TSR Veggie Society

Scroll to see replies

I'm a veggie and
Veggie pizzas = yum! :biggrin:

I also get food quicker on the plane :smile:
Original post by blueray
I also get food quicker on the plane :smile:

Best part, right there :biggrin:
What's the best egg replacement for baking? Becoming vegan is going very well so far, but I still have a soft spot for cakes :redface:
Reply 1143
Hi can I join?
I'm a vegetarian that doesn't eat meat or fish but I eat cheese and egg etc. (lacto-ovo veggie I believe) :smile:
Original post by LostHorizons
What's the best egg replacement for baking? Becoming vegan is going very well so far, but I still have a soft spot for cakes :redface:

Shall I send you some recipes for egg-less cake? My friends aunt makes them and they are amazing!
Original post by blueray
Shall I send you some recipes for egg-less cake? My friends aunt makes them and they are amazing!

That'd be great, thanks :smile:
That'd be great, thanks :smile:

Here you go :smile:

http://www.egglesscooking.com/eggless-baking-recipes/eggless-cake-recipes/

Pick which ones you like :biggrin: +1 for complement as well :h:

I use No Egg powder, good stuff. Mixes 1 tspn with 1 tbsp of soya milk. Most health food shops sell it. :smile:
I'm vegetarian, I have been since I was 8, I'm 17 now, so I've been it for more of my life than not. I shall be vegeterain to the end! Ahoy.
Hello, :colondollar:
Been a (lacto-ovo) vegetarian for almost 2 years now; aspiring to be a vegan somewhere down the line :tongue:
All of you need to watch this video in full.
Discover the myths from leading "nutritional" experts.
[video="youtube;htNS3JNROp8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htNS3JNROp8&list=UU_K0S2GbXYI9Fc77d6oRE7w&index=39&feature=plcp[/video]
Reply 1151
I searched the TSR community page for a vegetarian society to see if there was one, and great, looks like there is. I became a vegetarian (lacto-ovo at the moment) at New Years and I'm very glad I made the transition. Applied to join the society.
Anyone got any good vegan recipes?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I am strongly considering going Vegan. I am already quite the fussy eater (especially with meat and fish), so I think going Vegan would prevent that, since I'm not always keen on meat and fish.

Let's hope I can find the right substitutes for vegan food. I did go vegetarian once, but that wasn't for very long (bare in mind, I was 8 :tongue:). The only meat I consume is spaghetti meat because (no joke) it's the only meal that everyone in the house will eat, so I feel awkward disappointing them and it would make me look like an even more fussy eater. Maybe one day, when I've got my own place, I can properly start being Vegan. But, I also have difficulty with clothing and what to wear (if only they made music t-shirts that were vegan-friendly, if that is the word).

Maybe soon I will try it out (I have been thinking about going Vegan for the past 6 months, but...EXAMS (well GCSE, so it's not as worrying as, say, A levels)

I think I will stay semi-veggie until I've left my house (possibly when I go to uni) I would definitely try being vegetarian (don't have mince meat in spaghetti :eek: so difficult).
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello everyone :biggrin:

I've been a vegan for a good few months now, if anyone is considering it it is REALLY SIMPLE :biggrin:, just don't buy any meat and eat tons of veg and whole grains pretty much lmao,

just wondering if I can join this soceity as i don't really know many vegans IRL and i'd love to get to know some =)
Original post by adamsearle
Anyone got any good vegan recipes?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What sorta thing did you have in mind? :smile:
I have been vegetarian my whole life and am strongly considering becoming a vegan, how hard is it to make the transition and what foods did everyone miss the most to begin with? I think i'm going to really miss buttery toast...soya spreads just aren't the same :frown:
Reply 1157
As a vegetarian, and someone who doesn't really eat a lot of dairy products if I can help it... should I be taking any supplement?
Reply 1158
Original post by N!*
As a vegetarian, and someone who doesn't really eat a lot of dairy products if I can help it... should I be taking any supplement?

I take a multivitamin myself since I reckon it covers the blindspots in my diet that I don't know about. They're fairly cheap really, a small bottle of A-Z vitamin tablets from any supermarket.

Dairy can be good for getting proteins from in the absence of meat, though you can also get it from other sources like nuts, etc, or meat substitutes like Quorn.
Reply 1159
Original post by N!*

Miser answered really well :smile: thought I'd add I also take multi vitamins. Used to just take cheap ones with iron that I got in savers, but have switched to Berocca cause I heard it's great for your immune system. One thing to watch out for is make sure any supplements you do take are veggie friendly... some of the tablets use gelatin and other stuff, even the non chewy ones.

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app

Quick Reply

Latest