The Student Room Group

Alton Towers Fast Pass

Hey TSR!

Me and my boyfriend are going down to AT in July (we think the 7th, as were going with a coach trip thing) and we are deliberating on getting the £45 Ultimate Fast Pass, which has:

The Fastrack Ultimate is perfect for all the thrill-seekers out there, as it gives you one Fastrack for 19 of our fastest, most thrilling rides including:

Air
Nemesis
Nemesis Sub-Terra
Rita
Ripsaw
Duel
Rapids
Hex
Submission
Enterprise
Sonic Spinball
Runaway Mine Train
Oblivion
The Flume
TH13TEEN
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Battle Galleons
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem

I've been before, but a long while ago, and hes never been so, do you guys think it's worth it considering the time etc?

Personal experience would also be good:colondollar:

Thanks guys!
~Meg <3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Beginning of July is quite a busy time because of end of year school trips etc., and you stated you were going on a coach, which usually gets there at 10 (depending on what time it departs :s-smilie:) and you have to leave at about 4/5. When I went at the beginning of July, I had to queue up for two hours to get on Rita!! Just over half of the rides above do have long queues (The queues for Hex, Ripsaw, Duel, Submission, Enterprise, Mine Train, and the last three rides in the list have tended to be shorter when I've been there!) Plus, seeing as Nemesis Sub-Terra is a new ride, many people will be going especially to try that.. so with the Fast Pass you'll be some of the first people of the day to try it! So I say buy them, then you'll probably have time left over at the end of the day to relax a bit :]

Hope I helped :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Livzien
Beginning of July is quite a busy time because of end of year school trips etc., and you stated you were going on a coach, which usually gets there at 10 (depending on what time it departs :s-smilie:) and you have to leave at about 4/5. When I went at the beginning of July, I had to queue up for two hours to get on Rita!! Just over half of the rides above do have long queues (The queues for Hex, Ripsaw, Duel, Submission, Enterprise, Mine Train, and the last three rides in the list have tended to be shorter when I've been there!) Plus, seeing as Nemesis Sub-Terra is a new ride, many people will be going especially to try that.. so with the Fast Pass you'll be some of the first people of the day to try it! So I say buy them, then you'll probably have time left over at the end of the day to relax a bit :]

Hope I helped :biggrin:

I'm not sure when the coach leaves! I might mail the people the do it.
Considering all you've said (which was great help!) I think were leaning towards getting one. What rides should we go on first?
Thanks so much :biggrin:
Reply 3
It will definitely save you a lot of time in queues, I found a whole booklet of them on the ground when I was there, I went on oblivion 10 times in the space that this one guy was waiting to go on once :tongue: Oblivion is awesome :biggrin: If you've got the money then it's probably worth it, you'll get to go on everything you want without any hassle, there's a separate queue for the fast track holders so you pretty much get right on. In any case, enjoy your day!
Reply 4
Original post by KCosmo
It will definitely save you a lot of time in queues, I found a whole booklet of them on the ground when I was there, I went on oblivion 10 times in the space that this one guy was waiting to go on once :tongue: Oblivion is awesome :biggrin: If you've got the money then it's probably worth it, you'll get to go on everything you want without any hassle, there's a separate queue for the fast track holders so you pretty much get right on. In any case, enjoy your day!

Ah you're lucky huh! Yeah I went on Oblivion years ago when I first went, it was amazing! :biggrin: Thank you very much for your advice and we will hopefully have a fantastic time!
Reply 5
Original post by megara
I'm not sure when the coach leaves! I might mail the people the do it.
Considering all you've said (which was great help!) I think were leaning towards getting one. What rides should we go on first?
Thanks so much :biggrin:

You're welcome!! :] Well I saw you've put that you've been on Oblivion, so I'd head straight to Rita first, because it's right at the other end of the park therefore you can work your way from the furthest rides, and even in Rita's fast track queue you have to wait for a while at the busiest times (around early afternoon).. Waiting 40 minutes for an 11 second ride doesn't seem worth it when you think about it :[
Reply 6
Original post by Livzien
You're welcome!! :] Well I saw you've put that you've been on Oblivion, so I'd head straight to Rita first, because it's right at the other end of the park therefore you can work your way from the furthest rides, and even in Rita's fast track queue you have to wait for a while at the busiest times (around early afternoon).. Waiting 40 minutes for an 11 second ride doesn't seem worth it when you think about it :[

Yeah, I think from all I've read Rita is super super popular, which is crazy considering it's an old(er) ride than the new ones like TH13TEEN etc. What else is near Rita, and where is the area we should move on to after her?
(I haven't been in yeaaars so sorry if I seem like a proper novice haha!) :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by megara
Yeah, I think from all I've read Rita is super super popular, which is crazy considering it's an old(er) ride than the new ones like TH13TEEN etc. What else is near Rita, and where is the area we should move on to after her?
(I haven't been in yeaaars so sorry if I seem like a proper novice haha!) :colondollar:

Haha it's fine! :P TH13TEEN is right next to Rita, so it'd be best to go on that one next! Those are the only two rides in that area :[ Then perhaps move onto X-Sector with Oblivion etc. then go to the "Cloud Cuckoo Land Skyride" (doubt you'd want to go on any of the rides in the Cloud Cuckoo area?) and that should take you near Duel and the other rides like Air! :]
Single rider queues all the way.
Reply 9
I would definately use a Fast Pass. The queues are enormous in the summer. You would only get on a few rides and your day would not be as enjoyable! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Heavy-Metal-Lover
Single rider queues all the way.

I have read a lot that they're a good way to go but I'd really like to go on with my boyfriend! If we were there more often I would.:smile:
Original post by megara
Hey TSR!

Me and my boyfriend are going down to AT in July (we think the 7th, as were going with a coach trip thing) and we are deliberating on getting the £45 Ultimate Fast Pass, which has:

The Fastrack Ultimate is perfect for all the thrill-seekers out there, as it gives you one Fastrack for 19 of our fastest, most thrilling rides including:

Air
Nemesis
Nemesis Sub-Terra
Rita
Ripsaw
Duel
Rapids
Hex
Submission
Enterprise
Sonic Spinball
Runaway Mine Train
Oblivion
The Flume
TH13TEEN
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Battle Galleons
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem

I've been before, but a long while ago, and hes never been so, do you guys think it's worth it considering the time etc?

Personal experience would also be good:colondollar:

Thanks guys!
~Meg <3

Sure you don't want a breather? I mean that's a lot of rides. Depending on the rides, the popular rides are big in queue, such as

Thirteen, Rita, Oblivion. I love Thirteen personally because its unique. Rita for its speed, oblivion for it's suspense. etc etc. Air is good too. Feels like your superman. or superwomen.

Queues are normally 15 minutes, average....minimum 7 minutes. Worst experience in queue was 40 minutes, giving those with ultimate fast pass as their first priority at Rita... which caused an uproar.

Moving on, if you get to Alton towers early, there is no need to get a pass in my opinion. It's very quiet and same applies to between 6-7.

It gets busy after 10am.
Original post by megara
I have read a lot that they're a good way to go but I'd really like to go on with my boyfriend! If we were there more often I would.:smile:

Not to mention, if you and your boyfriend are exhausted, there is a room for you love birds to stay :smile:

Last time I went was last year and I saw 2 celebrities, so chances if your lucky you may see celebrities relaxing.
Reply 13
Original post by fourdigit
Not to mention, if you and your boyfriend are exhausted, there is a room for you love birds to stay :smile:

Last time I went was last year and I saw 2 celebrities, so chances if your lucky you may see celebrities relaxing.

which two celebrities? :redface:

And to the OP the fast pass looks so much better as when i went i wanted to go on with my friends and each ride took like an hour to que, tip: have lunch early and go on all the scary rides during lunch time, the ques were really short then, we managed to go on Air, Ripsaw and Nemesis at lunch time. Well if you get the fast pass you won't have to worry about that.
Fast Passes at Alton Towers are definitely worth it! I'd say get them for Air, Nemesis, Rita, Sonic Spinball, Oblivion, Thirteen, and The Flume...because they have really long queues! Also, if your staying overnight at one of the hotels, you get let into the theme park an hour earlier than everyone else..make use of that time! We went on Nemesis three times, Air twice and Oblivion once!
Ahh Alton Towers, good fun!

I went on Air. That was the main one we went on. Other than that, it was raining so some of the rides were closed. Also went on the one which is in an indoor building, it's like a history setting.....

Me and ma m8s had good fun, especially on the cable cars :lol:

well my m8s were trying to open the doors on the cable cars lmao

neg: lmao keep on negging me
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by izzaha

And to the OP the fast pass looks so much better as when i went i wanted to go on with my friends and each ride took like an hour to que, tip: have lunch early and go on all the scary rides during lunch time, the ques were really short then, we managed to go on Air, Ripsaw and Nemesis at lunch time. Well if you get the fast pass you won't have to worry about that.

Joe Hart and his wife.

JLS.
the new nemesis sub was awful, don't go on it, not worth the queue
Original post by izzaha

Some said they saw the Saturdays but I did not see them. I guess it was packed on the day.
Reply 19
Original post by izzaha

I went recently and saw Peter Jones from Dragons Den.

Original post by x-Sophie-x
Oblivion once!

But oblivion is the best! :frown:

I run to the other end of the park and go on Air, then ripsaw if my friends want to, then nemesis, then nemesis sub-terra, then take the skyride to the mutiny bay area, eat at the fried chicken shop in X-sector, go on oblivion a few times and then leg it to the congo river rapids.

Then the time is usually up, we don't bother with Rita, the que is massive and probably not worth it imo. I probably won't be bothering the nemesis sub-terra again either.

The last time I went, one of the girls insisted that we go on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride, and then she spent £6 trying to win a teddy. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest