The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

OMG Glasgow accommodation prices are scaring me haha :biggrin: Going by the first years accommodation cost, I'm going to be living in a cardboard box for the other 4 and probably the rest of my life haha :biggrin:
Reply 8041
Original post by Irishguy2K10
OMG Glasgow accommodation prices are scaring me haha :biggrin: Going by the first years accommodation cost, I'm going to be living in a cardboard box for the other 4 and probably the rest of my life haha :biggrin:

Same with rvc! My student loan doesn't even cover it

Let me win the lottery even though I don't buy tickets lord
Original post by Lucy_x

I am gonna start buying scratch cards or find a very old and rich relative :biggrin:
if you think glasgow's bad, spare a thought for the friends of mine who are staying in london for uni.their accommodation (single self catered and shared bathroom) is in excess of 6.5k a year o____O
Reply 8044
Original post by dizzeedollee
if you think glasgow's bad, spare a thought for the friends of mine who are staying in london for uni.their accommodation (single self catered and shared bathroom) is in excess of 6.5k a year o____O

Oh my god?!
Original post by dizzeedollee

Jaysus, thats bad.
So, Notts rejection finally came today - they really took their time! :P It's RVC now for me, or Dublin, but hopefully my results will get me to London!
Reply 8047
Original post by Lucy_x

Student loan is higher for London though!:smile:
Reply 8048
Original post by jacko111
Student loan is higher for London though!:smile:

I know but it still doesn't cover it :'( I don't get any grants etc you see
Reply 8049
Original post by goldengemma
Hey everyone,
Congratulations to everyone with offers!
I'm in the process of deciding between RVC and Bristol and was just wondering if anyone knew when applications for accomadation opened up for either/both? I really can't decide, they're both amazing places but I don't want to leave firming until really late and apply for accomadation quite late too!
I hope everyone is having a great Easter.
For the RVC interviews - did anyone else from group F3 (March 21st, afternoon) get an offer? I hope you did!

You should apply for accommodation asap not leave it late or you may have trouble getting in!:smile:
Does anybody know when we Can start applying for rvc accommodation? :smile:
Original post by I failed badly
Does anybody know when we Can start applying for rvc accommodation? :smile:

Have you received anything after you firmed RVC?
Original post by ofssinfoxes
Have you received anything after you firmed RVC?

No, I haven't heard of anyone getting anything from them but hopefully in the next couple of weeks we should. I want to apply for accommodation as soon as possible as I would like to get in college grove. :smile:
Only 50 or so sheep left to lamb, thank goodness. :redface:

Three weeks tomorrow since I started going up every morning. The first lie-in when it's over is going to be the best feeling ever. :tongue:
Reply 8054
Original post by I failed badly
No, I haven't heard of anyone getting anything from them but hopefully in the next couple of weeks we should. I want to apply for accommodation as soon as possible as I would like to get in college grove. :smile:

Not sure if rvc do it like that or whether they assign people to the most suitable halls. E.g. The further away you live the more likely you are to get cg etc
You know you have give it your all in a 10 mile time trial when you vomit at the line, hell yeah :biggrin:
You know you have give it your all in a 10 mile time trial when you vomit at the line, hell yeah :biggrin:

Crazy crazy person!! :biggrin:

What time did you do it in?

:rolleyes:

Feeling better now, though, I hope? :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Crazy crazy person!! :biggrin:

What time did you do it in?

Haha, yeo :biggrin: Ermm it was a disappointing 30:11. I was averaging around 23-25mph for the first 5 miles... then I had to turn to head back and do the other 5... thats when my stomach just let me know how sick it was haha. So my pace dropped altogether. Next week I will go for 26-27 minutes. :smile:
Original post by gernumblies
:rolleyes:

Feeling better now, though, I hope? :tongue:

Oo yea, just had a good feed :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending