One of the things I liked about BCU was that there seemed to be a lot of people on the course in their 20s not just people straight from school. X
Reply 4063
Hey, Well I live in Solihull at the moment and I don't drive so it's two buses or two trains to BCU. I plan to stay in the house share I'm currently living in and just travel back and forth to Uni. I've managed to save up enough money to take care of rent and bills so I can relax a bit. I'm also able to work one day a week where I am now :smile: Congrats to your sister - nursing at Birmingham Uni is very good! Have you started the finance forms yet? My laptop battery died half way through and now I'm now it won't let me back in grr!

If you around before Sept and want to go for a coffee let me know :smile: x
Original post by 123emily
Okay, I'll put MMU as my insurance now then :smile: Wow, that is quite annoying that they wont reply to you :/ Hm, maybe you could ring them up? Ooh yeah that's a good idea I think I might go and look round IQ too to see what it's actually like:smile: x

yeah is a bit annoying, nevermind. and yeah, I may ring them up tomorrow and go see it thursday but I am pretty settled on it :smile: x

Original post by rao433
Hey, Yes firmed with BCU straight away! I'm a "mature" student and have one degree so I got an unconditional offer...although me and "mature" in the same sentence makes me laugh! I'm only 26! :smile: I do remember being offered a conditional offer when I did my BA and it was nerve wracking so I understand how people are feeling!

I'm sure BCU will offer you a place! I was checking my UCAS every thirty minutes for two weeks!

What did you think of the written interview at BCU? X

ahh nice :smile: I have a place and firmed birmingham already lol :smile: do you have facebook? :smile: and I thought i failed the written interview but obviously i did better than i thought :smile: x
Reply 4065
ahh nice :smile: I have a place and firmed birmingham already lol :smile: do you have facebook? :smile: and I thought i failed the written interview but obviously i did better than i thought :smile: x

Hey Jennie :smile: Another one for BCU! I'll add you on FBook :smile:

x
hey, for all BCU firmers... I created a facebook group so please join :smile: search... 'BCU speech and language therapy students entry 2012' :smile: xx
Reply 4067
hey, here is a facebook group for UEA Speech and Language Therapy 2012 https://www.facebook.com/groups/304741289598086/ xx
Wow, everyone seems to have a group now - with only me and two others that I know of firming Newcastle, I think it's a bit too early to form a group. :tongue:
Reply 4069
Original post by jennie.stollar
hey, for all BCU firmers... I created a facebook group so please join :smile: search... 'BCU speech and language therapy students entry 2012' :smile: xx

Hey Jennie, I can't seem to access it, can you paste the direct link please, thanks x
Reply 4070
Is there a group/anyone else for Leeds Met? I seem to be the only one at the minute!
Reply 4071
Original post by juliewho
Wow, everyone seems to have a group now - with only me and two others that I know of firming Newcastle, I think it's a bit too early to form a group. :tongue:

I'm firming newcastle too! so thats 4 haha
Original post by aish94
I'm firming newcastle too! so thats 4 haha

Yay! Did you manage to get your offer conditions sorted out, then? (Hoping I got the right person here haha) and what accomodation have you chosen? :smile:
Reply 4073
Yay! Did you manage to get your offer conditions sorted out, then? (Hoping I got the right person here haha) and what accomodation have you chosen? :smile:

yess i am the right person ha but everything's fine now, they just thought i was still doing biology when i wasn't.. but they just changed my offer to not including biology so alls good :smile:
erm Windsor terrace, Marris house and Richardson road, (the first two are so popular though that i'll probs end up in Richardson road) what have you gone for?
Original post by aish94
yess i am the right person ha but everything's fine now, they just thought i was still doing biology when i wasn't.. but they just changed my offer to not including biology so alls good :smile:
erm Windsor terrace, Marris house and Richardson road, (the first two are so popular though that i'll probs end up in Richardson road) what have you gone for?

I went for Bowsden and Castle Leazes, and then St Marys. I really want ensuite or washbasin at least so I thought by picking less popular choices I have more chance of getting what I want. So excited for September now though :smile: That's good about your offer too, it's about 50-50 that i'll meet my offer or miss it by one grade :s-smilie:
Reply 4075
I went for Bowsden and Castle Leazes, and then St Marys. I really want ensuite or washbasin at least so I thought by picking less popular choices I have more chance of getting what I want. So excited for September now though :smile: That's good about your offer too, it's about 50-50 that i'll meet my offer or miss it by one grade :s-smilie:

I was thinking about St Mary's, just wasn't sure about getting buses and stuff... Yes was really worried that they would take the offer off me but thank god they didn't!! me tooo :biggrin: aww i'm sure you'll do it! but i am scared too, really worried about maths at the moment :frown:
Original post by aish94
I was thinking about St Mary's, just wasn't sure about getting buses and stuff... Yes was really worried that they would take the offer off me but thank god they didn't!! me tooo :biggrin: aww i'm sure you'll do it! but i am scared too, really worried about maths at the moment :frown:

Bowsden has a metro station next door and it's less distance than I travel to school every day at the moment so i'm not too worried about travel yet (i'll probably moan about it every day :tongue:)
I really hope we both get there, i'm really worried about chemistry, i'm right on the borderline between B/A :frown: Five exams in the summer and I don't feel prepared for any of them right now!
Reply 4077
Bowsden has a metro station next door and it's less distance than I travel to school every day at the moment so i'm not too worried about travel yet (i'll probably moan about it every day :tongue:)
I really hope we both get there, i'm really worried about chemistry, i'm right on the borderline between B/A :frown: Five exams in the summer and I don't feel prepared for any of them right now!

Ahh thats not too bad then, yeah it won't take long anyway!
fingers crossed! but I know exactly what you mean, feels like we've just done the January ones and the summer exams are creeping up already, i have five too :frown:
my friends complain about Chemistry so i feel for you, you can do it though!!
Original post by aish94
Ahh thats not too bad then, yeah it won't take long anyway!
fingers crossed! but I know exactly what you mean, feels like we've just done the January ones and the summer exams are creeping up already, i have five too :frown:
my friends complain about Chemistry so i feel for you, you can do it though!!

Going to take my bike to cut down on travel costs, but i'll probably be too lazy anyway. I know, I have english coursework to do and my first exam is in about a month :frown: Everyone complains about maths and I tried it for a while last year but had to drop out because I was so bad at it, so I definitely know how you feel! :tongue: Positive thinking is the way forward though :biggrin:
Reply 4079
Going to take my bike to cut down on travel costs, but i'll probably be too lazy anyway. I know, I have english coursework to do and my first exam is in about a month :frown: Everyone complains about maths and I tried it for a while last year but had to drop out because I was so bad at it, so I definitely know how you feel! :tongue: Positive thinking is the way forward though :biggrin:

Haa I love the thought of bringing a bike, you should defo do it!
not fun, that's soon.. but good luck with both the coursework and the exams :smile:
Oh it really is awful, don't know how I have stuck with it this long but oh well, just need to concentrate and get that B! But yes we will stay positive and see each other in September :biggrin: haha

Quick Reply

Latest