The Student Room Group

Bristol Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Ah thanks to you both.
Yeah, am quite shocked I got unconditional - I've still got a Masters to finish up, but it's nice to have the pressure off a little.... Are you doing A-levels or undergrad? I only applied to Bristol, so it was a massive gamble - but it seems to have paid off!
meenah: really hope you're not waiting too long. Do you have any other offers?
Reply 1221
Original post by louxise
Ah thanks to you both.
Yeah, am quite shocked I got unconditional - I've still got a Masters to finish up, but it's nice to have the pressure off a little.... Are you doing A-levels or undergrad? I only applied to Bristol, so it was a massive gamble - but it seems to have paid off!
meenah: really hope you're not waiting too long. Do you have any other offers?

Wow,that's absolutely amazing!!!!
I'm a reapplicant after four straight rejections last year, I've been soooo lucky this year and in the past two weekds I've received offers from Leeds and Liverpool so I know I don't really have the right to be stressing about Bristol. But I LOVED Bristol sosososo much!! If I get rejected then I'll go ahead and firm Leeds though, just so happy I'm finally going to be studying medicine, I cried for like half an hour from sheer joy :biggrin:
I genuinely hope everyone gets to where they want to be!! X
Im in yr 13 and still have my june modules to worry about. Nice one meenah! Bristol is the only medicine uni i have left but im prepared for the worst and im going to take a gap year if all doesnt go to plan. However I do hope i get into bristol because it was so nice there. who knows... we may be in the same lecture come october!!! well done for your offers guys. definitely well deserved!!!! :smile:

by the way: I just remembered that there are interviews today as well, so good luck to anyone who has had/ is having one, im sure you all will do really well!! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1223
meenah: Thank you! I think congratulations are in order for you too... Totally understand what you mean about Bristol though - I loved it too and know I'm incredibly lucky to have been given an offer. I sincerely hope Bristol comes up with the goods for you as well, but I hear Leeds and Liverpool are pretty tip-top too..!

wubzza155: So sorry to hear about all this - but, as I think meenah has proven, a gap year would be no bad thing at all for your 2013 application if this is what it turned out to be. I wish you the very best of luck with it all - and I really hope Bristol don't keep you waiting too much longer...
Original post by louxise
meenah: Thank you! I think congratulations are in order for you too... Totally understand what you mean about Bristol though - I loved it too and know I'm incredibly lucky to have been given an offer. I sincerely hope Bristol comes up with the goods for you as well, but I hear Leeds and Liverpool are pretty tip-top too..!

wubzza155: So sorry to hear about all this - but, as I think meenah has proven, a gap year would be no bad thing at all for your 2013 application if this is what it turned out to be. I wish you the very best of luck with it all - and I really hope Bristol don't keep you waiting too much longer...

Yeah, thanks louxise. I think my bristol interview went ok but i really hope they do end up giving me an offer so i can join you successful people in october!! Im open to a gap year but id rather not if you know what i mean. I wish you guys all the best in your medical careers :smile:
on their website, it says "credit is given for the best 8 gcse subjects at A/A*"

does anyone know exactly how this works? Do they credit an A* more than an A, or see them equally?
Reply 1226
Just got rejected from Bristol having been on the waiting list since Jan!
I kind of expected it actually because my interview was terrible!
Looks like I'm firming Leeds, don't get me wrong I'm happy to do so but :frown: was looking forward to maybe joining you all!!
Oh well, lots of luck in your future careers and enjoy med school/where ever you end up! lots of love xxxxxx
Original post by meenah
Just got rejected from Bristol having been on the waiting list since Jan!
I kind of expected it actually because my interview was terrible!
Looks like I'm firming Leeds, don't get me wrong I'm happy to do so but :frown: was looking forward to maybe joining you all!!
Oh well, lots of luck in your future careers and enjoy med school/where ever you end up! lots of love xxxxxx

Really sorry to hear that meenah - on the bright side leeds is fantastic; i have friends there and they love it - you will have an awesome time and will still be doing medicine after all!
good luck with everything! :biggrin: xxx
just got rejected after being on hold. looks like I'm taking a gap year after all. well done everyone else. I hope you enjoy medicine at uni :smile: good luck to you all :smile:
Ah, the sweet smell of rejection. I'll be taking that gap year as well.... but well done to everyone who got a place, hope it goes really well :smile:
Reply 1230
Offer! after being on hold since jan... they are doing this in such a weird order.. i'm confused haha!
Reply 1231
Oh, so sorry to hear this meenah, wubzza155 and housefan12...

wubzza155 and housefan12: I know this is easy for me to say, but I really think that taking a gap year will be brilliant - I've had several in between doing various things (before I even decided I wanted to do Medicine!). They gave me such varied experiences - and I'm sure it'll be the same for you too, which will only serve to strengthen your Medicine applications for next year.

I really wish you all the best of luck!
Reply 1232
IS there any international students out there who isnt still called to inteview?? Bristol did not say anything at all ......they still didnt reject me and still didnt call me for an interview
and there is this person called mike who replied to my email and said that they are still considering the application!!! he didnt really say anything about the last date for interview
Original post by tim3
IS there any international students out there who isnt still called to inteview?? Bristol did not say anything at all ......they still didnt reject me and still didnt call me for an interview
and there is this person called mike who replied to my email and said that they are still considering the application!!! he didnt really say anything about the last date for interview

The last date was definitely 4th April unfortunately
Reply 1234
Original post by aeneas745
The last date was definitely 4th April unfortunately

i see....were you interviewed? did you get an offer? should i then assume I am rejected? i was not even interviewed or said anything. They just simply said they continue interview throughout april
I have not heard anything from Bristol? Does anyone know when they are conducting interviews until?
Reply 1236
I've heard nothing since Feb. I'd anyone else getting annoyed at Bristol for dragging this out for so long? I want to firm my options already and start choosing accommodation.
I withdrew from Bristol but they did email to say last interview date was 4th April.
Reply 1238
I see.........i guess it four rejection then
Original post by tim3
I see.........i guess it four rejection then

Really sorry about that Tim

Quick Reply

Latest