The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any news from John Lewis with regards to photographs?:smile: or any newsletter?:smile:
Some segments could be huge - remember the spectacular "light" drummers in Beijing, there were 2008 of them :party2:
Original post by twilightz
. u forgot to mention segment 43 . I'm not sure what is it for but I found this earlier on the forum ( I got a congratulations email today at 2.45 ! It's for a casting role in 43-group A. Phew! Anyone else? ) from a SechZhen. I 've noticed that is one of the segments that has not been mentioned here at all.

Didn't forget but only listed those with 4 or more segments and the ones with most people here. 43 is on the spreadsheet and I will add Blackwolf as our first 43B (hello!)
Me too..:smile:

btw have you got any update emails i.e one week to go like others on seg 49 got last week?

nope, no e-mail yet!
Has anyone seen this links of London circle of 5 thing? 'Reward your friends with a London 2012 bracelet' hmmmm. Am I the only one this makes NO sense to? I'd rather links produced a special friendship bracelet, than give my friends an olympics bracelet, which means NOTHING to them...!
Reply 5805
wow so much activity!
busy evening ahead with the first of many orientation meetings...good luck to you all and hope all goes well. Cannot believe we are still waiting for cast offers with rehearsals so close now. Ah well maybe it means its just paras we are waiting for??
Reserves I admire your stamina, its been quite a marathon!! So hold on in there......
Original post by galactica2009
Any news from John Lewis with regards to photographs?:smile: or any newsletter?:smile:

Sorry, no. Been monitoring the JL e-zine and Barbara Chandler's Flickr stream, nothing.
Original post by Dancerwoman
I'm roughly working out the numbers as more or less the same number that auditioned per section. So, Segment 49 (with it's A to H mini sections) is calculated at 1,600 performers for that segment alone.

[speculates wildly].

250 performers in every 49 sub-group would make a total of 2,000.
And 251.5 performers...2012! Not that I would want to cut any of you in halves, but...

[speculates even wildlier]
Reply 5808
49 = epic.
Still wondering if 47a is a tiny group. How odd if you were in a section that was just you when you got to the rehearsal!!!! And then you were told you were going to be dressed as Wenlock. Ha.
Original post by cornishscot
The videos in this link reminded me of our Olympic Performers audition sessions so I thought I would share:-

http://jesus-loves-you.org/?p=6588

Wow, that's brilliant and quite moving too! Not much UK and Aussie input though. The German man going the wrong way reminds me of my para audition...

Adelie, I haven't had the Non-disclosure Agreement email, though I did sign one in November for the drumming recall. See you later And good luck Rafiki with your interview!
Original post by commonliner
250 performers in every 49 sub-group would make a total of 2,000.
And 251.5 performers...2012! Not that I would want to cut any of you in halves, but...

[speculates even wildlier]

I was calculating on 200 per segment but then again, the numbers could work out at 50 to 100?

I guess we'll never know until after the rehearsals commence.
Reply 5811
I think segment 49 has the largest group- it extends to H (lausky22)

Just to clarify - I am not in 49H anymore, I moved to the drumming group 51B.

Although, I know for sure that there is a 49H group, as I received the 49H update email a couple of weeks ago. I replied to make sure that I have definitely moved to 51B and they said I definitely have, but I happen to be on the mail list...Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't cast in 2 sections..that would be awkward...!!
Hi I am not new to this thread I was quirkymum but a problem with my password and subsequent attempts to sort have failed. I dont post very often but I am a games maker for the paralympics ...waiting to hear about the olympics gamesmaker role and most importantly waiting to hear about the para opening ceremony along with everyone else. I have to confirm my shifts as a gamesmaker and know that some may clash were i to be lucky enough to get in the opening ceremony .I have the option of changing my shifts but only six days left to do this ......just want to know so I can juggle as I can do both roles but obviously only if I know I am in ....and when the compulsory rehearsals are. For those of you in the Olympic opening ceremony are there some common dates you must all attend ie the dress or tech rehearsal (if such things exist) and if these are in the public domain how far are they in front of the opening ceremony .....or is it classified. I have a couple of shifts booked before the paras which may clash with those vital rehearsals .It was so reassuring to learn I could change shifts ......but not if I dont know if im in or not. I really didnt do very well in my recall I ended up at dance when really I am acting (if anything !!) so I was expecting a rejection but as time goes on you begin to hope they may want a bouncy enthusiastic middleaged woman somewhere !!!
fingers crossed I will know before the deadline of changing my shift patterns
Reply 5813
Sorry - we're not able to give you specific information about rehearsals I'm afraid. It would present a security risk never mind spoil the surprise potentially if the press managed to get in/photos etc.... However people have different number of rehearsals depending on role - I have about 25 for example but some have as few as 8. How many you have determines how early your rehearsals start. However I don't think anyone has a schedule for the Paras yet so that could be completely different.

Good luck with your games maker role. I think there is a separate thread for games makers on TSR although some auditionees on here are also games makers or ambassadors.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ropey1
Sorry - we're not able to give you specific information about rehearsals I'm afraid. It would present a security risk never mind spoil the surprise potentially if the press managed to get in/photos etc.... However people have different number of rehearsals depending on role - I have about 25 for example but some have as few as 8. How many you have determines how early your rehearsals start. However I don't think anyone has a schedule for the Paras yet so that could be completely different.

Good luck with your games maker role. I think there is a separate thread for games makers on TSR although some auditionees on here are also games makers or ambassadors.

I have 25 rehearsals but they don't start for another few weeks so I don't think the number you have determines when they start.

So envious of all you props people having your first meeting tonight - hope it all goes well and there is some stuff you can share with us afterwards!

Good luck to all those starting rehearsals this Saturday .... ooo it's getting so exciting now!
Thanks I understand. are you able to tell me if you are given the compulsory dates along with all the rehearsal dates at the time you are notified of being successful. I understand you can miss two rehearsals (excluding compulsory dates). I am assuming the compulsory dates are the pulling together /dress rehearsal/tech ones. As long as I was told these from the onset I would change my shifts accordingly. so hoping they tell us one way or the other in the next week
Original post by brownbear1
Thanks I understand. are you able to tell me if you are given the compulsory dates along with all the rehearsal dates at the time you are notified of being successful. I understand you can miss two rehearsals (excluding compulsory dates). I am assuming the compulsory dates are the pulling together /dress rehearsal/tech ones. As long as I was told these from the onset I would change my shifts accordingly. so hoping they tell us one way or the other in the next week

Yes, you'll get a complete schedule including the compulsory dates. All this waiting is impossible - I do feel for you - good luck.
Hello there. I've also been keeping an eye on this forum , having auditioned in mid feb for the opening ceremony. I called today and guess what - we'll find out in a week! Or so they say ;-) Its sort of like being in purgatory...I think that the initial buzz has faded away a little bit - obviously I would love to do it, but now I would just rather know one way or another. Hang in there!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by oncewasastudent#
Hello there. I've also been keeping an eye on forum , having auditioned in mid feb for the opening ceremony. I called today and guess what - we'll find out in a week! Or so they say ;-) Its sort of like being in purgatory...I think that the initial buzz has faded away a little bit - obviously I would love to do it, but now I would just rather know one way or another. Hang in there!

I think they're waiting for all the rehearsals to start first to see how many "acceptances" turn up. I reckon that by the third rehearsal of all of the segments, you will start to see some of the remaining reserves at that time for the relevant sections receiving cast offers and "slotted in" the relevant segments.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.
Reply 5819
Original post by Dancerwoman
I think they're waiting for all the rehearsals to start first to see how many "acceptances" turn up. I reckon that by the third rehearsal of all of the segments, you will start to see some of the remaining reserves at that time for the relevant sections receiving cast offers and "slotted in" the relevant segments.

Well, that's my take on it anyway.

thats quite possible but you can miss 2 rehearsals before being pushed to the reserve list!! its just so horrid the not knowing I do hope it all works out for everyone :smile:

Latest