The Student Room Group

GCSE Polish Oral

Hi guys! I'm doing my GCSE Polish oral exam in about 2 weeks time now and I'm pretty stressed about it, even though I've already been given a list with all the possible topics I can choose for my presentation and general discussion, however I'm not quite sure how this test is carried out? I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me. Thanks in advance!
Original post by Memphis93
Hi guys! I'm doing my GCSE Polish oral exam in about 2 weeks time now and I'm pretty stressed about it, even though I've already been given a list with all the possible topics I can choose for my presentation and general discussion, however I'm not quite sure how this test is carried out? I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me. Thanks in advance!

What exam board are you with?

Edit: what was the neg for?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm guessing you're polish as they don't tend to teach polish in any schools. If you speak polish on a daily basis then it shouldn't be a problem for you.

When I've done it, there was basically one lady or two and a microphone. I had presentation topics and a conversation topic. I wrote some key phrases on a piece of paper for my presentation topic - education, just so I don't forget what to say. The lady asked me what does education mean to me etc. as I was saying, it's quite straight-forward if you're native. If you are native, then don't let stress take over and you'll get an a*, if not full marks. Just think about what you're going to say and note it down on a piece of paper in English. Good luck :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Antheran
I'm guessing you're polish as they don't tend to teach polish in any schools. If you speak polish on a daily basis then it shouldn't be a problem for you.

When I've done it, there was basically one lady or two and a microphone. I had presentation topics and a conversation topic. I wrote some key phrases on a piece of paper for my presentation topic - education, just so I don't forget what to say. The lady asked me what does education mean to me etc. as I was saying, it's quite straight-forward if you're native. If you are native, then don't let stress take over and you'll get an a*, if not full marks. Just think about what you're going to say and note it down on a piece of paper in English. Good luck :wink:

You're quite right though, they don't tend to teach Polish in high school, hence I'm doing it externally in a private language school. Yes I am polish, but I'm still kinda stressed out about it. It's ridiculous right? My presentation speech and general topic discussion are all prepared, I just need to properly rehearse them soon and I'll be done. Cheers for your advise though, much appreciated!
Also, does a lady carrying out the speaking exam tell you after the exam roughly how you've done and what grade you can be expecting to get?
Original post by Memphis93
You're quite right though, they don't tend to teach Polish in high school, hence I'm doing it externally in a private language school. Yes I am polish, but I'm still kinda stressed out about it. It's ridiculous right? My presentation speech and general topic discussion are all prepared, I just need to properly rehearse them soon and I'll be done. Cheers for your advise though, much appreciated!
Also, does a lady carrying out the speaking exam tell you after the exam roughly how you've done and what grade you can be expecting to get?

not usually. shes usually listening to you speak so when you mention you've got brothers and sisters, she'll then ask you whether you get on with them. So doesnt have the chance to really mark it.
Reply 5
Original post by .snowflake.

Edit: what was the neg for?

Oh, I'm sorry I've just noticed that. I don't know, I didn't do it. People these days -.-
Reply 6
Hey what questions do examiners ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending