The Student Room Group

Youths abuse McDonalds staff

So this video is doing the rounds on facebook as I live near where it happened.

Basically a group of teenagers start chanting things like 'get your tits out for the lads' and calling the workers fat, all over a cheeseburger.

I dont understand how people can think this is acceptable behaviour in any way, and it makes you wonder how often the staff have to put up with incidents like this.

Scroll to see replies

If I showed a chimpanzee this,

it would think, 'what ****ing animals. What part of the zoo do they belong to?'
That's terrible, if I could then I would line them all up and punch them in the face, one at a time:angry:
This must be what young Wigan fans do when their team wins. Luckily, its not that often. They're really hardline though, what could we do for celebration? Abuse our local McDonalds? Yeah why not.
What actually happened in this anyway? Like you know, leading up to it?

...and it doesn't surprise me that alot of them look chavvy...bloody underclass dirt/scum.
They were obviously rioting because they could not afford the 99p cheeseburger.
Original post by Cheese_Monster
This must be what young Wigan fans do when their team wins. Luckily, its not that often. They're really hardline though, what could we do for celebration? Abuse our local McDonalds? Yeah why not.

At first I thought fans, but apparently its the aftermath of a party
Reply 7
Well they (the chavs) better start preparing for this in the years to come, they will need the experience when dealing with such customers like themselves when they are working in McDeez.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
:L That's Wigan for you.

Played Rugby there a couple'a times and they were just a bunch of scouser scumbags. Which is strange, considering Wigan's closer to Manchester than Liverpool, but it's hardly any better :wink:
Reply 9
What do you expect?! We all know that the majority of McDonalds' custom comes from this sort of people. I genuinely fail to see what's so surprising about it.
They should have just threw boiling vegetable oil over them to be honest
Original post by swaggiee
Well they (the chavs) better start preparing for this in the years to come, they will need the experience when dealing with such customers like themselves when they are working in McDeez.

To be honest I doubt these people are even good enough to work in there.

Although local branches rejected me over 20 times because I was overqualified.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
To be honest I doubt these people are even good enough to work in there.

Although local branches rejected me over 20 times because I was overqualified.

Do they seriousely reject people for being over qualified surley they want smart people working there not just simpletons.
When in wigan................ :dontknow:
Reply 14
BREAKING NEWS: A bunch of teenage scrotes act like *****! Nation shocked!
Reply 15
Original post by Shabalala
Do they seriousely reject people for being over qualified surley they want smart people working there not just simpletons.

They want people who do the things they're told. Doing them quickly and efficiently is a major plus.

That is not to say being smart is negative, and I'm definitely not implying that people working at McD's are stupid. It's just that people with university degrees or similar backgrounds are more likely to feel entitled to criticise things and challenge rules and processes.

Yeah.

They know that particularly intelligent people are probably going to leave as soon as something else comes along.

they want people who will stay there a while, not highly qualified people who'll leave as soon as they find something better. No point spending time and money on training for someone who's just going to leave.

I work in a McDonald's and it's (thankfully) incredibly rarely anything like this (and I've never experienced anything nearly comparable).
what a great area you live in.
Reply 19
They're from Wigan so I feel sorry for them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending