The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
Erm... i can't remember. influence of musicians... and some other stuff. I've got my prompt sheet somewhere.

Sorry to butt in, did you do German AS Level, Snowflake? :eek:
Original post by Mollymod
Sorry to butt in, did you do German AS Level, Snowflake? :eek:

yup, and did crap last year. Hence why I'm resitting ALL of it and starting to freak about said resits.
Saw the Hunger Games earlier. OMG SO AMAZING! :sogood:
Reply 9143
Guess who is one of 24 year 12 pupils going to Germany for two weeks this summer? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Guess who is one of 24 year 12 pupils going to Germany for two weeks this summer! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

No question mark, therefore, no question. :teehee:

Reply 9145
Original post by NutterFrutter
No question mark, therefore, no question. :teehee:

Do rhetorical questions always need a question mark? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Guess who is one of 24 year 12 pupils going to Germany for two weeks this summer? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

congrats :jive:
Reply 9147
Original post by berryripple
congrats :jive:

Danke! I am very excited :lol: One of the girls from my college who got on it last year, has an offer to do German at Oxford next year so I hope it bodes well! :ahee:
Original post by Etoile
Danke! I am very excited :lol: One of the girls from my college who got on it last year, has an offer to do German at Oxford next year so I hope it bodes well! :ahee:

Oooh :teeth:
Original post by Etoile

Maybe she was a good candidate ?
Reply 9150
Oooh :teeth:

I know! :ahee: Plus I think it will improve my conversational German a lot :h:

Original post by chignesh10
Maybe she was a good candidate ?

Well, she must be! Apparently she thinks this thing helped her add a little something to her application is all. Leave me with my dreams man :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Etoile

:zomg: :zomg: :zomg:

Spoiler

Reply 9152
Original post by chickenonsteroids
:zomg: :zomg: :zomg:

Spoiler

It could have been you if you'd applied.. did you?
Original post by Etoile
It could have been you if you'd applied.. did you?

no :colondollar: I have no idea what these things are, it wasn't offered at my school :tongue:

2 weeks in Germany... now your German will be even better :sigh: eventually you'll be like a native speaker and just make all the learners look like fools :tongue:
Reply 9154
no :colondollar: I have no idea what these things are, it wasn't offered at my school :tongue:

2 weeks in Germany... now your German will be even better :sigh: eventually you'll be like a native speaker and just make all the learners look like fools :tongue:

http://www.ukgermanconnection.org/gpc
Your school is rubbish, come to mine :tongue:
Aha well native sounding is kind of the ultimate aim! :lol: I don't want to make people look like fools though, I want to encourage everyone to share in the joy of learning languages :ahee:
Edexcel is ****.
Original post by Etoile
http://www.ukgermanconnection.org/gpc
Your school is rubbish, come to mine :tongue:
Aha well native sounding is kind of the ultimate aim! :lol: I don't want to make people look like fools though, I want to encourage everyone to share in the joy of learning languages :ahee:

oh for fudge sake .. ahhhh even though my German sucks it does sound awesome, I really like Germany :daydreaming:

But well done :biggrin: :biggrin: it does sound pretty difficult to get onto, make the most of it :top2:
Reply 9157
oh for fudge sake .. ahhhh even though my German sucks it does sound awesome, I really like Germany :daydreaming:

But well done :biggrin: :biggrin: it does sound pretty difficult to get onto, make the most of it :top2:

Your German doesn't suck!! Thank you :h: Now I have something to put on my personal statement :woo: We have to give a talk at a local primary school though...where they don't teach German. Which seems a little odd. :confused:

Edexcel is ****.

:sadnod: What have they done now?
Original post by Etoile

:sadnod: What have they done now?

I just hate how ****ty they are for marking and stuff for politics. No wonder the grade boundaries are so weirdly low.
I just hate how ****ty they are for marking and stuff for politics. No wonder the grade boundaries are so weirdly low.

One of my mates was complaining as well, he said he thought really well in the january AS unit 1 politics Edexcel, ended up with a D

Latest